Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Whether yo like it or not.....ITS APPROACHING

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi this is a place where those of you who have taken exams especially the alevels, being results day in 6 days and a very stressful time to come in shout, scream cry, stress in a controlled enviroment :p;)

personally i am terrified i want those grades more than ANYTHING, if i dont get them im going to be so so upset, i worked so hard and have been crying most nights! i want this so so so much!

so all come in and strees together!!!:D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    im dreading them (AS Levels) and on the same day if my mate gets his way we'll be stuck up a hill getting soil samples for geography:( Idmuch rather go to a freinds house with evryone else so i can cry.
  • Options
    :(

Me too.

But now I don't know whether I still want to do English at uni, whether I want to go to uni this year (that is if I get in!) - argh.

Oh I don't know anymore.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    im dreading them (AS Levels) and on the same day if my mate gets his way we'll be stuck up a hill getting soil samples for geography:( Idmuch rather go to a freinds house with evryone else so i can cry.

I am sure you will be fine!
  • Options
    I'll get my GCSE results next August and I'm very scared. Though I suppose they are nothing compared to A-Levels.
  • Options
    I remember my results day, i'd not done a single minute of revision still came away with 6 B's a D and Two A's :D

A levels wern't as scary i found, and then University is great as you sort of always know where you are with things
  • Options
    Bring it on :cool:

I'm taking a gap year anyway so I'm not really worried, if anything's not as good as I hoped I can retake em.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ilovebusted
    I'll get my GCSE results next August and I'm very scared. Though I suppose they are nothing compared to A-Levels.

I wish I was getting my gcse results again.

What a piece of piss compared to A-levels.

I get my A-level results next thursday and my brother gets his gcse results the thursday after. But then he gets to go to Leeds festival and forget about it all whilst I have to sort my life out. Bastard.
  • Options
    I am so so so scared! it is petrifying! i know i am going to cry! :(
  • Options
    Good luck to you all. I'm rooting for you. it hardly seems like 2 minutes since i was getting my results. it's been 3 years now :eek:

don't forget to tell us how it goes!
  • Options
    How are you guys going to open your results? Right there and then or wait a bit? Personally I'm going to get them and have them in my pocket for a couple of hours before opening them I think.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kurt
    How are you guys going to open your results? Right there and then or wait a bit? Personally I'm going to get them and have them in my pocket for a couple of hours before opening them I think.

Get the envelope, throw up some more, drink some vodka, walk upto one of the fields and find a secluded place far away from anyone.

Wait a bit, muster up the courage to open them.

Open them.

Cry. Throw up again. Scream. Roll around in the dirt, vomit and vodka.

Walk home and make people stare at me with pity. "ah, I think she failed."

Get home, cry to my parents, phone my grandma and remind her she now owes me £5.

Go upto my bedroom and stay there for 5 days until I bleed myself dry of tears.

:yes:
  • Options
    I dont get to open mine i have someone ringing me before i get on a plane, thats worse they know i failed before i do! i know i failed!

elisium u make me laff! :D vodka - quite a good idea!!!
  • Options
    argh dont remind me :( ive got my ALevels coming through :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blackout
    argh dont remind me :( ive got my ALevels coming through :(

Good luck, which ones?

i keep thinking i cant fail, i worked hard, but then look at all those A grade students who fail everyday - it could be me i could have an evil examiner! i could be one of the people who fail, i hate this, i know i left out most of my biology paper!!!! :(
  • Options
    hey don't worry about failing ...you can always get a job on the checkout or on the bins ...or become a drug dealer or rent boy. loads of ways of making a crust.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*
    Good luck, which ones?

i keep thinking i cant fail, i worked hard, but then look at all those A grade students who fail everyday - it could be me i could have an evil examiner! i could be one of the people who fail, i hate this, i know i left out most of my biology paper!!!! :(

i do English, History and Business, and ive got good reason to suspect that ive failed because i failed my first year at 6th form, and got Es and Ds in my AS levels, so im just hoping for the best :)
  • Options
    I dont get to open mine i have someone ringing me before i get on a plane, thats worse they know i failed before i do! i know i failed!

elisium u make me laff! :D vodka - quite a good idea!!!

:lol: I'm such a drama queen.

I haven't yet chosen my weapon of destruction. Not my favourite sambuca as I don't want to associate it with bad times.

But admidst all the negativity and panic:

If little letters on a piece of paper are your biggest worry - you don't have much to worry about. :D

Worse could happen. We'll be fine.

I'm not posting my failure here though, I don't want to feel even more stupid. Unless I get my predicted grades :lol: Which is so not happening.
  • Options
    already got mine *puts smug uni face on*

and at my uni 2nd year marks count towards your final degree grade.

i didn't get nervous before any of my results. you've done the exams, worrying your arse off now won't change anything.

what's the worst that could happen? you fail them all and have to resit? i resat a whole year just for one subject and i had the best time of my life.
  • Options
    OK instead of people posting how worried they are why not post some useful info like proper Exam Techniques?

Many people screw up their exams NOT because they don't know the answers but they put them across in the wrong way and lose valuable points?

My best advice is if you don't immediately know the answer to a question - skip it , go on to the next and when you've got to the end go back over the ones you missed.

Also get a good quality pen - it will make your hand less tired when writing and allow you to write faster.

And if there happen to be any female teachers in here who oversee exams - how about NOT wearing high heels on the day of the exam - that used to drive me crazy .. TAP .. TAP .. TAP .. as they walk past you on the hard wooden floor.
  • Options
    The Scottish results all arrive on Tuesday. I know I'm going to be disappointed, but I can't force myself to think that I may not do well, instead I just have this vague hope that I might get lucky. *sighs*

Highers were hellish.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    OK instead of people posting how worried they are why not post some useful info like proper Exam Techniques?

now that's cruel... that would just make me worry about what i'd done in my exam all over again.

just concentrate on the massive celebrations you have when you're sorted and into uni :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_kazzy
    Highers were hellish.
    Really? I found them easier than GCSEs. All to their own, I guess.

I get my results on the 14th, but I'm quite positive I'll pass. If they let go ONE little slip, that is ;).
  • Options
    GCSE Results day: August 21st.

I'm pretty confident that I've got at least a C in everything. I worked my ass off. If not, then I'll take German GCSE during my ASs. I can speak more of it than my friend that took the exam :rolleyes:.
  • Options
    I really don't care, not gonna stress myself out over it all, at the end of the day your life isn't over if you don't pass so why worry?!

Just relax everyone, you'll all do fine :yes:

:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Neil
    Really? I found them easier than GCSEs. All to their own, I guess.

I get my results on the 14th, but I'm quite positive I'll pass. If they let go ONE little slip, that is ;).

Easier than GCSEs?! My standard grades were relatively easy for me, but nothing could have prepared me for the Higher year. How many did you do? And how come you don't get your results til the 14th?
  • Options

Bit bloody late now aint it!!!! !:p
  • Options
    Bit bloody late now aint it!!!! !:p

Not for those that need to do resits!! :D
  • Options
    My AS level results come out on thursday 14th and i've been dreading them for the past 2 weeks!

I thought i'd be less worried than when I was waiting for my GCSEs because this'll be the second time getting results but i've got a gut feeling i've cocked them up badly because my exams were all essay based so you never really know how they went!
  • Options

Many people screw up their exams NOT because they don't know the answers but they put them across in the wrong way and lose valuable points?

My best advice is if you don't immediately know the answer to a question - skip it , go on to the next and when you've got to the end go back over the ones you missed.

Also get a good quality pen - it will make your hand less tired when writing and allow you to write faster.

And if there happen to be any female teachers in here who oversee exams - how about NOT wearing high heels on the day of the exam - that used to drive me crazy .. TAP .. TAP .. TAP .. as they walk past you on the hard wooden floor.

you crack me up diamond :thumb:
  • Options

:yes:

Definitely, in my A-level exams we had this outside invigilator who used to be an art teacher when I was in the first year. Anyway, she was such a bitch - I'm sorry she was - she'd say stuff before the exam like "You all know the rules for these exams so I sincerely hope none of you are found to have broken them." in a threatening voice. She'd take people's drinking water off them and goosestep around the hall in high heels - worst was when she went up the stairs and onto the stage which were hollow so it echoed round.

On topic - There's no point stressing because as kaffrin said what's done is done. I just hope we don't have a repeat of the dodgy marking fiasco of last year which we could all really do without - it's such a pain in the arse (understatement) happened to me in my January modules when my Politics exam wasn't marked properly and I got a C in that module I resat that exam this time. As long as I get my ABB to get me in my course I don't care if it's higher or the same as that as long as I get it. Good luck to everyone out there. :)