Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Feeling Sad

animallover20animallover20 Deactivated Posts: 35 Boards Initiate
Hi,

I have been feeling sad and crying at college so thought I would join  the forum  so I can chat to other people.

Comments

• Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Hello! and welcome to the community, I’m really glad that you have joined the mix, and I hope you gain some support here 💗

We are always here in the boards, there is also a 1-2-1 chat service, that can help you to find services near you and group chats (support and general) running from Sunday to Thursday 8-9:30pm where you can seek support in a group or go for a general chat and distraction! 

Im sorry to here that you have been sad and it seems like you are feeling quite down. Would you like to talk more about that, and is there anyone else who you have spoke to about this?💗

Butterfly x
  • animallover20animallover20 Deactivated Posts: 35 Boards Initiate
    Hi Thanks 
    it has never happened before so really weird yep can talk more about it and only my tutor
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey welcome to community :)
    You're doing really well to seek help <3 on here and from you tutor - hope your tutor helps.  sounds really difficult to be feeling so sad and crying a lot. Is it college that makes you sad, something else or you don't really know?

we will be here to listen always & we all really care about each other here so I hope we can support you in best way we can <3

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Thanks so much seems like a very supportive community it seems to be college as only happens at college but don't really know. Thanks
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey there @animallover20 just wanted to echo what other users have been saying that we all try to be as supportive as possible on here, anything you need to talk about there's always people who are happy to listen. :)

You mentioned that your low feelings only really happen when you're at college, is there anything particular about being at college that upsets you or stresses you out? Even if you're not sure what the cause of your feelings are it's good that you're able to tell when it happens.

You also said that you're really only able to talk to your tutor about this, have you already spoken with them about it? They're probably in a better position to support you since they know you personally but as I said you're always welcome to talk about your problems on here.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @animallover20 and welcome :smile: we are all here for you!

Echoing everybody else, just wanted to send hugs and say I'm sorry to hear you have been upset and feeling tearful. Really glad you have been able to speak to your tutor about it. It's been a few days since you have posted, are you feeling any better today?

<3

Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    nope I'm back in college today and thanks all but still feel sad and really tearful today 
    nope I  don't know why it is 
    I wanted to talk on here  haven't spoke to my tutor yet 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Bit of a belated welcome! :)

I can really relate, I felt the same the first year I had at college. 
     You say you don't know why it is,  is it just college this happens?

You could maybe try and think about what happened before or during these crying fits, is something happening? What are you thinking during it? 

Could it be the workload? The people?  Etc. 

Best wishes x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Yes just college it happens.
    Nothing happening just feeling sad and tearful.
    not thinking much.
    no the course and workload are fine and the people are fine
    so don’t get it 
    That sounds confusing to why feeling sad at college. Maybe it's from something you haven't noticed is causing it yet. & sometimes speaking to through can help or just speaking about how feel even if aint any reason can help. & we are here. Do you have a college counsellor ?

we will all be listening if wanna share more <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Yes there is a college counsellor but closed now as summer so I still go during summer but could look at seeing them in September  so no support right now 
    Oh I see. Have you thought about going to see your gp to see if they'd be able to offer any support? Do you think you'd feel better now you're off college for a bit?
    Been to gp but they are not helpful.
    im not off college I still go during summer but no other students apart from people on my  course and no support right now 
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey again @animallover20 sorry to hear that you're still struggling at the moment, especially since you mentioned that you don't have any support right now. Hopefully talking about your problems here on the boards helps a little.

You also said that you've been to the GP but they weren't very helpful, is there any particular reason why you didn't find them helpful? Even if just talking to them didn't help much there are a lot options that your GP should be able to refer you to such as NHS counselling or other forms of therapy. Talking through your problems with a professional is a great way to try and figure out how you're feeling and why so it's something to keep in mind for the future. :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Because gp didn’t give me any Options or refer me so no help 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Hey animallover :) How are you feeling today? Have you looked into any charities to get some help over the summer period? <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Fine as weekend can’t find any 
    I’m feeling sad about college on Wednesday 
    Sad again 
  • mags98mags98 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Hi @animallover20

Sorry to hear you're feeling sad again, sending you hugs  <3

Do you fancy talking about it or would you prefer your mind being taken off it? 
    I can  talk about it 
    Still sad 
    edited July 2019
    Hugs. <3
    What's making you feel sad ?
    Just college and unsure why never happened before so werid  and feel sad today about going to college tomorrow 
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey, @animallover20

Sending hugs, what's worrying you about college? Is there anyone you could talk to at college about this?

We are here for you, so it's very positive that you're reaching out for support. We care about you :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

I have no idea  what it is  and not till September as it’s summer now no one to support me but my course runs though summer holidays 
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey,

I understand it can be hard when you feel you haven't any support, as you are off college. What help do you think would be most beneficial to you?  :)

I do think that going to see your GP may be a good option, also in some areas there are like activity centres that you can go to which can be quite helpful, so maybe something to look into?  <3

Keep talking to us,

Butterfly x
    Gp didn’t help 
    I still go to college but must students off so no support?
    this is supportive