Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Whether yo like it or not.....ITS APPROACHING

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    haha my dad's a uni lecturer and he sometimes invigilates exams. he says he always wears his squeekiest shoes on exam day. am glad i don't go to salford!
  • Options
    Originally posted by kevlar85
    I just hope we don't have a repeat of the dodgy marking fiasco of last year which we could all really do without

there's always been dodgy marking.

i did my media studies a level in 1999, and on results day i got a D.

my teacher said she'd be very surprised if that was right, cause she'd given me 39/40 for my coursework, which made up something like 40% of the final grade.

so i had it remarked. turns out they forgot to write down the mark for one of my papers. and gave me 0 for that paper. :eek2: so i ended up with an A. yay me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by KoolCat
    haha my dad's a uni lecturer and he sometimes invigilates exams. he says he always wears his squeekiest shoes on exam day. am glad i don't go to salford!

is that allowed?

ho annoying!

i think the dodgy marking has become a bgger problem since the AS's etc, my paper has been downmarked before better not happen again! :(
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    21st August = GCSE results day.
    One day I am not looking forward to. :no:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tim the Enchanter

I thought i'd be less worried than when I was waiting for my GCSEs

same here but it is worse because you can really see if you fail you are literally buggered! although AS is not that bad i failed last year, you still have time to pull things around although i hav not pulled things around and have failed!!! :(
  • Options
    oh GCSE's feel like such a long time ago.... A levels are purely evil. i'm so scared, more scared than i've ever been in my life. i just want to know now, i'm sick of being in limbo, not knowing whether my life is over yet... i couldn't face a life of working in littlewoods!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • Options
    Originally posted by juice1984
    oh GCSE's feel like such a long time ago.... A levels are purely evil. i'm so scared, more scared than i've ever been in my life. i just want to know now, i'm sick of being in limbo, not knowing whether my life is over yet... i couldn't face a life of working in littlewoods!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Tel me about it no way could i live working with somerfieldS!!!!!
  • Options
    lol, i'm sure littlewoods is worse....lol. thats the thing about A levels, it seems like the rest of my life depends upon them.. or maybe i'm just freaking out a little too much!
  • Options
    lol, i'm sure littlewoods is worse....lol. thats the thing about A levels, it seems like the rest of my life depends upon them.. or maybe i'm just freaking out a little too much!

Nope it does :p

And a lot more than GCSE!:D
  • Options
    Devil - stop posting and thinking about it now! :p

Think about something nice like:

ice-cream, attractive men, butterflies, kittens, puppies, ex boyfriends being humiliated, tiger cubs, sunsets, tropical paradise....

You see nice mental image rather than an envelope. :D

Alternatively I could crush up some kalms and dilute them, attach you to a drip and feed it through.
  • Options

As with Highers.

Ah well, there's always next year for resits :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by ElysiumUnknown
    Devil - stop posting and thinking about it now! :p

Think about something nice like:

ice-cream, attractive men, butterflies, kittens, puppies, ex boyfriends being humiliated, tiger cubs, sunsets, tropical paradise....

You see nice mental image rather than an envelope. :D

Alternatively I could crush up some kalms and dilute them, attach you to a drip and feed it through.

Not working! :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*
    Not working! :(

*sends you the Kalms instead*

I am now terrified... It's tomorrow. *shudders*
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_kazzy
    *sends you the Kalms instead*

I am now terrified... It's tomorrow. *shudders*

Good luck! :)
  • Options
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEK!
  • Options
    Thursday for me. I couldn't give two craps to be honest! No amount of worrying is goin' to change how well I performed...
  • Options
    I wasn't worried at GCSE becuase I know I did well in them all (then the results were better then expected :)). I wasn't worried at AS because I knew I'd done badly in some and well in some and results were as expected.

I'm worried now because I know I did well in one, I'm pretty sure I did well in my second, but don't have a clue about my third. Actually I think I did quite badly, but I'm not sure how badly.

I'm mainly worried because there's only so much ass-kissing you can do to a uni before they need your results to be good enough.
    & I've managed to repress everything up until now so it's all coming out at once.

I'm going to get drunk afterwards anyway; it's my friend's birthday on results day (poor guy).
  • Options
    Two sleeps to go.

:nervous:

I'm really scared now. I know I've not got into uni.
  • Options
    Two sleeps to go.

:nervous:

I'm really scared now. I know I've not got into uni.

Dont remind me! :(
  • Options
    Ok calm down folks. Getting your result isn't that big a deal. I didn't get the grades I needed but I still got in at my first choice. Uni's if they've offered you a place and like what they've seen from your references etc will let you off being a few grades lower etc. Or a lot of the time they will. It's like me going back this year. Out of the 6 I applied to only 2 of them I actually had the grades for. I still got accepted at all 6 places. The offers they give aren't stuck solid ok. So don't worry too much.

Anyways as has been said. You've done the exams, there's nothing you can do about it now, unfortunately in my case I have to say. I was predicted straight A's and came out with a b and 3 c's, that should tell ya how little work I did for my A-levels ;)
  • Options
    Thats my theory. Whats done is done, so no point in really worrying about it. Tho my Uni sent me a thing this morning saying
    "What to do if u dont get your grades"
    and I'm wondering wether to take that as an omen or not!

Ah well, by this time tomorrow we'll know :nervous:
  • Options
    I didn't worry about GCSEs as i knew i'd done quite well, but this year i am not confident at all. You can't worry too much though as you can't change things now. And Elysium Unknown, i thought you were a bloke!
  • Options
    I do have to worry because my only choice is Leeds - the most popular uni in the country, to do English - one of the most popular courses. Basically if you don't get the grades you're not in and they told us that. Not it's not the end of the world - but if I have to re-sit I will actually have a nervious break-down.

Kazbo - I'm predicted 3As and what you said is not instilling any confidence in me! :(

And, no, I am female. :|

Only 17 and a half hours *panics*

Is anyone else in a reeeaaaallllyyyyy bad mood today?
  • Options

Kazbo - I'm predicted 3As and what you said is not instilling any confidence in me! :(

Ah I was just a silly fool and liked boys and sex way too much at my a level time... (actually what changes?) I sat in my room pretending to revise and thats about all I did for my exams. But hey what other silly fool does Combined English, Maths with mechanics, further maths, religious studies and general studies? I deserved to do badly for making the time tabling near enough impossible hehe. Oh yeah I failed the further maths...was great when I was going uni to do maths ;)
  • Options
    I do have to worry because my only choice is Leeds - the most popular uni in the country, to do English - one of the most popular courses. Basically if you don't get the grades you're not in and they told us that. Not it's not the end of the world - but if I have to re-sit I will actually have a nervious break-down.

And, no, I am female. :|

Only 17 and a half hours *panics*

Is anyone else in a reeeaaaallllyyyyy bad mood today?

I am in an awful bad mood!

I see ya point i want to do primary education, which is the most popular course, the uni i want to go to is asking 120 which its either that or nothing!!!!
    So yes i am paniking!
  • Options
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*
    I am in an awful bad mood!

I see ya point i want to do primary education, which is the most popular course, the uni i want to go to is asking 120 which its either that or nothing!!!!
    So yes i am paniking!

I have been taking it out on my family.

To make things worse I have pmt too. I'm being such a bitch today.

Which uni Devil? Sure you'll be fine.

My brother said girls always panic and cry and stuff....which is so true.

Hmm....I could have done so much more work for my exams...I revised, just not enough.

:( I hate myself.
  • Options
    I have been taking it out on my family.

To make things worse I have pmt too. I'm being such a bitch today.

Which uni Devil? Sure you'll be fine.

My brother said girls always panic and cry and stuff....which is so true.

Hmm....I could have done so much more work for my exams...I revised, just not enough.

:( I hate myself.

You will be fine, sweetie, i want to go marjons.

Don't worry, What exactly do you need to get in? I am sure you will be fine, and if you dont do it know you can work extra hard for next time.

Good luck Hun, :)

I am sure you will be fine, dont hate yourself as you did your best on the day! :)
  • Options
    im so worried, i cant sleep! I know i failed Biology. Ive never been able to do it, and in Jan module i only just scraped an E. The others....i dont know. Id like Bs especially in Politics, seen as i wana do it at Uni. I couldnt answer half of my 2nd geography module. History, prolly ok. Im going in at about 11 too pick up my AS results. We dont get envelopes or anything though:( I dont wana look til outa school.
  • Options
    One hour...25 minutes....

I'm scared now. I know I've done really badly in English, maybe sociology too. And just badly in psychology. I wanna be opening my AS results again.

I just don't wanna open the enevelope to see Cs and Ds :( How will I tell my Grandma?!?!

I couldn't sleep either and then I kept waking up.