Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Would you be able to love someone who doesn't love you as much?

NekolovesteaNekolovestea Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
edited February 2019 in Sex & Relationships
Do you think a relationship can work out in this situation is actually more my question. Because I think it can, what do you think ? 
“You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two.” 
-Hayao Miyazaki
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,493 Skive's The Limit
    I personally don't think so. 

That is like working in a place - that is low pay -- when there is another job out there, that you don't know about but would enjoy so much better and has better pay. 
    (Sorry for my bad analogy) hope makes sense what saying lol

- basically meaning deserve to get more than what you're getting in return and relationships should have some balance and deserve to have someone who returns in the same/similar way. But also depends on how obvious it is. And if its that obvious that it is so imbalance than I personally don't think it would work. And would feel unsatisfied both sides

And for the other person may even up feeling like they could find someone they love more - like the way you love them. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,493 Skive's The Limit
    &probably just a frustating and disappointing situation 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    Personally, I don't think so. I would constantly second guess their commitment to me. 
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Relationships need to be reciprocal over the long-term. It might be possible, but it'd be so difficult that it'd be unlikely to last with any kind of challenge over commitment. 
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    peachysoopeachysoo Posts: 151 Helping Hand
    Personally, probably not. I think it depends on the extent that they love you: if they still love you a lot, but not necessarily as much, then I don't think there's as much an issue, whereas if they just flat-out were half-hearted in the relationship, I wouldn't think it would be healthy and/or sustainable long-term. I personally need to feel very loved and reassured, but I think that's because I'm not currently at a stage where I comfortably love myself enough. I think, if a person is more self-assured and comfortable with themselves and self-confident, they would cope better with a difference. That said, they're still human and I don't doubt that it could, and would, be difficult at least some of the time knowing the difference. But if the difference in love is only slight, I think you could persevere if the relationship is worth it.
    -peachysoo
  • Options
    NekolovesteaNekolovestea Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
    @peachysoo

I completly agree with you !
    “You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two.” 
    -Hayao Miyazaki