Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

This is me and I won't change

AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
Hey,

Dare I say them words ... I have been part of the mix family a year now and have still never found the time to sit down and write post up say hi and this is me type thing because as when I started I struggles massively and everything was really new and I just didn't think I would fit in as well as I have ... saying that now seem wired because I have. I have meet some amazing people, mods and even had a few to many banter jokes with them.

A year on what a different me!!!

The low down about me ... I am a young adult mental health carer (Means i am only 16), doesn't mean I know everything. I am currently in college doing music. There is a high chance I have dyslexia and I am getting a second screening done before May from my step-sister who will be able to confirm it all for me.

This year I have grown so much as a person. How did a lonely 15 year old become one of the kindest people within are chats - no clue how that happened. :P

So that's enough about me. I am going to ask a question what is really random so I can really start to get to know you all better ... What is the one thing you are known for?

I'll start off ... having a massive heart and always sharing it with others.

Speak soon

Abi
Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.

Comments

• Options
    s p ismails p ismail Deactivated Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
    Hi Abi,

Firstly, what a great post, thank you so much for this, its always so amazing to get feedback and to know that The Mix was able to help you makes all this worth while:heart:. I hope you are enjoying music at College and it's really good that you are getting a screening for dyslexia so that at least you know and will be able to get as much help from your college if you need it.

With your question, ohhh its a tough one :chin: but I'd say the thing that I'm known for is always smiling, i just find easier than frowning :hyper:

Look forward to seeing what everyone else writes.

All the best
    Subira
  • Options
    MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    What a year mine happened to become! This time last year I never even guessed that my birth certificate was inaccurate, neither did I know that I was born in France or have French parents sending me off for adoption. As if the first few years of my life were cloudy though I distinctly remember my 5th birthday, to have been told I was sixteen and not thirteen made me question why my true age was never verified. It doesn't matter now, I'm not troubled by what happened. Then mummy's health went into steep decline ending in her dying on me yesterday.

While I cannot change what is past, I can make significant changes for the future and becoming a better person. This time, with a mission to change career direction to remain a musician, but to make more hot chocolate and make it thicker because it's so yummy! :yum: And come spring, go home to Alcúdia and open a cafe and musician's venue. Since I'm great in the kitchen, why not make great food for super people? We have wonderful tourists, too.

In the meantime though, Jules and I have some bereavement to go through, and this cannot be rushed. I am grateful to @Abigail for your kindness and those wonderful links you sent me. To everyone who have rallied round to give us such fantastic support.

What a great site The Mix is! Happy New Year everyone! :heart::heart::heart:

Belle
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    A year, you're still a young een ;) it's been so good to see you grow though and I can't imagine the mix without you. Something im known for is being hard working and determined :hyper: I always give my all at work and help others when I'm finished :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
    Hi @Abigail!

It's amazing to hear the effect the community here has had for you! Glad to find someone else still in education like me haha!

Something I'm known for is wisdom. People often tell me that I'm wise beyond my years, which should be really helpful when I go to university haha! It also feels great to help other people when they need some advice, so everyone wins - that's what it's all about in the end!x

Hope that 2018 is a successful year for everyone on this thread!!

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.