Home Travel & Free Time
Ongoing maintenance - the boards are undergoing some ongoing, intermittent maintenance. Pages might load slightly slower than usual and there may be very short periods where the boards are offline.

Weekly challenge #52

GretaGreta London, UK Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
edited June 2018 in Travel & Free Time

“Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.” – Walt Whitman

Hey everyone,

This week's challenge is to post your favourite quote!

For this challenge we’re asking you to share a quote that you love – it can be a funny quote from your favourite TV show or an inspirational quote that motivates you. Whatever it is, share it with us here!

Don't forget to vote on next week's challenge ideas below and if you're interested in getting involved in some of the fun things we have going on at The Mix such as suggesting a weekly challenge idea, submitting something for the newsletter or hosting a general chat, let us know over on this form.

Have a Happy Monday!
Greta

Weekly challenge #52 1 vote

Up close photo challenge
0%
Bucket list challenge
100%
Shaunie 1 vote

Comments

• ShaunieShaunie I’m alive but I’m dead England 🏠Posts: 11,265 An Original Mixlorian
    edited June 2018
    Bucket list challenge
    Um i dunno. 

“ Always Be kind”. - v wordy so Maybe that why it seems to be one, few people have not heard before ;) either that or they dont understand the meaning ;) 

i also like “ if you want others to be happy,practice compassion, if you want to be happy, practice compassion”
    𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐧’𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐒𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝. 💕💕
    Greta
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 3,535 Community Veteran
    "mosaics are made from broken pieces but they're still works of art, and so are you" Can't remember who said it but i saw it and it just kinda stuck and also this one, its kinda long so bear with me haha

"I want you to know that you can do anything you fucking want with your life, Don't let anyone tell you different. And i wanna let you know it doesn't matter how bad things are right fucking now, they will get better. Don't let anybody beat you down so hard that you would take your life. You live your life and you stick your middle finger up and you say ' i'm gonna live'" - Kellin Quinn :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Greta
  • ShaunieShaunie I’m alive but I’m dead England 🏠Posts: 11,265 An Original Mixlorian
    edited June 2018
    Bucket list challenge
    "mosaics are made from broken pieces but they're still works of art, and so are you" Can't remember who said it but i saw it and it just kinda stuck and also this one, its kinda long so bear with me haha

"I want you to know that you can do anything you fucking want with your life, Don't let anyone tell you different. And i wanna let you know it doesn't matter how bad things are right fucking now, they will get better. Don't let anybody beat you down so hard that you would take your life. You live your life and you stick your middle finger up and you say ' i'm gonna live'" - Kellin Quinn :)
    Theyre nice quotes. :) Minus the swearing though , ah
    𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐧’𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐒𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝. 💕💕
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 3,535 Community Veteran
    Thanks @Shaunie i love your quotes too! i did think about cutting out the swearing but then it wouldn't be a true quote lol 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Shaunie
  • GretaGreta London, UK Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
    @Shaunie and @BubblesGoesBoo Thanks for sharing those quotes! Those are all really good reminders to be kind to others and to stay strong even when things might be difficult :)