Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pains After Sex

AngelIsMe21AngelIsMe21 Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
I've been experiencing some pains and problems after having sex with a friend of mine a few days ago. I understand that it's probably normal but it is still worrying me, and really hurting :( It feels good because it has caused a lot of pain but at the same time it does still hurt :( What i'm experiencing=stinging when I go to the toilet as well as the urge that I need to go but can't/don't, sharp sensations down below, a very strange/smelly odour (which is obviously causing embarassment) and a couple of spots (kind of thing) have appeared in the back of my mouth and 4 down below. . .

Comments

• Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,859 Extreme Poster
    Hi AngellsMe21,

If you feel any pain or discomfort persists after having sex, then you should go straight to a GP. I know it might feel embarrassing, but many people visit the GP for a similar reason! And besides, I think it's definitely worth being healthy and without pain if it takes a little embarrassment to do so!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    It's hard for me to get an appointment with my gp. The pains feel horrible at the moment😢Ouch...
  • Options
    Still experiencing pains and few spots have appeared too. . .😢
  • Options
    Dusky94Dusky94 Posts: 22 Boards Initiate
    Heya gal

The stinging when weeing after sex is common, I get it quite a lot. This can be a water infection (AKA Urinary tract infection). These are frequent and can occur when you have slept with a new sexual partner, or if the boy has ejaculated into you. My advice on this matter would be: firstly, make sure that you go for a wee straight after sex (within minutes ideally), this flushes out the bacteria from the urinary tract which can otherwise lead to the water infection. Secondly, if you do find you have developed a urinary tract infection, drink loads and loads of water and cranberry juice, this helps to flush out the infection. Finally, often these infections arise in the early stages of a sexual relationship with a new person, it can take time for your body to 'get to know' your partners bacteria etc, so as annoying as it sounds, water infections are quite common early on, no matter what, but they will generally get more rare.

Regarding the spots, 100% go to your GP if these continue to appear/don't disappear. If you cannot make an appointment, then try and make an appointment with an STI clinic. Often, these have more frequent walk-in appointments, where you can be seen pretty quickly.

Good luck!