Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mental health

KitchenplantKitchenplant Posts: 1 Just got here
Hi I have been struggling with depression for going on 10 years now but lately it has gotten a lot worse again I'm in a really bad place and all I can think about is ending it all I have had these thoughts before but now they seem to all be fitting into place and all I can think is why am I being so selfish I have people that care about me witch is really tearing me a part as all I want to do is hurt myself but now it has repercussions they try to help but they just don't understand and it's not there faulght I don't blame the what's the point of trying to help someone that neither wants the help or deserves it can anyone offer some insight or am I just past the point of helping

Comments

• Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Hi Kitchenplant,

I'm sorry to hear how you're feeling. At no point are you ever past the point of helping - there are steps that can be taken in every scenario that can help you get your life back on track! The first part is accepting that you have a problem and can't solve it by yourself, which you seem to have done. In that case, the next step is seeking support and help in order to solve the problem. See a GP, contact Mind for advice, tell your family/friends that you are suffering from depression. From there, things will improve in the long-term, but you have to be willing to accept the help in the first place! If you don't let the support out there help you, then they can't help you!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey there Kitchenplant.

Just to say first of all I moved your thread from Anything Goes to Health & Wellbeing as what you're talking about fits in more there.

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a rough time, you're very brave to be talking about it here so congratulations for that. I would first suggest maybe trying to talk to your GP about the problems you're dealing with, there's a lot of options that they can offer that could help you. A lot of people find it helpful to even just try and talk through what they're dealing with so if there's anything you'd like to discuss on here we're always happy to listen!

I hope this helps.

- Riley
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    nish215nish215 Posts: 64 Boards Initiate
    Hi KitchenPlant,

I'm sorry to here you're struggling right now with your depression, perhaps you could speak to your GP for some help and advice? It's also great that you recognise you have people who care and love you, maybe you could speak to them too for some emotional support? If you're experiencing distressing thoughts and feelings you can also call a telephone support line, Mind is a really great website with all the relevant information and numbers , here's the link: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/guides-to-support-and-services/crisis-services/telephone-support/#.Wn4DoejFLIU

We're always here to talk if you need us,
    Nish :)