Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Weekly challenge #112

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Aife said:
    @Shaunie Yeah that's the lie! Still a bit true, it was Tescos I queued up at :P 
    What the heck! I cannot get over the fact that you were on TV when you were younger. My challenge today is to find which episode just for a good laugh. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    @Aife that is so sad ;)
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Just thought I would do an extra one:

1. I once stayed awake until 3:30am

2. I have moved house.

3. I drew the male and female reproductive system in my science book when I was 11.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Shaunie said:
    @Aife that is so sad ;)
    I do not understand how @Aife actually managed to stay awake in the queue. Must be very determined.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    @Kasa2103 I'm a true Harry Potter fan! 

Is your lie that you moved house? 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    1: broke my arm at work playing tag
    2: moved house 11 times
    3: had an in-depth conversation with Michael McIntyre
    Aife said:
    @Kasa2103 I'm a true Harry Potter fan! 

Is your lie that you moved house? 
    Awesome! One of my sisters loves Harry Potter as well. So does one of my friends.

Yeah you're right! I will try and photograph the drawings if that is not too crude.
    GreenTea said:
    1: broke my arm at work playing tag
    2: moved house 11 times
    3: had an in-depth conversation with Michael McIntyre
    The lie is the 2nd one?
    edited September 2019
    Nope I have moved house 11 times! 

Try again ;)
    GreenTea said:
    Nope I have moved house 11 times! 

Try again ;)
    Wow! The 3rd one is the lie?
    Yep it is.. I've met him but never had an in-depth conversation lol

I'm planning to move for a 12th time soon
    GreenTea said:
    Yep it is.. I've met him but never had an in-depth conversation lol

I'm planning to move for a 12th time soon
    Haha. That is cool that you have met him. How do you even afford to move that much?
    As a kid I didn't have a choice, it was down to my parents. As an adult, Ive moved around being a student and living in house shares
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    edited September 2019
    I work with special needs 
    I know BSL
    I burnt my hand making caramel 

@GreenTea 11 times wow !
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    I work with special needs 
    I know BSL
    I burnt my hand making caramel 

@GreenTea 11 times wow !
    The lie is that you burnt your hand making caramel
    GreenTea said:
    As a kid I didn't have a choice, it was down to my parents. As an adult, Ive moved around being a student and living in house shares
    Oh okay
    Okay another one from me!
    1. Fed a tiger shark
    2. Can swim
    3. Broke my wrist falling off a bike when I was in year 7/8
    GreenTea said:
    Okay another one from me!
    1. Fed a tiger shark
    2. Can swim
    3. Broke my wrist falling off a bike when I was in year 7/8
    The lie is the 1st one? If you did you would have probably been eaten. Sorry.
    Erm I have fed a tiger shark lol at an aquarium, they use long sticks with a clamp to hold the food for the shark and you stand at the edge of the tank and the shark takes it. 
    The sharks and sting rays are taught to come to the surface of the water when a blue ball is placed into the tank, meaning it feeding Time for them!

Try again ;)
    GreenTea said:
    Erm I have fed a tiger shark lol at an aquarium, they use long sticks with a clamp to hold the food for the shark and you stand at the edge of the tank and the shark takes it. 
    The sharks and sting rays are taught to come to the surface of the water when a blue ball is placed into the tank, meaning it feeding Time for them!

Try again ;)
    The lie is that you can swim?
    edited September 2019
    Mhmm
    I have huge fear of drowning, so I get really panicked in water. I can't swim because of it
    Nope I did burn my hand making caramel I still have the scar were it splashed onto my hand soo try again 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    edited September 2019
    @Aife said:

@Abigail I can't believe you haven't had dominos before! It's the best! Is your lie playing 2 instruments? 

I've never had dominos before. Honestly never had it in my life!
    When ever I order out it's always from a place by mine and when I'm away I get Papa John's. 

I do play 2 instruments piano and clarinet. 

The real lie is I play 3 instruments as I can sing and you play your vocal cords when you sing
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    Nope I did burn my hand making caramel I still have the scar were it splashed onto my hand soo try again 
    1st one?
    Kasa2103 said:
    1st one?
    @Kasa2103 Nope I do attucally work with special needs the Lie is BSL I only know the alphabet just about but I am slowly learning more ! 
    Hehe I Like this , lets do another 

1. I used to live on the coast 
    2. I’ve never been to a concert 
    3. I broke my collar bone when I was 8

2nd?
    Kasa2103 said:

2nd?
    Nope I went to young voices when I was In Year 5
    Kasa2103 said:

2nd?
    Cool. Is the lie the 3rd one then?
    Kasa2103 said:
    Kasa2103 said:

2nd?
    Cool. Is the lie the 3rd one then?
    Nope  I broke it quiet badly ! The lie is it used to live on the coast . I haven’t but I would love to love on the coast one day