Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Feeling Sad

Comments

• Options
    Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    I'm glad that you find here supportive and helpful, what did the GP say? I know its difficult when they aren't helpful  <3
  • Options
    animallover20animallover20 Deactivated Posts: 35 Boards Initiate
    Just said can’t help you 
  • Options
    I’m sorry that they said that, have you managed to speak to any family or friends about how you feel? 💗
  • Options
    I have no family or friends around 
  • Options
    Or charities/other organisations. Kooth is really good if you feel you need counselling? 💗
  • Options
    I think you have to pay?
    thanks

• Options
    For kooth? No I use it and it’s completely free. You just need to have a chat with one of the counsellors and they should pair you with someone who will work with you💗
  • Options
    Yep for kooth send me link please 
  • Options
    Heres the link 💗https://www.kooth.com/
  • Options
    Still so sad about going to college from 9 am-1:53 pm tomorrow and no support there at the moment 
  • Options
    I’m at college again but still feeling very upset and sad and shaking 
  • Options
    You know kooth it’s only available from 12 pm—10 pm when I go on there and chat to a counsellor do they pair me with someone who will work with me for ongoing support via online?
  • Options
    Kooth is helpful 
  • Options
    Glad it’s helpful, yeah they will. I know it share that they only open certain hours but it’s better than nothing 💗 they’ll work around your schedule 
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @animallover20 just dropped by to say I'm sorry you were sad at college today but glad Kooth is being helpful. I sometimes get sad and don't have a specific reason for it too. Think it's pretty normal <3 

I try and distract myself as much as possible by watching videos of dogs or funny things on Youtube... Know it sounds basic but does work for me. Do you think you could do anything like that while at college to try and lift your mood when you start getting sad?
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    Not while at college not allowed 
  • Options
    Hey,

You say you aren't allowed to watch videos or listen to music while at college, do you think it would be possible to speak to someone to maybe allow you too if you explain your situation and how you are feeling?  <3

I hope you are feeling a bit better today!
  • Options
    dogmad20dogmad20 Posts: 152 Helping Hand
    @Butterfly23 nope and no better 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    edited August 2019
    How can we support you?want to vent or?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Want to vent 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    Ok. Listening...
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Just upset at the moment unsure why 
  • Options
    I think if you could identify why you are upset it would help you a lot, what do you think? 💗
  • Options
    Yep I do think that would help  but I have  no idea 
  • Options
    Maybe keep a journal and write down when you feel sad and see if you can notice any patterns? 💗
  • Options
    Yep that’s a good idea it’s mainly at college and when meeting people I haven’t met before 
  • Options
    Yeah 
  • Options
    Hi 
    i feel better day had a good half  day at work experience and was very happy 
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,795 Master Poster
    dogmad20 said:
    Hi 
    i feel better day had a good half  day at work experience and was very happy 
    I am so glad to hear that you had a better day today. You absolutely deserve that and I only want to hear positive things about you. I am a also glad to hear that you were very happy. It sounds like this was a very impressive target for you to reach. I am so proud of you. Even having half a day of work experience is amazing hearing what you have been through.

Stay strong, inspiring, awesome and you 😊❤
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Feeling upset again