Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I'm alive and as well as I can be.

LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
edited December 2020 in Health & Wellbeing
Hey guys I didn't want to use ranty thread to update Floxy on myself so I decided to post it here :)

@Floxy

First off I really want to thank you for spending last night talking to me in my time of need I'm extremely grateful from the bottom of my heart and for Sophie too <3

I'm back home now in my own bed spent the night in on some good painkillers 👌😂 and had some tests for my Endo while I was at it. 

I'm riddled with scar tissue which is what they think is causing it.

I've been discharged with some lovely codeine ❤
 and the news I may not be able to carry a child, of course many people with Endo can go on to and they'll never be quite sure of the damage unless I try to conceive but my odds aren't great and if I go on to I will likely miscarry.

The good news is it's not looking like appendicitis and I can go about my life freely now
Super many thanks again Floxy! 

And thanks to @independent_

And @Shaunie
For the Kind words and checking in,  

I really hope you're doing okay Shaunie I'm here for you we all are <3

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
Post edited by Laine on

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Dear @Laine I'm so relieved to read your latest news, though watch that codeine as it can be addictive.

Oh, a Laparoscopy. You poor dear, I heard what that's like from aunty Fiona. :/  Great though you're back in your own bed, far away from noisy hospital and staff buzzing around like blue arsed flies! NHS hospital managers put so much work on their nurses it's amazing they get through their 12 hour shift!

Making memes is gonna be fun! :joy:

Aunty discovered Sophie will be 16 in October. While it explains her maturity, what is perplexing is how her origiginal birth certificate was found in the far recess of the safe, but we are organising a super birthday celebration for her. Hopefully getting one of her favourite singers or a band to do a concert. They can be contracted privately. Soph sends her love, is presently making yummy cereal bars. Our kids are out in the garden, hopefully no more frogs.

Find us a frog meme, Laine! :joy:-1: 

Wishing you get well and comfy again, you're constantly in our thoughts. Do forget, keep asking for support here, ok? Reach out whenever you need. We'll be here for you like all your loving forum friends.

<3

Mandy
  • Options
    End frog fatshaming!!  😂

I am cautious with the codeine I've had before and it's been fine I'm vigilant :)

It was surprisingly quiet as it was our local hospital not A and E just the night staff and a few old people on the ward it was rather quiet and the nurses were super lovely :)

I had some breakfast this morning (not hospital food me grandad brought me some sandwiches 😂) and I was discharged.

You've gotta love cereal bars 😍 they're great especially cornflake owns with some strawberry pieces and a yogurt coating on the bottom :)

Must be a rubbish feeling missing out on all them birthdays although I'm sure this mega celebration will make up for it :) 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    Aw Nice to hear from you @Laine and your update! Please take care of yourself and remeber youre not alone and all here for you aswell <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Glad you're as okay as can be  <3 take care of yourself yeahh? 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    I will bubbles I'm resting up in bed and while the rest of my family may be a little shite I do have one of my brothers to count on 👌 the tower is always sleeping 😂 x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Hiya @Laine
    Before I head off for sleepybyes, I'm just checking in to see how you are. :)
  • Options
    Floxy said:
    Hiya @Laine
    Before I head off for sleepybyes, I'm just checking in to see how you are. :)
    Thanks Floxy I'm doing well :)

Got a phone call earlier about my test results which have confirmed my scar tissue is real bad and my fertility may be badly affected, I'm not in too much pain drinking some decaff tea and I'm off to sleep too just relaxing in bed with Netflix on :) hope you sleep well x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Aww, I'm sorry the test results weren't good - 10 x hugs to you, @Laine and let's hope for a better brighter day for you tomorrow.

Nighty night,
    Sleep snugged. :)

• Options
    Update guys! 

I'm hopped up on muscle relaxers and antibiotics, got a bunch of tests next week to access my Endo but i'm good definitely not bad getting better and novel I can't stop being so down bleh and jumping in and out of chat 😂

Much love and thanks to everyone who was so caring 💕

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Hi @Laine

I'm relieved that you're getting better, but antibiotics can take toll on our digestive system, so what I'd recommend is putting some natural flora back into you in having a daily yakult. I can't give you a link as that would be seen as spamming, but google it up. You can buy the stuff in most supermarkets and it will aid your digestion where antibiotics can be so vicious.

Please even update us daily on your thread if it helps. I'm always going to be here for you and all your friends will want to.

Have a pleasant evening, if poss ((HUGS))

Mandy
  • Options
    Thanks Floxy,  

I'm good with the antibiotics but i'm not taking the muscle relaxers and people are trying to encourage me to 😂
    I don't like taking new medications in case I have an allergic reaction and also I might have a UTI and not sure about taking them alongside it.

Other than not taking my medicine I'm okay,  don't feel like eating tea just lying in bed watching TV :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Hey @Laine you can always phone NHS 111 if you have a medical worry and speak to a fully trained adviser. That's what I did recently when concerned my 2 heart meds might inter-react. (but thankfully they didn't).

I don't blame you for not taking muscle relaxers, but I think you should tell your doctor so they know. They can't force you, and you have a valid point.

However,

• Options
    I definitely agree Floxy!  Got some chocolate bourbons and a cuppa :)

I'll wait till my test results come back 111 aren't good to ring about meds they just send me to A and E all the time x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Well, you deserve some attention from your doctor so I hope your test results are promising. Usually, if you phone the surgery after 11 AM they should have your results. If nothing has come in, then ask the stonewaller receptionist to book a telephone consultation with your doctor since the upweekend won't give you results til next Tuesday as you'll have a bank holiday.

Your doctor should call the hospital and get your test results from there, then phone you later. That's what mine did. Sometimes you have to poke 'em a bit. :p 
  • Options
    Thanks Floxy didn't think about that :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    Hope you’re taking good care of yourself aswell Laine. Sounds like a lot. Hope get some rest <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I'm trying the best i can to take it easy thanks :)
    It's off and on but Pain is dying down, will know it's cause next week just can't wait until Tuesday for my test results so I can start taking my muscle relaxers haha x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    I'm in the least amount of pain I've been all week which is positive 😁

However, taking it easy is not something I've been doing today 🤐
    Oops 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Hey guys didn't want to hog ranty thread so gonna just update here again :)

I'm still not taking it easy 😉 I have found myself sleeping in until 10 the past few mornings despite going to bed early which sucks I'm just overtired and weirdly drained oops

I've got an appointment tomorrow to discuss getting a higher dose of muscle relaxers, and anything else to prepare me for college and early mornings *shudders* 
    May need to think about whether the implant is something I can continue to use with my pain but I really don't want owt else as its really effective :(

My fertility has definitely been affected but we won't how bad or if I'm infertile unless I one day take the test I'm refusing haha 

Just don't want to be so tired all the time but I'm sure I'll get there x 
    Thanks for the support everyone ❤

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Laine said:
    Hey guys didn't want to hog ranty thread so gonna just update here again :)

I'm still not taking it easy 😉 I have found myself sleeping in until 10 the past few mornings despite going to bed early which sucks I'm just overtired and weirdly drained oops

I've got an appointment tomorrow to discuss getting a higher dose of muscle relaxers, and anything else to prepare me for college and early mornings *shudders* 
    May need to think about whether the implant is something I can continue to use with my pain but I really don't want owt else as its really effective :(

My fertility has definitely been affected but we won't how bad or if I'm infertile unless I one day take the test I'm refusing haha 

Just don't want to be so tired all the time but I'm sure I'll get there x 
    Thanks for the support everyone ❤
    Hey @Laine
    Like my ex who suffered pain, I also use a trans-dermal pain patch. It's very good at controlling body pain through minute doses. Mine lasts a convenient 7 days.
    Your sleep pattern sounds out of whack. Our body clocks can get messed when we're not waking at regular times, eg. being on holiday and dreading when we have to return to work, school or college. Recently I read a very good sleep tip from www.slate.com for Quora.
    "If you use an alarm clock to get you up in the morning, that is a telltale sign that you are not getting enough sleep. The fact that you rely on an alarm clock to wake you up every day shows that your body is not rested enough to wake naturally.

A simple test you can use to determine if you’re getting enough sleep is to go to bed fifteen minutes earlier that you normally would. See if you still need an alarm clock to wake up. If you do, try going to bed another fifteen minutes earlier. Continue in this manner until you reach a point where you wake up naturally in the morning without an alarm clock. That’s how many hours of sleep you need each night."
    I tried it. Bar a couple of sleepless nights when I'd forgotten my painkillers, after a few days experimenting the above, I slept like a baby and woke without needing the alarm. I feel much better now, so that experiment actually worked. Perhaps this is something you could try?  :)
    No worries about 'hogging the rants'. I do. :p In fact, think everyone should should feel free to use the rants thread as much as they need. Don't bottle it, share it!
    - Good luck with your appointment tomorrow!

• Options
    Thanks Floxy!  I'm not using Any alarm clocks at the moment just sleeping at earlier times every night but still not doing much i'm just really fatigued and most importantly don't have the energy to get out of bed oops haha

I've got ibuprofen gel but I really shouldn't be taking ibuprofen so that's sadly not good x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Laine said:
    Thanks Floxy!  I'm not using Any alarm clocks at the moment just sleeping at earlier times every night but still not doing much i'm just really fatigued and most importantly don't have the energy to get out of bed oops haha

I've got ibuprofen gel but I really shouldn't be taking ibuprofen so that's sadly not good x
    Ohh you! =) If you're sensitive to ibuprofen, then it's best not to take it or you'll only aggravate your intolerance. Isn't there some other painkiller you can take? What about Co-codamol?
    In Mallorca or mainlaind Spain, many take afternoon siesta. But I've a better way to induce sleep: do accounts! :joy:

Arrgh the Gap Gremlin is back :p

• Options
    I'm under advice not to use it with my reflux and endo but rebel 😂 when it wears off I'll take some Co-codamol 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Oh good! Co-codamol slips down easier with a cuppa tea, @Laine

Do you take sugar? I'm not allowed it, but use sweetener.

• Options
    I don't have sugar anymore I cut it out as much as possible, I drink my tea unsweetened and any fizzy pop I get is sugar free the occasional chocolate bar is what gets me 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈