Homeโ€บ Introduce Yourself
Upcoming maintenance - the community will be undergoing maintenance at roughly 7pm - 8pm tonight (20th), and the discussion boards may be offline during that time. Group chat won't be affected.

Hi, my name is Sarah

206181094206181094 Posts: 2 Literally just got here
I would like to volunteer on Christmas day.
Jade09

Comments

• MikeMike Screen addict ๐ŸŽฎ LondonPosts: 2,900 Community Manager
    edited December 2019
    Welcome to the community Sarah!

It's amazing that you want to volunteer over Christmas - it's a really awesome thing to do. Do you mean volunteer for The Mix, or volunteer somewhere local to you like a homeless shelter?
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • 206181094206181094 Posts: 2 Literally just got here
    Volunteer somewhere in Folkestone. Not sure what to do for Christmas.
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 Posts: 4,258 The Mix Elder
    Hi Sarah.

Welcome to The Mix. Hopefully you will settle in well and enjoy this amazing website.

I think that it is amazing that you want to be able to volunteer. I volunteer at my local gymnastics club for 1 hour a week (might start doing 2 hours if I can speak to my manager after Christmas.)ย 

Have you ever thought of looking for volunteering opportunities on Indeed? You just add keywords of what you want to do (for example volunteering) and what area you live in. Here is the link in case you need it.ย https://www.indeed.co.uk/m?from=gnav-serp

If not, Salvation Army and Crisis at Christmas are always looking for more volunteers.ย 
    Everyone is special in their own way. We make each other strong (we make each other strong.) We're not the same. We're different in a good way. Together's where we belong. We're all in this together. Once we know. That we are. We're all stars. And we see that. We're all in this together. And it shows. When we stand. Hand in hand.ย Make our dreams come true.
  • ShaunieShaunie Iโ€™m alive but Iโ€™m dead England ๐Ÿ Posts: 11,253 An Original Mixlorian
    Heyy welcome
    Hope find some voluterring to do. Indeed is a good shout
    ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ฉ ๐๐จ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฆ๐š๐ค๐ž ๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ฉ๐ž๐จ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ, ๐š๐ฌ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ ๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ ๐ก ๐ฅ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ž๐ง๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฉ๐ž๐จ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐๐จ๐งโ€™๐ญ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ. ๐๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฉ๐ž๐จ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ซ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ. ๐’๐จ ๐›๐ž ๐ฎ๐ง๐š๐ฉ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ž๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฅ๐Ÿ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ซ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ฉ๐ž๐จ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐ค ๐š๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐. ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•
  • Jade09Jade09 EnglandPosts: 587 Moderator
    edited December 2019
    Hey Sarah!

Welcome to the mix, as others have mentioned volunteering is definitely a really good thing to do if you have the chance, especially around Christmas time!

The websiteย https://do-it.org/ย has some ace volunteering opportunities so may be worth taking a look at it. You just pop in your address of postcode and it will show you all available volunteering roles in your area.ย  :)

ย I hope that you find somewhere, do keep us updatedย  :)
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,935 Extreme Poster
    Welcome!
  • AzzimanAzziman The Mix convert Posts: 826 Part of The Mix Family
    Welcome!x