Actually Changing The World...
I wanted to swing by to tell you that over here at @The Mix we have been blown away by this groups passion and drive to make a difference in the world. This forum is only 2 months old and already through it you have had a real impact. In the past 2 months your ideas and opinions have
- ensured young people will be able to feed into government policy in the future
- shaped some of the decisions big social media platforms like Instagram are going to make about young peoples well-being online.
- informed The Mix's priorities for the next year,
- shaped the type of support The Mix are going to offer to young carers.
- and among yourselves started vital conversations and petitions to create change in your world
Please take a moment to breathe that in. That is a massive amount of influence in just two months. The ongoing impact of you taking part here will reach far beyond what you can imagine right now.
Make sure you check in on the posts you took part in for more specific feedback on how you have made a difference in those areas. If the feedback isn't there just yet it will be very soon.
Keep an eye out for our next discussion, where we will be asking you for your thoughts on a specific policy the Government is looking at right now about Online Harms - or keeping people safe on the internet. I'll link it here when its live.
Also feel free to put in any comments or suggestions or just general feedback you have for us about this forum, so we can make sure it keeps working for you.
Keep being wonderful,
who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their
stories are the real badasses.”
- Brene Brown