Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hitting a low point and difficult week ☹️

Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
Hello ☹️

So I thought making a post would be smart seen as I’ve been really struggling this week and just guessed that might be able to get some advice 💓

My anxiety has been constant and quite bad this week, I’m not sure what triggered it apart from worrying about my health and other little things I worry about on a day to day basis. It’s strange though as it is usually only bad in certain situations and doesn’t usually happen randomly and for so long. I’m finding it so exhausting physically and mentally.

Today has been really tough, I’ve felt quite low while at college and having a lot of strong feelings which are hard to handle. It’s the first time I have felt suicidal since a few months ago (safe though) which shocked me a bit as I thought I was doing okay and didn’t think I would get to this place again. I have talked to staff at college about struggling again but it’s not easy, I want to talk but the anxiety takes over and I overthink that I’m burdening people etc. 

Trying to keep myself safe and resisting self harm is taking all my energy, and it’s not easy to do. Going to college and getting through the day is proving really difficult at the moment as well, as sometimes I just can’t pretend I am okay all the time. 

I’m feeling frustrated because I just want to recover, I want to get better but I’m doing it solo which I don’t think I can do. I’m waiting for my last chance for support, counselling with college but that isn’t organised yet so it’s a waiting game ☹️

Not really sure where this thread is going but it has helped to rant a bit, and put down in writing how I actually am at the minute 💗

Thank you in advance for the support and hugs to everyone! 

Butterfly x

Comments

• Options
    LibbyLibby Posts: 40 Boards Initiate
    Hey, 
    Sorry to hear that you're going through this. I understand what you're going through as I have felt similar feelings this week. In terms of your anxiety, my counsellor told me that you could breath in through the nose and out through the mouth and also hold your hand over your heart. This is because she says that when we feel anxiety, we normally leave ourselves behind if that makes sense? I've not tried this yet, but maybe it might help to bring relief whenever you feel anxiety?

I just want you to know that you're NOT burdening anyone. We all care about you and we want to support you whenever. I know that you want to recover and how frustrating it is to wait, but I believe that you're more then capeable of doing so. This is because you're opening up and that's one of the hardest things to do, so you should feel proud that you're doing that.
    I hope you have a better day today and remember to let us know how it goes xxx, 
    Sending hugs xxx❤
  • Options
    Han93Han93 Posts: 309 The Mix Regular
    Hey @Butterfly23

I'm so sorry to hear you're going through a tough time at the moment <3 I'm sending you so many hugs and I just want you to know that you WILL get through this!

I wanted to echo what Libby has said - you're NOT burdening anyone! You deserve to be supported and we will support you as much as we can on here <3

I think it's amazing that you have been going to college when you have been feeling this way - you should be really proud of yourself for that. But just remember sometimes if you need a break, a day off college, that's okay too!

There are some self-care tips here from the Mind website which might be useful: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/anxiety-and-panic-attacks/self-care-for-anxiety/#.XXu4vvZFxPY

How have you been feeling today?
  • Options
    Thank you @Libby I really appreciate your support, that technique for anxiety sounds really good I’ll definitely have to try that and hope it’s helps. 💓 

Again thank you @Han93 I’m really grateful for the support, and your kind words. I will have a look through them self care tips! 💗

I have struggled today again, I just can’t seem to lift my mood which I’m finding hard. I’m just going to try and relax tonight, going out tomorrow so that should pass time on 😴

Butterfly x
  • Options
    LibbyLibby Posts: 40 Boards Initiate
    edited September 2019
    Thank you @Libby I really appreciate your support, that technique for anxiety sounds really good I’ll definitely have to try that and hope it’s helps. 💓 

Again thank you @Han93 I’m really grateful for the support, and your kind words. I will have a look through them self care tips! 💗

I have struggled today again, I just can’t seem to lift my mood which I’m finding hard. I’m just going to try and relax tonight, going out tomorrow so that should pass time on 😴

Butterfly x
    That's annoying that today hasn't been good for you. Even though you're finding it hard to lift your mood, I think it's great that you're relaxing tonight and going out tomorrow because it means that you can distract yourself and not worry for a while. I agree with what Han93 said about having a day off college when needed. 
    Another thing which Han93 mentioned which  is really important is that it's great that you're going to college on top of everything you're going through. Even though you struggled to lift your mood, you should be proud of yourself for getting through today.
    Xxx❤

[Edited by Moderator]
  • Options
    AbiAbi Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
    @Libby I just edited your comment a bit so we can keep this thread supportive for Butterfly. I really hope thats okay <3

@Butterfly23 Sorry to read your going through such a tough time recently. Has anything helped recently to ground you and settle the thoughts for a little bit of time? 

I really hope tomorrow helps to keep the thoughts at ease. Keep us posted here, we really do care about you here at The Mix. 

<3
  • Options
    @Libby I quite enjoy college so I try and go in all the time, it’s a good distraction but sometimes it does get overwhelming ☹️ Thank you for the support, I hope that tomorrow is better 💓

Thank you @Abi in an answer to your question self care helps a lot, and just self soothing in general. Yeah I’ll be quite busy, and won’t be home until late afternoon so hopefully that’ll help a bit 💗
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    I hope going out today helps <3. Let us know how youre feeling today if would like. Hugs xx
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hope you are doing ok today. We are here for you. 
  • Options
    Thank you @Shaunie and @GreenTea 💗
  • Options
    How are you doing? 
    We are here for you!
  • Options
    Struggling a bit, but just taking things a day at a time💗 @GreenTea thank you! 
  • Options
    Taking things day at a time sounds like a good plan! Hope you feel better in the coming days! 
    Please reach out if you want support
    *Hugs*
  • Options
    Thank you so much! @GreenTea x
  • Options
    AbiAbi Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Butterfly23

I just wanted to check in to see how your doing after this week of studies? 

Keep reaching out here if we can do anything to help even if it's just to be a listening ear we are here for you

<3
  • Options
    Thank you @Abi this week has actually been quite good, doing well with coursework and I can say that I have enjoyed it. MH wise I’ve been pretty okay also so that’s good! 😊