Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

celebrity-obsessed society

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    sign on.

would he know what to sign?
  • Options
    I don't understand the obsession to the point of reading magazines about them, such as Heat, OK, Hello, etc. Nor do I understand the "newspapers" publishing endless "story" after "story" about them either. I'm just not interested.
    The same with constantly having to put up with royalty in papers, magazines, and on the telly.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Re: celebrity-obsessed society
    Originally posted by rosi
    what's your take on our celebrity-obsessed society? do you love reading, or rather looking at, hello! and ok! or can you just not understand *why* people are so fascinated by some random untalented people's lives who happen to be in the spotlight?

you can probably guess what my opinion is............

Why people don't feel ill when reading them, I don't know. Surely the array of Burberry on every damn page should make most people feel ill.

Everyone likes to people-watch. Some people just watch and follow the most pathetic people whose happiness is dependent on public attention.

Being famous doesn't instantly make someone interesting, it just usually makes them self-absorbed.
  • Options
    ok a lot of celebrities are arses but so are alot of people living in the real world. what harm are they doing if they are bringing a bit of entertainment or a bit of happiness to someones life?
    the money celebrities make is obscene but sadly thats the way the mop flops!
    i love heat and i dont really know why, chewing gum for the mind!
  • Options
    I hate the whole status "celebrity". When i see "Exculsive Celebrity Gossip Inside!!" splashed across a magazine i thinks it's pathetic. "Famous" people should be allowed to get on with their jobs, may it be musician, actor or whatever.
    I'd be happy to read something to do with their career, but i don't care who they're dating or that they were spotted by some dude with a camera popping out to their local shops.