Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Half of them

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Nearly half of 15 year olds have tried drugs while 31% have tried cannabis in the last year...the 45% have tried drugs, sniffed glue or harder substance at some point in their life..what does this say about the state this country is in, most people i know can get access to numerous drugs within a couple of hours, i wouldn't be alone there with many others around England.

Comments

• Options
    it shows 2 things
    a) the current drugs policies are failing
    b) all drugs should be legalised so the government can control the supply of drugs and regulate them, not to mention tax them so the money can be put to use in the nhs and education
  • Options
    it shows more people should get hobbies
  • Options
    of course the current drug policing is failing, look at the amout of drugs in the uk, there are alot floating around..people have hobbies molo as well as using drugs :rolleyes:
    do you think that all people just sit around smoking their heads off and mashed all day and night long?no, people are recreational users, they go out, use drugs, have hobbies.
  • Options
    Saw some statistic the other day that read 90% of 18 year olds have tried cannabis.

I guess you can make up stats for anything though. 49% of people know that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by EssEmm
    Saw some statistic the other day that read 90% of 18 year olds have tried cannabis.

:lol: the blairites certainly know it :lol:
  • Options

Probably true..90%, i know alot of people who smoke cannabis.
  • Options
    oh for fuck sake, do people jus like argueing with me

all these 15 year olds sniffing glue, do they sound sophisticated or more likely are they bored townie fucks clogging up the streets.

if they had a hobby,lets say tennis. they would be busy having fun playing their sport instead of doing drugs.

but of course i'm wrong. obviously.
  • Options
    Originally posted by molo

all these 15 year olds sniffing glue, do they sound sophisticated or more likely are they bored townie fucks clogging up the streets.

if they had a hobby,lets say tennis. they would be busy having fun playing their sport instead of doing drugs.

yep :p

no, these type of glue sniffing wasters aren't all people, how many recreational drug users do you know molo that have jobs and hobbies?
  • Options
    It's not the police's faults it's the parents. Parents just can't control their children or teach them properly anymore.
  • Options
    Re: Half of them
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Nearly half of 15 year olds have tried drugs

i was only on about these fuckers. i couldn't give a shit about 'recreational drug users'
  • Options
    Probably true..90%, i know alot of people who smoke cannabis.

I could count on one hand the number of people I know at Uni that haven't done it.

Damn students :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Half of them
    i was only on about these fuckers. i couldn't give a shit about 'recreational drug users'

glue sniffing is total different to a cannabis smoker...what a waste of time sniffing glue :rolleyes:
  • Options

When it starts raining they'd be back inside doing drugs again though :rolleyes:
  • Options
    When it starts raining they'd be back inside doing drugs again though :rolleyes:

aw well, what can you do.
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    It's not the police's faults it's the parents. Parents just can't control their children or teach them properly anymore.

Don't be pathetic. People have got their own motives, and their own mind, if a near adult, or indeed a fully grown adult, wants to use drugs, then not much will stop them.

My mother is one of the best around, she does her utmost to look after me, she loves me, and I love her. Nothing will replace her and our relationship is perfect. But, I use class A drugs at the weekend. Automatically, does t hat means she's a bad mother?
    No, I have my own mind, my choice to use drugs week in, week out is my own, absolutely nothing to do with my upbringing and/or my parents.

People can't go looking for something to blame, if they use drugs, they use drugs, they cannot blame the Government, their parents, their education, anything. Get a grip people. :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    Don't be pathetic. People have got their own motives, and their own mind, if a near adult, or indeed a fully grown adult, wants to use drugs, then not much will stop them.

My mother is one of the best around, she does her utmost to look after me, she loves me, and I love her. Nothing will replace her and our relationship is perfect. But, I use class A drugs at the weekend. Automatically, does t hat means she's a bad mother?
    No, I have my own mind, my choice to use drugs week in, week out is my own, absolutely nothing to do with my upbringing and/or my parents.

People can't go looking for something to blame, if they use drugs, they use drugs, they cannot blame the Government, their parents, their education, anything. Get a grip people. :eek2:

Go z0ma, it's ya birthday, we gon' party like it's ya birthday, we gon' smoke mary jane like it's ya birthday....
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShInE
    Go z0ma, it's ya birthday, we gon' party like it's ya birthday, we gon' smoke mary jane like it's ya birthday....

Bu...bu...but, wasn't it my birthday yesterday? And didn't we drink bacardi? :p

Heh. You, make me laugh. :mad: :p
  • Options
    well i can't keep my friggin eyes open any longer ...goodnight.
  • Options
    well said z0ma, people use drugs beceause that person wants to, btw does your mum know you use class a's?
  • Options
    Actually I'm quite pleased 90% of 18 year olds have tried weed. It doesn't harm anyone and everyone should experience it at least once.

Live you fookers!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kurt
    Actually I'm quite pleased 90% of 18 year olds have tried weed. It doesn't harm anyone and everyone should experience it at least once.

Live you fookers!

:yes:

but weed isn't for everyone.
  • Options
    :yes:

but weed isn't for everyone.

How do you know if you don't try?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kurt
    How do you know if you don't try?

i have tried and it is for me :)

but there are some who have tried and who don't like it.
  • Options
    i have tried and it is for me :)

but there are some who have tried and who don't like it.

Then by all means, they shouldn't do it ever again. Just the fact that they tried it is good enough.
  • Options

Tennis? Anyone can take up tennis as a hobby, but people still sniff glue! Its never gonna be rid off and thankfully its not the majority. I went through a phase of sniffing gas (ok ok I need no lectures!) only for a couple of months, I was about 14, I had hobbies, a good background etc and I played sport. I can honestly say there isnt much that would have stopped me from trying it, I just grew out of it. I realised the dangers aswell. Molo hun, im not doing this to argue with you and im not saying either if us is right, its just me view :D :cool:

btw isnt this in the wrong forum?
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot

I totally agree with you. Some parents just let their kids do whatever they want, and are too scared or soft to out their foot down, or worse still, they dont care. Some people dont deserve kids. This is prolly one of the biggets reasons why I think I wont have kids, I cant just look after myself, neevr mind another life:eek2:
  • Options
    I posted it in both forums vicky and look at the different replies it got, so many more in this board, I wanted to get different replies.
  • Options
    if you ask me, it's society's fault.

we live in a sad sick world, and i think the use of drugs reflects that. we don't enjoy the simple pleasures anymore.

fast food, fast cars, chemicals to have a good time, anti-ageing creams, rock stars, pop stars, skeletal models, mobile phones.

makes me sick.
  • Options
    I posted it in both forums vicky and look at the different replies it got, so many more in this board, I wanted to get different replies.

ooh i'll let you off then, only cos its you :p
  • Options
    Why enjoy simple pleasures when we have can have our fun in a pill? (Only joking)

As for kids doing any drugs, cannabis, booze, caffine, etc. I do think it is a matter of concern, I heard of some new research yesterday suggesting that chronic use of cannabis as a young teenager can lead to mental health issues later on. But as with all research of this type there is a problem with causation and colrelation.