Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Feeling low

i started feeling very low last year round February as i stopped seeing my father after 12 years of physical and mental/emotional abuse i said no and told him to start sorting his life out, this made me very depressed as well as suicidal and i was self harming from February through to july when i saw a doctor for help and got rejected for help . i got myself out of that place and was happy then got back in contact with my dad and he started making me feel bad again , so bad that last weekend i tried to overdose but then got rushed to hospital and spoke to a number of therapists who all btw have denied being able to help me meanwhile i went out with this boy and it was on and off but we are best friends and he knows i still love him and always will i just have such a connection with him , i miss him so much even when im with him i just wanna be in his arms and i dont know wether i should tell him how i feel because were always here for eachother and i just feel so angry all the time and then i just snap and cry so much i get really bad anxiety so bad that i used to stay up all night worried someone was taking pics of me from outside the window, im 12 btw .

Comments

• abigailcarterxabigailcarterx Posts: 3 Newbie
    hey im new and feeling low needing someone to talk to :crying:
  • MochanMochan Posts: 65 Boards Initiate
    Hi @abigailcarterx. Welcome to the board. I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling low but I'm glad that you've shared your feelings here. Are you able to share more about when you started feeling like this? Have you spoken to someone before? We're here to listen, so feel free to share as little or as much as you feel comfortable with.
  • MochanMochan Posts: 65 Boards Initiate
    I'm really sorry to hear that, abigailcarterx. Thank you for sharing. You mentioned that you were rejected for help, first by your doctor and then by therapists recently? I'm sorry to hear that. Did they explain why?

When you say that you got yourself out of that place, it must have taken a lot of effort and strength. Do you remember how you did that? It sounds as though things are a bit tough lately. Is there a friend or a teacher at school who you feel comfortable talking to?

Feeling angry and crying can be a good release. Sometimes we're taught to bottle it up, but letting yourself be angry and crying isn't always a bad thing. When you feel at your best, what are you usually doing? Are you with someone who you care about? Is it when you're outside being active? Sometimes reminding ourselves of when we feel joy can be a helpful reminder of the small steps we can take to look after ourselves. If you're worried about your anger, there's a helpful guide on The Mix here which you might find useful: ​http://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/looking-after-yourself/dealing-with-anger-6631.html
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @abigailcarterx and welcome to the boards, you've come to the right place to talk through how you're feeling *hug*

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a tough time. It is really brave to break away from years of abuse and to try and seek help for negative feelings. Why are the doctors and therapists rejecting you for help, do they tell you? I hope you do manage to get the help you would like, and we are here to help you find it. There are loads of services/phonelines/face to face help out there, hopefully we can help point you in the right direction if you tell us a little more about what you would like.

Do you have any other friends or family members you can talk to about the way you are feeling? And how are things with this boy? It sounds like you have a good relationship with him, do you feel like you would be comfortable talking to him about your feelings too?

Take care, hope we can help you here :rainbow:

- Lucy
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • abigailcarterxabigailcarterx Posts: 3 Newbie
    Lucy307 @Mochan i dont feel like i can trust anyone anymore.
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hi @abigailcarterx I'm so sorry to hear that you feel that way. Do you want to talk about why? We're not going to judge you or break your trust here, we're just here to listen, share experiences and help where we can. :heart:
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hi abigailcarterx

Sorry to hear about what you're going through. We're here for youx

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.