Home Articles
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

UK emergency numbers

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited July 2019 in Articles

imageUK emergency numbers

Been mugged or had your home broken into? Should you call 999? The Mix talks you through when to call the emergency services.

Read the full story here

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• darusdarus Posts: 1 Just got here
    How to contact police in UK directly from abroad couse I got online monitoring and when I see for example burglary in to my property while I am on holiday?
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Ohhh I thought it was 112 for emergency services, well I'm dumb
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 612 Incredible Poster

Hi @darus

The article states that “Call 112 if you’re not in the UK and you’ll be put through to the appropriate emergency service in exactly the same way as if you had called 999. Available everywhere in the EU, as well as certain countries outside the EU, such as Switzerland and South Africa, 112 is a standardised number that’s worth remembering if you’re travelling abroad.”

It’s uncertain whether calling 112 abroad will allow the police to pass the message on to UK police. However, you might want to check out this https://www.police.uk/contact/#alternative-numbers as it may be possible to report certain crimes online.

Take care!

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.