We really want to hear your thoughts on our services to help us improve. For the chance to win a £200 Amazon voucher take our annual survey.

Weekly challenge #52

GretaGreta London, UK Posts: 29 Cool Newbie
edited June 11 in Travel & Free Time

“Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.” – Walt Whitman

Hey everyone,

This week's challenge is to post your favourite quote!

For this challenge we’re asking you to share a quote that you love – it can be a funny quote from your favourite TV show or an inspirational quote that motivates you. Whatever it is, share it with us here!

Don't forget to vote on next week's challenge ideas below and if you're interested in getting involved in some of the fun things we have going on at The Mix such as suggesting a weekly challenge idea, submitting something for the newsletter or hosting a general chat, let us know over on this form.

Have a Happy Monday!
Greta

Weekly challenge #52 1 vote

Up close photo challenge
0%
Bucket list challenge
100%
Shaunie 1 vote

Comments

• ShaunieShaunie EnglandPosts: 1,673 Postholic
    edited June 12
    Bucket list challenge
    Um i dunno. 

“ Always Be kind”. - v wordy so Maybe that why it seems to be one, few people have not heard before ;) either that or they dont understand the meaning ;) 

i also like “ if you want others to be happy,practice compassion, if you want to be happy, practice compassion”
    “If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us face, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.” ~ Marvin J Ashton
    Greta
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 1,654 Postholic
    "mosaics are made from broken pieces but they're still works of art, and so are you" Can't remember who said it but i saw it and it just kinda stuck and also this one, its kinda long so bear with me haha

"I want you to know that you can do anything you fucking want with your life, Don't let anyone tell you different. And i wanna let you know it doesn't matter how bad things are right fucking now, they will get better. Don't let anybody beat you down so hard that you would take your life. You live your life and you stick your middle finger up and you say ' i'm gonna live'" - Kellin Quinn :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Greta
  • ShaunieShaunie EnglandPosts: 1,673 Postholic
    edited June 12
    Bucket list challenge
    "mosaics are made from broken pieces but they're still works of art, and so are you" Can't remember who said it but i saw it and it just kinda stuck and also this one, its kinda long so bear with me haha

"I want you to know that you can do anything you fucking want with your life, Don't let anyone tell you different. And i wanna let you know it doesn't matter how bad things are right fucking now, they will get better. Don't let anybody beat you down so hard that you would take your life. You live your life and you stick your middle finger up and you say ' i'm gonna live'" - Kellin Quinn :)
    Theyre nice quotes. :) Minus the swearing though , ah
    “If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us face, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.” ~ Marvin J Ashton
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 1,654 Postholic
    Thanks @Shaunie i love your quotes too! i did think about cutting out the swearing but then it wouldn't be a true quote lol 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Shaunie
  • GretaGreta London, UK Posts: 29 Cool Newbie
    @Shaunie and @BubblesGoesBoo Thanks for sharing those quotes! Those are all really good reminders to be kind to others and to stay strong even when things might be difficult :)