Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hi I'm Rosie!

Ru12Ru12 Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
Hi I'm Rosie and I'm 19,
I've joined the mix for a few reasons.

Firstly, my first love broke up with me about 4 weeks ago now and I'm struggling with some negative emotions. I'm definitely more positive than I was a few weeks back but I still feel the same amount of pain. We were together for about 2 years and during that time I was his rock and he was mine. We travelled together, lived and worked together for 5 months and spent lots of time together at home. I love him very much and we had an amazing relationship. We didn't argue and we fully supported each other in everything so him breaking up with me came as a huge shock. I think I mostly want a space where I can share my feelings because I don't want to burden my friends and family with them so I'm feeling quite lonely.

The second reason I'm here is because my ex broke up with me due to him being extremely unhappy as he struggles with emotions left from past trauma and confusion about what to do with his future. I would really appreciate some advice on how to help him. 

Lastly I would love to get involved with volunteering to help young people with issues they're facing. I want to learn how to help people effectively and how to give the right advice and just generally educate myself about different conditions so I can be more understanding.  

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hello Rosie. Welcome to the board. I'm Mandy. Hope you enjoy it here.
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Hey Rosie, Welcome to the boards! :) I'm sorry your relationship broke down, but we're always here for you :) <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Welcome

if you post in on of the topics like sex and relationship maybe able to get more advice from there. 

Though im sorry to hear about your break up, can feel really lonely so hope we can help in some way
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Hi Rosie,

Welcome!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Hi Rosie, Welcome to the Mix :) 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • Options
    RhysRhys Posts: 288 The Mix Regular
    Welcome to the boards, hope you find everything your looking for :)

On the volunteer front <this page> shows what we're recruiting for regarding volunteering; Not saying you have to volunteer with us, but may give some info either way.

We also have an article on volunteering <here> which gives general information (not sure how up-to-date it is).
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Bernard M. Baruch
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Hi Rosie,
    Welcome to the mix - were all here if you need us  =)
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.