Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

281 Traitors

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know this is somewhat off topic but I went to a secondary school outside my catchment area because they had places. The school I went to has a catchment area that included some of the poorest people in Gateshead. The people whose catchment area it was didn't realise just how lucky they were to be getting into such a good school automatically!!
    I got 12 GCSEs (grades A* & A) and 5 A-Lelels (4 As, 1 B).

I therefore don't agree with what you are saying about catchment areas. The quality of teaching at a school has little to do with where it is. The teaching quality can be top class but if the students don't want to learn or don't have high abilities then it will always look, when examination marks are considered, like the school is performing badly.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by kevlar85
    Kermit I'm a member of the Labour Party and I'd trust a Tory over a Blairite

Glad we agree:)
    they may be wrong but at least they're honest.

My point exactly...though Im dubious as to how often they actually are wrong, tbh.

Archer rigged a trial, Aitken committed perjury how are they not political acts?

Civil cases about lies about private lives. Irrelevant to aptitude as a politician.

Did Ashton run or visit a brothel?

He was arrested in a massage parlour in Chesterfield during a police raid, after determining to stamp out prostitution in his HGillsbourough constituency.

Even if he did run a brothel it's no more corrupt than all those Tory ministers who coincidentally happened to join the boards of major British firms after they were privatised.

I assume you mean like the legions of BP staff sitting on Labour quangos, not benefitting at all from Bliar's lies over Iraqi oil.

Doncaster Council is no more corrupt than Westminster Council was in the late 80s - Homes for Votes anyone?

Yeah, but at least the Westminster corruption was limited to three or four people, not the whole frickin council. Who, concidentally, were endorsed by Blair during his "anti-sleaze" days.

How can you say Cook, Straw, Short and Beckett are criminals? :confused:

Straw, Short and Beckett have all been stopped for speeding at over 100mph on a motorway, before threatening the police with the old "do you know who I am?" routine. Makes me criminals in my book.