Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What's The Best Thing You Got Because of The Internet?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I met the girl of my dreams online. :D However, it was all over in 18 months. :crying: Ah well, shit happens.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Ive gotten so much advice on so many different topics because of the internet, my knowledge of so many things has expanded due to the internet, its better than tv anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Ive gotten so much advice on so many different topics because of the internet, my knowledge of so many things has expanded due to the internet, its better than tv anyway.
    Yep, it has expanded my knowledge, and awareness, of many many different things too.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Met a few mates and learnt to write. I quit now tho, I suck at it.
  • Options
    internet?...hmmm a whole boat load of mp3s, some of the best mates anyone can ask for (mobily your idea last night was pure genious, i cant belive i was gonna do it though lol)

and of course last but not least (allways save the best till last eh?) my angel
  • Options
    Originally posted by Creeper
    and learnt to write.

ohhh, thats cool :D, i learned to read... kind of... but sometimes i still look at pictures and make up my own storys... and i get lots of music, and concert dates, and i talk to cool people and a really cool dude, and more music and thats about it i think... oh yea, and i can car shop too :)
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm amazed at the amount of people who met long term partners on the internet :eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    I'm amazed at the amount of people who met long term partners on the internet :eek:

Who'd have thought a project for the US Department of Defence would affect all our lives so much?

http://www.unf.edu/compserv/training/slides/internet_basics2/sld004.htm

And how many children that will be born to parents that met through the net!!!

..Although I used to work with an Italian girl who met her boyfriend on the telephone - she used to phone him up in Holland whilst she worked in Italy for work purposes and they'd never met in real life before - but she has one hell of a sexy accent and he asked her out - now she's moved to Holland to be with him!!
  • Options
    acid pro

so i can make ghetto beats and sell cd's to eat at university
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    don't be ...they're only holograms after all.
  • Options
    Hmm.. Well I met my ex on the internet (well actually his friend met my friend on the net, it's complicated) and he's now one of my best friends... also lots of music, books, exam revision stuff, clothes, and knowledge that has absolutely no relevance to anything.
  • Options
    oh yea, and a while ago i got a really kick ass pair of superstars on there too... shiny pink stripes :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    don't be ...they're only holograms after all.

Boom boom. Shoulda expected that from you though Mr. Roll:lol:
  • Options
    hmm I love the use of MSN .it's like 10 different phone conversations at once and my parents are paying:p to people who i don't see or wouldn't have the guts to phone and huge amounts of advice and i've met some damn good people and strengthened some friendship through hours of conversation!
    xxx
  • Options
    I've met quite a few people on the net, but most of them are freaks who i blocked, but there are few other people who i might even consider friends ( chaos_insomniac for one, but the other just dont come on thesite). I've also become more paranoid/less naive about ppl in the street. Im also a lot more wary of racist ppl, which is a downer, but i guess that was naivety (sp?) again.
    Oh and homework help, and self-esteem boosters :D
  • Options
    a bigger pee-pee

j/k, I'm female.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    Boom boom. Shoulda expected that from you though Mr. Roll:lol:
    you mean i've become predictable!
    i realy am turning into an old woman ...must change ...must change ...must ...thats it ...i'll be completely unpredictable from now on.