We’d love to ask you a few questions about your preferences when it comes to services and your experience with them. This will help us when it comes to shaping what our support looks like in the future. Please take our short survey for your chance to win a £50 Amazon voucher.

Doing a second Undergrad degree

AuroraAurora Part of the furniturePosts: 11,713 Part of the furniture
Hey guys, I'm thinking off doing a second Undergrad degree (Nursing or Occupational Health) but I've already done one in Psychology, I'm just wondering financially what support I will recieve? I'm planning on studying from home. I could also do with advice on how to apply and so forth, as when I've applied previously, I had the support of my college, where as this time, I don't. 

Nursing is a passion for me, I work in health care at the moment, I love what my job entails, however, I'm not really enjoying where I'm working at the moment, and I'm kinda hit a rock with psychology as I don't know what to do with it. It's a pretty pointless degree unless you do a masters afterwards. 



  • MaisyMaisy CymruPosts: 174 The Mix convert
    Sorry you haven't received any replies yet!

    Some undergraduate degrees in nursing or health care may be funded by the NHS or will be eligible for a bursary from the NHS. You'll have to check with the university to see if your course is eligible and what funding you can receive. 

    That said, since you mention it will be a second undergrad degree, I assume you previously completed a three year degree? If thats so, you may get limited financial help. You can check out this link for more information: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies

    As for applying, I imagine you'd still be going through UCAS, so it's worth checking out their website for application deadlines and such. You'll still need to do a personal statement, but you'll also need to get a reference. Some help with references can be found here: https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/how-get-ucas-undergraduate-reference

    On the flip side, if you want careers advice, whether to figure out what you can do with a psychology degree or if you have questions on funding a second degree, you can always contact the National Careers Service https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/  or check out Prospects https://www.prospects.ac.uk/

    Best of luck for the future :) 

Sign In or Register to comment.