Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hi, my name is littlegemz!

littlegemzlittlegemz Posts: 52 Boards Initiate
edited March 2019 in Introduce Yourself
So today I thought I would try a drug. Mainly to loose weight and also give me some bloody energy as lately I have been anxious and depressed and unable to focus on housework. Did a small amount at about 12 this afternoon.....decided I loved it and put in an order for enough to see me through the next week. About an hour ago as the other stuff was wearing off I decided to take more. Now I have pins and needles everywhere and shaking. Is this a common thing? If so any hints to help it pass. 

[edited by moderator]
Post edited by Aife on

Comments

• AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Welcome!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Heyy bud <3

I'm afraid I don't know if this is common or not. If you're unsure, perhaps you could call NHS 111, maybe?

I'm sorry you've been anxious and depressed, that's really not fun :pensive: If there's anything you want to talk about, feel free to start a thread in Health & Wellbeing x

You're probs aware of this (and this isn't at all critical!), but all the same - I'd advise you don't take anymore 'cause it could easily lead to more problems. If you're not doing so already, I think it may help to talk to a doctor about what you're going through? It's all your choice - but remember there's support available.

Best wishes <3
  • littlegemzlittlegemz Posts: 52 Boards Initiate
    God the way i feel now i am too scared to ever do it again. My heart is racing and I feel sick. Friend just popped in to see me and make sure I am ok and is gone again now I will bang on his door if I get worse. The only good thing is I haven't eaten which is usually a huge thing for me as I eat through boredom and comfort eat . Feel really sick but I know nothing will come up if I try. Guys if you are reading this and in the same position as me don't take it. It's not good.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Heyy

welcome

i havent taken speed myself but know someone who did who said felt sick and fast heart which did go eventually. But everyones different so if you feel need help. Maybe ring 111. 

I wont tell you what do to as your chioce and al that. But i really hope you wont be taking it again or anymore as its addictive and can make things sooo much worse after coming down from it can make feel so sad and stuff. Feels like it helps at start but it doesnt in long term

take care
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    edited March 2019
    Thanks. I hope it does pass soon it's been going for hours and what started to be a nice feeling has turned to a scarey situation. I am going to try and make myself feel better and hopefully this will help get rid of what's inside 

[edited by moderator]
    Post edited by Aife on
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    edited March 2019
    Hey @littlegemz

I've just sent you a PM to check in with you privately, but I also wanted to post here too and echo what Kathleen and Shaunie have both said and to contact emergency services on 999 if you're feeling unsafe or worried about the effects this drug is having on you. It sounds like you're feeling really scared and we're not medical experts here, so reaching to them can help you get you the support you might need.

I've also listed below some other organisations you can reach out to if you're ever feeling unsafe: 
    • Crisis Messenger are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text 'THEMIX' to 85258 and talk to them about anything, you don't have to be in crisis. 
    • Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123. 

I really hope you feel better soon and well done for reaching out here. I have edited bits of your posts to keep things safe for other reads (check our guidelines here) but remember support is always just a call or text away <3

Take care,

Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Just to keep you updated after a long long day I finally feel normal again. Had a visit from the police that was quite embarrassing felt like a fool explaining how I felt about my body and that I had to resort to this drastic action in persute of the beautiful body. I can now honestly say that it is not worth it. Flushed the rest down the sink and I live to fight another day.  
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    I'm super glad you feel normal again now @littlegemz. Sorry to hear about the visit from the police though <3
    Thanks hun I still feel the crappy come down and am going to do some hypnotherapy now I have had my wheetabix and hopefully get some shut eye x
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey @littlegemz

I'm really glad to hear you're feeling back to normal again. Hope you're feeling okay after the police visiting, remember we're all here for you anytime you want to talk about anything <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤