Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

support

lotuslotus Posts: 6 Confirmed not a robot
Hi guys, Thought we could do with somewhere to support each other and talk about our difficulties. I am really struggling with my depression and ptsd at the moment which is really really difficult. How are you guys doing today? Xx

Comments

• Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    lotus wrote: »
    Hi guys, Thought we could do with somewhere to support each other and talk about our difficulties. I am really struggling with my depression and ptsd at the moment which is really really difficult. How are you guys doing today? Xx

Hey @lotus

Well done for reaching out for support.

Sorry to read your struggling with your depression and ptsd. Has anything happened recently to make the depression worse at all? I found this Article that might be helpful here on the site. We are here to support you.

Speak soon

Abi
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    This is a nice thread idea, @lotus. :)

Do keep in mind that you're welcome to start your own threads specifically for anything you'd like support with, too. I've also moved this over to our Health & Wellbeing forum, where it fits a little better and should get some more pick-up.

Welcome to the community, by the way. :wave:
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Abigail wrote: »

Hey [USER="103664"]lotus[/USER]

Well done for reaching out for support.

Sorry to read your struggling with your depression and ptsd. Has anything happened recently to make the depression worse at all? I found this [URL="http://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/depression-mental-health/coping-with-depression-5617.html"]Article[/URL] that might be helpful here on the site. We are here to support you.

Speak soon

Abi

Thanks Abi. Nothing significant has really happened it's just everything building up I suppose. I've got a lot going on at home
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    lotus wrote: »

Thanks Abi. Nothing significant has really happened it's just everything building up I suppose. I've got a lot going on at home

I understand sometime we don't know what makes the depression and ptsd worse. Would you like to talk about whats going on at home? Take your time. We are here for you.

Speak soon

Abi
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Hi @lotus ,

Sorry to hear how you're feeling - I also experienced depression, so I understand how you're feeling. Feel free to message me if you ever need someone to talk to - I've been there before, so I know what you're going through!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Azziman wrote: »
    Hi [USER="103664"]lotus[/USER] ,

Sorry to hear how you're feeling - I also experienced depression, so I understand how you're feeling. Feel free to message me if you ever need someone to talk to - I've been there before, so I know what you're going through!x

Much love <3

Thankyou x
  • Options
    There is a lot going on at home really..I can't really share on here for legal reasons..thanks x
  • Options
    nish215nish215 Posts: 64 Boards Initiate
    Hey Lotus,

This is a great thread idea!

You mentioned that you're struggling with depression and ptsd at the moment. It's always relieving to get things off our chest and speak about problems so it's great you've mentioned these things, how are you feeling now?

We're always hear to listen :)

-Nish
  • Options
    FranFran Posts: 118 The Mix Convert
    Hey Lotus,
    I really like your idea! Is there anything that you can see that would help you feel a little bit relieved and that at the same time wouldn't cause you any legal trouble?

- Fran