Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

dating

hannahxoxohannahxoxo Posts: 34 Boards Initiate
hi everyone! so basically i need advice on something and i'd be forever grateful if someone could help me out.

okay so theres this guy at my school who has basically been my crush on and off since i started at that school (we are now both in year ten and weve been at that school for 4 years). he knew who i was but just never had an interest in me like that but we were still friends. but for about a month or two now he started paying more attention to me and talking to me more and flirting a bit with me too. he spent lunch with me and my friends and was just around me a lot more. so this went on for like a month and a bit, as i said earlier. but last night we were talking about getting together and he asked me out and i said yes. now some of you may think this is some little kid relationship but its not like that. im now wondering if it was too rushed but like its not like weve just met, weve known each other for years and just got closer recently. obviously it was a bit awkward today but i know thatll change. and i feel like wed just get way more comfortable with each other as time goes and even tho it may be rushed in some peoples eyes it doesnt really feel it.

Comments

• peachysoopeachysoo Posts: 151 Helping Hand
    hannahxoxo wrote: »
    hi everyone! so basically i need advice on something and i'd be forever grateful if someone could help me out.

okay so theres this guy at my school who has basically been my crush on and off since i started at that school (we are now both in year ten and weve been at that school for 4 years). he knew who i was but just never had an interest in me like that but we were still friends. but for about a month or two now he started paying more attention to me and talking to me more and flirting a bit with me too. he spent lunch with me and my friends and was just around me a lot more. so this went on for like a month and a bit, as i said earlier. but last night we were talking about getting together and he asked me out and i said yes. now some of you may think this is some little kid relationship but its not like that. im now wondering if it was too rushed but like its not like weve just met, weve known each other for years and just got closer recently. obviously it was a bit awkward today but i know thatll change. and i feel like wed just get way more comfortable with each other as time goes and even tho it may be rushed in some peoples eyes it doesnt really feel it.

Hey Hannah :)

It's lovely to hear that your feelings are mutual! I don't personally think there's anything wrong with what you're saying: maybe to some people it seems rushed or like an immature relationship, but... who cares? They're not the ones in the relationship - you are! Of course, how others view your relationship might affect you, it's natural and completely okay if this is the case, but if you're not, then all the more reason to be happy!

I hope you enjoy the feelings that come along with the relationship, and allow yourself and your feelings to grow at the same time!

-peachysoo
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hi hannahxoxo,

Congratulations - it must be nice to be in a relationship with your long-time crush! If you're both happy with each other, I don't think it matters how you met, how quickly things happened, or what people think - you both focus on making this work and being happy together! I'm sure you'll both become more comfortable and get to know each other as the relationship goes on!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • FranFran Posts: 118 The Mix Convert
    Hello @hannahxoxo,
    how lovely!! I am happy for you!! Don't worry about what people may think! there's nothing wrong in what you are living! I actually think it's pretty romantic, so enjoy it and be really happy about everything that is happening to you both right now :heart:

Fran
  • hannahxoxohannahxoxo Posts: 34 Boards Initiate
    peachysoo wrote: »

Hey Hannah :)

It's lovely to hear that your feelings are mutual! I don't personally think there's anything wrong with what you're saying: maybe to some people it seems rushed or like an immature relationship, but... who cares? They're not the ones in the relationship - you are! Of course, how others view your relationship might affect you, it's natural and completely okay if this is the case, but if you're not, then all the more reason to be happy!

I hope you enjoy the feelings that come along with the relationship, and allow yourself and your feelings to grow at the same time!

-peachysoo

awhhh thank you so much!!!!!
    Azziman wrote: »
    Hi hannahxoxo,

Congratulations - it must be nice to be in a relationship with your long-time crush! If you're both happy with each other, I don't think it matters how you met, how quickly things happened, or what people think - you both focus on making this work and being happy together! I'm sure you'll both become more comfortable and get to know each other as the relationship goes on!x

Much love <3

ahaha thank you, this was a big help! x
    Fran wrote: »
    Hello @hannahxoxo,
    how lovely!! I am happy for you!! Don't worry about what people may think! there's nothing wrong in what you are living! I actually think it's pretty romantic, so enjoy it and be really happy about everything that is happening to you both right now :heart:

Fran

yess true. thank you so much! <3
    update on this if anyone cares: well he broke up with me a week later bc of an incident with another girl and bc he didnt treat me as a girlfriend so he thoight it best just to dump me. its been a month and we havent spoke since. this is a guy i liked for four years but oh well i cant do anything about it. just my luck i guess ahaha
  • peachysoopeachysoo Posts: 151 Helping Hand
    hannahxoxo wrote: »
    update on this if anyone cares: well he broke up with me a week later bc of an incident with another girl and bc he didnt treat me as a girlfriend so he thoight it best just to dump me. its been a month and we havent spoke since. this is a guy i liked for four years but oh well i cant do anything about it. just my luck i guess ahaha
    I'm sorry to hear it :( It must really suck when you haven't spoken since, especially if you don't feel like you don't have proper closure. Maybe this might change sometime soon?

Perhaps this is a really good opportunity for you to build an even better relationship with yourself and, maybe somewhere along the way, end up liking someone new. People will come and go, and eventually these feelings will become a memory. Keep your chin up! I hope you shower yourself in self love and care, because you deserve it :heart:
    peachysoo wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear it :( It must really suck when you haven't spoken since, especially if you don't feel like you don't have proper closure. Maybe this might change sometime soon?

Perhaps this is a really good opportunity for you to build an even better relationship with yourself and, maybe somewhere along the way, end up liking someone new. People will come and go, and eventually these feelings will become a memory. Keep your chin up! I hope you shower yourself in self love and care, because you deserve it :heart:

awh your so sweet. i hope it does change but i dont think it will :( i feel like he hates me... ive tried liking someone new but im so low in self confidence i feel as if no guy will ever like me like that and ill probably never get a proper boyfriend... but anyway thank you for your reply <3<3<3
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hi hannahxoxo,

Sorry to hear about that - being dumped is awful, especially when it's by someone you liked for so long! It can definitely hit your confidence, but you need to know that he broke up with you because he didn't treat you well (as he's said himself), not because there was anything bad about you! All you can really do is accept what's happened, get back up on your feet and move on - it's easier said than done, but I'm sure you'll find someone else that treats you well and appreciates how great you are! Agreed with peachysoo about looking after yourself well - that's really important!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Azziman said:
    Hi hannahxoxo,

Sorry to hear about that - being dumped is awful, especially when it's by someone you liked for so long! It can definitely hit your confidence, but you need to know that he broke up with you because he didn't treat you well (as he's said himself), not because there was anything bad about you! All you can really do is accept what's happened, get back up on your feet and move on - it's easier said than done, but I'm sure you'll find someone else that treats you well and appreciates how great you are! Agreed with peachysoo about looking after yourself well - that's really important!x

Much love <3
    thank you your so sweet xxx