Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Drink

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,960 Community Veteran
I got invited out drinking that wen I got bullied n it turned into me getting raped, now I drink to cover it up. How do I conquer it. To stop drinking at a young age ppl don't know I use alcohol
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Hey :)

I think it'd really help if you saw a counsellor/therapist about this. It sounds like you're using alcohol to cope with it, but kicking the can down the road doesn't work forever. It'll be difficult for sure, but be brave - you can do thisx

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,305 Part of The Furniture
    Beautifully put @Azziman. :)

Conquering any kind of dependency or addiction is something that takes a lot of work, and it's always best to try and work on these things with the help of professionals if you can.

Have you ever told a doctor or a counsellor about this @ellie2000? And if not, is it something you would consider?

It's understandable to develop a vice after something traumatic. It's not your fault, and it's brilliant that you're thinking about ways to make yourself healthier. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,960 Community Veteran
    Therapy is nearly done with. Wen its coming to an end why do they space it out. Wen tht hpns I don't do so well
    Crazy mad insane
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,960 Community Veteran
    Do I have to go' on a waiting list if I ask for more
    Crazy mad insane
  • Mia_mooMia_moo Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    I'm not really sure how it all works, but maybe if you ask and express your concerns about how you feel they can roll it over. Maybe give them a call and ask? If not maybe they can put you on a waiting list now so that when your therapy ends there's not such a long gap in between. I am sure it will fall into place, try and keep up your hope ❤️