Home Work & Volunteering
Exciting news! Join our watch club and get free access to NOW for 1 month

i dont know what job i want but i need to decide now

AJ20AJ20 Posts: 1 Literally just got here
Okay so this will probably be a rant but my lifes falling apart right now, im 19 living in a shared house, ive only just got a job but it pays a month what my boyfriend earns a week and hes been paying for EVERYTHING for nearly a year now and hes done with it, he needs help his mental health is terrible because of all the pressure. now im still at college so i cant do much but work part time where i do and go to college, when i finish college ill try go for a job in the factory hes in but i need to help him right now. I am doing media at college and need to pick a field to specify in, i thought graphic design but i cant draw and no one would hire me. i really dont know what im saying but i just need help knowing how i can get money right now and what i can do to help my bf because if i cant help him soon i have to move back in with my abusive mother and im only getting over my eating disorder now. i dont know how to get a media job without going to uni but i need one, i dont know how to get a better paying job while at college but i need one. I need to be able to have decent regular money coming in right now and i dont know what to do, i cant think of anything that would actually work. Im sorry this is a rambling mess and there probably isnt any way to help and im not even sure what help im asking for but i need help. But thank you for reading. 

Comments

• AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 2,932 Boards Guru
    Hey, and welcome to the Mix! 😊

It might be worth just looking on different job sites for jobs in your area and seeing which ones you're eligible for and which suit around the time you have free from college.

You say you've only just got a job (congrats by the way!) so if you leave that one to find another one without sticking with them for a while first, that might look bad.

Are you claiming benefits? If you aren't and money is an issue, you may be eligible for some and they could help you financially.

You could also find ways to save little bits of money here and there, because it all adds up. Some things can be really simple, like eating in instead of eating out because it's cheaper; or buying things by card so you can track your spending on online banking because it's difficult to keep track of cash spending. You could keep like a journal or log of what you spend money on to get a grasp on what you're spending the most on and where you can make cuts.

Take care and let us know how you get on 😊
    "Do, or do not, there is no try" <(•.•)>