Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

How do I remove my photo from google images?

apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
Was looking for a new avatar on google images and I typed my name up, and one of my profile pictures from social media came up on google images. I can freely copy and paste, and save this photo of myself (without logged onto any account). I don't want random people having access to my photo, how do I get it off?

I doubt it would ever happen, but I don't like the idea of it??

I can even get my avatar from here on google images, which doesn't bother me as obviously it isn't a photo- just stating the fact that it happens!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm not entirely sure? maybe delete the photo from the social media platform? We're always told that images you put online stay online, so it might not be able to be deleted
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Hiccup wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sure? maybe delete the photo from the social media platform? We're always told that images you put online stay online, so it might not be able to be deleted

Okay thanks. Yeah that's fair enough, it's not as if I posted it though (it's a profile photo) :(
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah, I get that. If you're able to search your own profile, your display picture can come up and then it's free for anyone to use as they please
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    I'm not sure if there's a way of removing images from google, if an image is posted online, google images will be able to find it. I experience the same thing, if you typed my name into google you'd get a whole load of pictures of me and even my family somehow.
    PS - typing my The Mix username into google brings up my profile, too.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Results on google come from websites. If you remove your photo from all websites, I would think your photo wouldn't show up on Google Image Search any more.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @Azziman, and welcome to the community. :wave:

I'm going to close this thread as it's a year and a half old now, but if you'd like to post about a similar issue then you're welcome to start a new thread of your own. Generally speaking we tend not to post in inactive threads older than a couple of months, and those threads are considered 'dead'. You can check out our Good Manners Guide if you'd like more of a breakdown of that sort of thing. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
This discussion has been closed.