Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tattoo's

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    1983 wrote:
    The level I am at love, is the harsh reality of what everyone thinks of you.

I have grown up, I have a full time job, lovely clothes I paid for through my own wages, going on holiday through my own wages, and like the millions of Britian..my wages pay for you to have that attitude.

Don't get hoity toity at me. Cause you ARE in the wrong for actively throwing about your lucrative purchases of Karen Millen clothes which begin at £60 a pop, your Agent Provocatuer bras at £50 a pop, and your Greek holiday all over the site. It IS our business when you make threads about it.

You're not actively seeking work. If you were, you would have gotten a jpb even if it was at Tesco just so it would be fucking experience to work your way up. But you don't. You have your parents subsidise you AND the fucking JSA.

You've NO right to tell me to grow up.
    What do you want from me? To bow down to you all and say 'thankyou so much for paying tax, but I'm not going to claim JSA because it hurts your feelings'.

GROW UP LOVE. I live in the real world. Real people wouldn't say no to £44.05 a week if they were offered it, whether or not they needed it. (and in my case, I believe I do.) It's 44 fucking pounds a week, you all piss yourselves as if I'm fraudulently making millions!!! It's pathetic.

I think you all need to wake up, smell the coffee and get that fucking chip off your shoulders. People make money, people take money. That's life!!!!

All that matters to me, is that my parents haven't got a problem with me being on JSA. They will continue to support me and my choices, whatever the outcome. They are the only people that actually matter to me, and as long as I have their support, I don't care what you people on an internet forum, think of me. You mean nothing to me, so why should I care about you??

To be honest, I couldn't give a flying fuck anymore. The more you boo-hiss about my frivalent lifestyle, the more pleasure I get from having one.
    I've given up trying to justify my lifestyle. I'm not justifying it anymore. You can either live with it, or shut the hell up, because I'm not listening anymore.
  • Options
    Personally, I'd love it if someone reported you for benefit fraud, because that's nothing short of what you deserve. Honestly, the stuff you post, what do you expect?
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Personally, I'd love it if someone reported you for benefit fraud, because that's nothing short of what you deserve. Honestly, the stuff you post, what do you expect?
    Try it mate. I'm not defrauding anyone.
  • Options
    More twaddle.

You've been on the JSA since, January? THAT'S FUCKING 8 MONTHS DOWN THE LINE. WHY HAVEN'T YOU GOT A JOB? The criteria states you active seek a job every two weeks..so we have passed..16 times you should have been looking for a job. What happened? Run out of bras?
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    You've been on the JSA since, January? THAT'S FUCKING 8 MONTHS DOWN THE LINE. WHY HAVEN'T YOU GOT A JOB?
    Why should I tell you? All you've done is insult me and call me petty names.

You don't even deserve this reply.
  • Options
    Why should I tell you? All you've done is insult me and call me petty names.

You don't even deserve this reply.

Christ almighty. Answer me this, and I'll shut up. You have been to the job centre around 16 times since January. What's happened?

Anyone with common sense would have had a job by now, as the criteria states..you were actively doing so. There's sweet F.A evidence. You know this, we know this.
  • Options
    To make this clear. I haven't been on Job Seekers Allowance for 8 consecutive months. If this was the case, I would have been put on 'New Deal' and forced to take any job going.

However, I had several interviews with personal Advisors and have talked through and agreed on a personal job seeker agreement. On this agreement, they state the types of jobs I'm am looking for, qualified for and what I will do to increase my chances of employment; this include looking in local newspapers, checking jobcentre online for jobs etc. I do this at least 6 times a week. It is all written down, as evidence of what I have been doing to try and get myself a job.

Where I live, the jobs/apprenticeships I am looking for don't come up very often.
    I also suffer from Social Anxiety Disorder which limits my job options ie. Tesco etc.

To be honest I am bored SHITLESS of sitting at home everyday, I am DYING to get out of this house and do something with my life.
    I will not however, take any random job in tesco's, to make other people comfortable with my situation. I just won't do it.

Until I do find myself a job, I will continue to claim JSA. And that, is that.
  • Options
    To make this clear. I haven't been on Job Seekers Allowance for 8 consecutive months. If this was the case, I would have been put on 'New Deal' and forced to take any job going.

However, I had several interviews with personal Advisors and have talked through and agreed on a personal job seeker agreement. On this agreement, they state the types of jobs I'm am looking for, qualified for and what I will do to increase my chances of employment; this include looking in local newspapers, checking jobcentre online for jobs etc. I do this at least 6 times a week. It is all written down, as evidence of what I have been doing to try and get myself a job.

Where I live, the jobs/apprenticeships I am looking for don't come up very often.
    I also suffer from Social Anxiety Disorder which limits my job options ie. Tesco etc.

To be honest I am bored SHITLESS of sitting at home everyday, I am DYING to get out of this house and do something with my life.
    I will not however, take any random job in tesco's, to make other people comfortable with my situation. I just won't do it.

Until I do find myself a job, I will continue to claim JSA. And that, is that.

Says it all, but shutting up now. :)
  • Options
    1983, I wish I was able to write down my opinions like you in a confident, sophisticated way... I couldn't agree more with all that you just said.

I can't STAND reading Ilora's posts anymore about the cash she spends etc etc. I work 35 hours a week, I pay rent at home, I pay my bills, I pay for my transport... I fucking WISH I had the money you have to fucking throw away. Surely, you understand why people are so pissed off about you flaunting your spending habits?? Use some tact, dear.

As far as I'm concerned, from what you have written, you're making pretty much no effort in looking for employment. You're doing all the right things to make it look AS IF you are, but you're not.

If you want a job so bad, and after 16 visits to the Job Centre you haven't got one - then you would look for alternative ways of getting a job. HAVE YOU EVER ACTUALLY APPLIED FOR A FUCKING JOB? I jacked my last job in, and had 3 interviews/job offers within a week - what's your fucking problem in doing the same?

Sometime, love, you haven't got a choice of working in Tescos or in your ideal job. You just have to take what comes along... what's stopping you taking employment at Tescos and looking for a job in the meantime whilst you earn money in a decent fashion?

Enough from me...
  • Options
    Seriously Ilora, you need a hefty bitch-slap of REAL LIFE.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Milton Keynes DSS?
  • Options
    god, i dont even care about people claiming DSS for whatever reasons. I just think its tacky and offensive for someone to then brag about what they waste it all on. its like Lizzie from wifeswap.
  • Options
    god, i dont even care about people claiming DSS for whatever reasons. I just think its tacky and offensive for someone to then brag about what they waste it all on. its like Lizzie from wifeswap.

Or..http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005370301,00.html
  • Options
    As far as I'm concerned, from what you have written, you're making pretty much no effort in looking for employment. You're doing all the right things to make it look AS IF you are, but you're not.

If you want a job so bad, and after 16 visits to the Job Centre you haven't got one - then you would look for alternative ways of getting a job. HAVE YOU EVER ACTUALLY APPLIED FOR A FUCKING JOB? I jacked my last job in, and had 3 interviews/job offers within a week - what's your fucking problem in doing the same?

Sometime, love, you haven't got a choice of working in Tescos or in your ideal job. You just have to take what comes along... what's stopping you taking employment at Tescos and looking for a job in the meantime whilst you earn money in a decent fashion?

Enough from me...
    Have you actually read my posts at all? I've applied for many many jobs - which I have written about in past posts I'm sure.
    I've had interviews at no end of places, all of which were unsuccessful, except for one, but then turned round and said we have no P/T jobs available only F/T sorry.
    Most of the places I have applied to have not even contacted me to tell me I was unsuccessful.

So excuse me, but you don't 'know' me. You don't see what I do. "from what you have written" - You shout at me, as if you think you know that I haven't actually applied for any jobs... why? Where's your proof? or do you always jump to conclusions based on nothing?

And, in past posts you would also see why I will not work in Tesco's. (Something about, Social Anxiety.. you may want to read up on my past posts.)

And, on the same subject, why is it, that if anyone's struggling to find work, they automatically qualify for a job in Tesco's, as if it's expected? I'm sorry, but I'm not going to work in a supermarket, because it's the 'done thing' for people wanting work. You talk as if it's a law that anyone seeking employment, must find the nearest supermarket and sign up. Well sorry, but no.
  • Options
    I will not work in Tesco's. (Something about, Social Anxiety...
    I'm not going to work in a supermarket, because it's the 'done thing' for people wanting work

without jumping on the bandwagon, which is it?

its the done thing for people to work in a supermarket because it doesnt actually require any qualifications or experience, is easy to get a job, and is normally reasonable if not good pay. Its not about status or avoiding doing the "done thing" like its a fashion to avoid so that you can be 'alternative' and 'different', its about earning a living.
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    its the done thing for people to work in a supermarket because it doesnt actually require any qualifications or experience, is easy to get a job, and is normally reasonable if not good pay. Its not about status or avoiding doing the "done thing" like its a fashion to avoid so that you can be 'alternative' and 'different', its about earning a living.

Well said pal.

Ilora - no, I personally haven't seen any posts about you getting a job. Sorry about that. I only get to come online when I'm not at work. :|

But my main point still stands, so read carefully:

Me - I have a job - I work 35 hours a week, NOT in my ideal job, to pay my bills and my rent to my Dad etc etc. I took this job so I can keep applying for other jobs that I would rather do, and earn money at the same time - which made more sense to me. I can't go out and enjoy a night out, or buy clothes I want or even need - I can't treat myself with the money I work hard for, because I help my family keep going.

You - You are 'looking' for a job, with no success so far because you're blatantly being picky/fussy about where you work. You claim benefits - which is fine, don't get me wrong - but you spend them in the most erratic fashion. £50 bras, holidays, etc etc.

My point is - people get annoyed at you for claiming benefits because of they way ypou boast about what you're spending the taxpayers money on. If you were to use some tact then nobody would ever know about your spending habits, and you would be free to spend as you like without judgement. If you talk about it on here, then you're opening it up to have people make opinions. It's a message board. Keep up.

ETA - before anyone thinks I'm having a pop, I'm not - I'm trying to explain it from someone else point of view - and Ilora, you don't seem to be picking it up. Out of interest, what kind of a job are you looking for? And why part time?
  • Options
    yeah FFS its about time you bit the bullet and take a job. i work 45+ hours a week in a job i cant stand, i have to do it because otherwise i'd probably be screwed for the rest of my life. Its a hard fact of life, people have to do jobs they dont like. In the past ive worked 35hours a week and had to work in a bar on friday and saturday nights, leaving me no time for myself, ive dont it because you need money to live.

and this crap about social anxiety is complete crap! if you had problems with that why arnt you claiming disabilities instead of JSA which most people go on who are genuinly seeking a job, ive been unemployed before for no longer than 2 weeks, in that time ive had interviews more or less everyday and then got a job. 8 months takes the piss.

whats wrong with a supermarket? shop? or even a fucking market stall, this is the exact reason that people hate dole dossers. people unwilling to work.

if i had my way i'd be making you dig a hole and fill it back in again before getting your cash to go and spend on £100 sets of underwear. wake up!

this is pretty much having a pop, and i dont care, because this kind of stuff pisses me off.

when me and my siblings were in our early years my mother had to work full time just to be able to afford to feed us as the state wouldnt pay enough to keep our family together, but she did it. luckily things are better now. but people who have a cushy life piss me off.

i see it a lot in these parts, people with their own cars and houses and have never worked a day in their lives, then their children go on to be exactly the same. its never ending.

rant over
  • Options
    Ilora - I think you should at least try a supermarket job. If you can't handle it, fair enough, but you don't know unless you try, and it gives you some experience at least.

It pisses me off when I have had to spend over half of the last year looking for ANY kind of job, with just £25 a month to live off (apart from food/housing etc, which my mum still pays for), and no Job Seeker's Allowance because I'm not old enough for it. I have to pay for everything I buy, unless it's my birthday or my mum feels like paying for a ticket to somewhere. I had to pay for half of my birthday present this year, even. I get a maximum of £60, usually £40, a week BEFORE tax. And I sure as hell can't afford to buy a £100 bra. I read somewhere that you use your savings account for it. I have to dig into my savings account to buy my lunch half the time, and jeans. I can only just (read: actually can't) afford to spend £30 on a pair of jeans that I needed. Granted, I spend more out of my savings than I should, but I would never in my wildest dreams spend £100 on something that wouldn't be seen, when I can just as easily go and get one for a tenner from New Look that does the same job.

I can barely afford anything, because by the time I get paid again, I owe people money for things because I ran out last month. And I don't go out. EVER. I don't drink, yes I smoke, but that's what? A tenner a week? Which I should be able to afford on my wages...BUT CAN'T.

You're taking the piss, Ilora, you really are. Please now go back and read the first part of my post. Thank you.
  • Options
    I'm on sixteen grand a year, so is the wife, and we can't afford £100 bras either. But then we don't have a mummy and daddy with more money than sense.

I'm not going to say any more about this, because I suspect this is going to be another Hellfire catfight. And the mods will ban someone, and it won't be the mickey-taking JSA fraudster.
  • Options
    I'd take any job i was offered right now, I'm gradually eating into my student overdraft. :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I'm not going to say any more about this, because I suspect this is going to be another Hellfire catfight. And the mods will ban someone, and it won't be the mickey-taking JSA fraudster.
    Quite. But that was the first time I felt the need to comment, after I realised she gets more a week on JSA than I do BEFORE I get my hard-earned money taken off me to pay for her £100 bras ;(.
  • Options
    Quite. But that was the first time I felt the need to comment, after I realised she gets more a week on JSA than I do BEFORE I get my hard-earned money taken off me to pay for her £100 bras ;(.

Join the club.

I was booted off JSA because the wife earned too much (her student loan knocked her over the limit ffs). I got off my arse and worked nights, just to get some money in. That went on the rent and council cunt tax.

She could wlak into any job, she's not stupid, she's just bone-idle. The best treatment for anxiety is to force a person to stand up to their fears, although I am dubious about any anxiety because she would be on incapacity benefit not JSA if this was medically verified.

Still, I shall await the day mummy and daddy tell her that enough is enough. She won't know what's hit her.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    She could wlak into any job, she's not stupid, she's just bone-idle. The best treatment for anxiety is to force a person to stand up to their fears.
    :yes: it took me...er...2 months to get my first job (and that was because they were desperate), and nearly 6 months to get my second, even though I was looking, because I was shit scared of even handing my CV in anywhere, but once I got to the jobs, especially this one, I've been fine. And I can even admit when I make mistakes...that NEVER happens.

Ilora - the best way to help you with your "anxiety disorder" is to face up to it.

And I still stand by my comment that even if you can't handle it after all, it's still worth TRYING in a supermarket, purely for the experience.
  • Options
    When I make posts about the sort of things I buy, I do not make them, to boast. I don't need to boast! I'm comfortable with only myself knowing what I buy...
    Some of my posts have been genuine questions; for example my Cheap Chanel Sunglasses thread. - the minute you see 'Chanel' I guarantee someone will make a complaint. So hear me out:
    Yes, I shop in places like Karen Millen, I also am in the process of buying Chanel sunglasses... but it never occurs to any of you, that these items may be, vintage, second hand or discount! I have never in my life paid full retail prices for anything. I am a bargain hunter and won't buy something unless it's either reduced, or in a sale of some sort...

And to all the people who keep repeating '£100 underwear sets' please get your facts straight. I did not pay £100 for anything. I spent £50... in the half price sale. I have never spent £100 on a bra, and I don't think I ever will. There's no need, when there's a sale! lol. Ahem.

And to whoever posted about 'what about shops?' - All I have been doing is applying for shop jobs. Most of them want retail experience, which I do not have.
    I do not have the confidence/ability to work in a large people filled supermarket. I have never enjoyed experiencing panic attacks, so I'm not applying to somewhere that will almost definitely have that effect.
    I'm only working Part time, because I study art based courses on a part time basis and therefore cannot study, if working full time.

If I need to ask a question about something, then I shall ask it. I do not ask questions as a way to 'boast' about anything. That is not what I'm about at all. I am sorry that you all feel that I brag or boast about my lifestyle, but I do not do it intentionally at all. I shall, in future try to use a bit more tact and diplomacy.. which is difficult for someone like myself.

I feel we've all said what we wanted to say, so I think we should leave it at that.
  • Options
    :yes: it took me...er...2 months to get my first job (and that was because they were desperate), and nearly 6 months to get my second, even though I was looking, because I was shit scared of even handing my CV in anywhere, but once I got to the jobs, especially this one, I've been fine.

That was the same with me.

It's easy to get stuck in a rut of being picky. I was burned out after uni, went on JSA, and didn't look as hard for work as I should have. That's not the problem I have with Ilora. I didn't go and blow the money on crap- it went on the bills. I didn't sit on my arse at home- I did all the housework and most of the cooking.
  • Options
    I do not have the confidence/ability to work in a large people filled supermarket. I have never enjoyed experiencing panic attacks, so I'm not applying to somewhere that will almost definitely have that effect.

How do you know it will until you try? I don't have confidence. Ask anyone that knows me, I don't have confidence in any sense of the word, but I can still work in one of the busiest shops in Braintree (not hard really, especially considering it's still new). As long as you know what you're doing, it's not hard. If there's a problem, or you don't know something, you call a manager who can handle it for you. They give you training, remember. Before I worked where I do now, I couldn't have made a proper latte or mocha or frappe if it killed me, but they trained me and now I get complimented on my coffees (w00t). You can go in with no experience in something and they give you training so you can do it. Supermarkets are always ALWAYS gagging for staff (round here, anyways). And they are always willing to take on people with no experience. Also, you will never get the confidence to get up in higher places unless you build it up by working somewhere shit. Almost everyone (apart from me, because I've been quite lucky, but I'm sure I will at some point) has worked somewhere shit like Tesco's, Sainsbury's, Burger King, MacDonald's.

And £50 is still more than I'd ever spend on a bra.
  • Options

I have to ask this... why is everyone dismissing the fact that she openly owns up to experiencing panic attacks? I personally feel that all the people telling her to work in a supermarket are heartless... if she knows that this situation will hurt her, then she knows.

I have known two girls suffer from what she is suffering from, one being a close friend... she was almost disqualified from her GCSE's because she couldn't handle being in school to study for them.... and it's not their fault! I know that my friend would of given anything to make them go away and im sure Ilora is the same. I have had a single panic attack myself, through extreme stress, and I couldn't imagine what it'd be like to have it as a everyday possibilty. I felt I was dying.

Work is difficult to find these days, especially with no experience and with owning up to certain difficulties. Everyone has hardships... this is obviously hers.
  • Options
    £50 bra's are still taking the piss when you're supposed to be on benefits you ignorant child.
  • Options
    And ignoring the fact that she has a medical problem is not ignorant?
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    I have to ask this... why is everyone dismissing the fact that she openly owns up to experiencing panic attacks?

i have a whole caboodle of (medically verified) anxiety disorders, including panic disorder, and i've been working since i was 15. there are certain jobs i wouldn't be comfortable doing, true, but there are shitloads more that i can do, and that i have done. if you spend life going 'i can't i can't i can't' you'll never achieve anything.

not to mention that i am a little sceptical about an anxiety disorder that allows the sufferer to go shopping and to gigs, but magically strikes at the idea of a good day's work.
This discussion has been closed.