Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hilter

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone think that anywhere in the world will ever get like Hilter's Germany again?

I honestly dont think it will ever get that far,look what Hilter done,he took over most of Europe in about 10 years,what he done was a work of a genius,i dont support Hilter or any of his ways though.

He must have plotted this all while in jail after he was arrested for his role in the Munich Beer Hall Pustch?

Comments

• Options
    what he done was a work of a genius

More like the work of an insane lunatic.
  • Options
    It was more the work of Those under Hitler; Hitler's dictatorship was pretty weak. He would say he wanted somethig done, and his minions would rush around trying to do it best. This is where the Holocaust Denial arguement comes from as Hitler never signed anything as it was done all verbally.
  • Options
    Hitler's dictatorship was pretty weak

What!? I wouldn't think it was weak, it must have been extremely strong for Hitler to get his 'minions' to rush around so much. He had so much power over practically the whole country, and indoctrinated them, with propaganda, and his speeches.
    (I sounded quite enthusiastic there? Its what comes from having to do an AS German oral topic on Hitler, lol.)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Luce
    What!? I wouldn't think it was weak, it must have been extremely strong for Hitler to get his 'minions' to rush around so much. He had so much power over practically the whole country, and indoctrinated them, with propaganda, and his speeches.
    (I sounded quite enthusiastic there? Its what comes from having to do an AS German oral topic on Hitler, lol.)

Yes,i would agree that Hilter's whole system of everything was governed very strong and he took no cheek from anyone,anyone who tried to oppose Hilter was killed,simple as that,over and done with.

Hilter ran all of Germany from young children to adults, he had everybody concerned with the Fuher and made everyone swear an oath of total obiedence to him, he had the country by his hands.

His only mistake was attacking Russia, if he had have waitied and attacked it at a later stage he might have been unstoppable after defeating Britain.
  • Options
    I don't think that any part of the world will ever get like Hitler's regime again. If there was a threat then no doubt one country would bomb the shit out of them.
  • Options
    Hitler succeeded in engaging much of the people of Germany with populist claims and taking his party to victory. Thereafter he and his party managed to dismantle democracy and take absolute power pretty much uncontested. He then converted Germany into the biggest military force in the world. However Hitler himself was a bit of a disaster when it came to warfare, and had a different man been in charge the outcome of the war might have been different.

The man was an utter lunatic. You only need to get a copy of Mein Kampf and open it at random to see what demented psycho he was.

Whether the world will see another Hitler or another Nazi Germany emerge, it's not that improbable. In some aspects the Bush administration is starting to look like the Fourth Reich I must say.
  • Options
    You'd be a fool to not think it can happen again.

People are built up with the same qualities as the people who inhabitated earth a 1000 years ago, 2000 years ago, and so on.
    What is born within us, I am afraid, can't be erased.
  • Options
    *didnt actually add opinion before, u dumbass Lucy*
    No, Hitler's Germany won't happen again, as no one person would be able to gain such a powerful position so quickly, as Hitler did. He was appointed Kanzler, and only then because people underestimated his capabilities. The Depression in Germany at the time helped him by making people desperate enough to listen to his extreme views, but it's doubtful that a country will experience another Depression.
  • Options
    The hatred, fear and depression which led people to react as they did, will appear again.
    Maybe in another form. But it will.
  • Options
    It will happen again somehow but nowhere near as far as Hilter got it, he used the power of being a president and chancellor to back his views and to make people support them, he got rid of other people who didnt support his views, that destroys a democracy, Hilter done it.

In some aspects the Bush administration is starting to look like the Fourth Reich I must say.

In what aspects?
  • Options
    he used the power of being a president and chancellor to back his views and to make people support them, he got rid of other people who didnt support his views, that destroys a democracy

Sounds eerily similar to the sort of systematic agenda unfolding within another quite familiar administration...

(small sparks left unchecked eventually grow to large infernos and burn those in its path.)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    The hatred, fear and depression which led people to react as they did, will appear again.
    Maybe in another form. But it will.

I agree with you. Conditions at the moment aren't right to support a really powerful dictator, but in places of poverty dictatorships nearly always seems to thrive.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Luce
    but it's doubtful that a country will experience another Depression.

What on earth do you mean??

Firstly it wasn`t just Germany that was in depression, it was global.

Secondly, considering the way capitalist economy is more
    and more interconnected and interdependent I should have thought there was a greater possibility of global depression than before.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    What on earth do you mean??

Firstly it wasn`t just Germany that was in depression, it was global.

Secondly, considering the way capitalist economy is more
    and more interconnected and interdependent I should have thought there was a greater possibility of global depression than before.

Yes and who started the depression at this time which caused Hilter to rise to power...yes it was America.
  • Options
    why do you keep spelling it Hilter? you havent spelt it right once.
  • Options
    I always make that fucking mistake and i have a history exam tommorow.

I made it the whole way through my christmas test spelling Hitler like Hilter.

:banghead:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun2002
    In what aspects?

Death camps (Guantanamo, plans already afoot for an execution chamber), serious attacks of freedom of expression (persecution of those who dared speak against the war), ethnic cleansing (13,000 Muslims and Arabs about to be kicked out) and an Imperialist foreign policy of conquest (toppling of foreign governments, illegal wars and occupations, bullying of those who object and threats of further invasions) sustained by an overwhelming military machine.

On the other hand Bush doesn’t have a moustache.
  • Options
    Actually America is turning into a bit like Hitlers Germany but not as bad and they used a "good guy" front behind it all.
    Is this going to continue or is any country going to actually going to stand up to America? ie-France,Russia, Germany.

As in stand up i dont mean full out war but do something rather than follow this pathetic excuse for a leader of the most powerful nation on Earth.

Are we all doomed, does our future lie in the hands of this prick?
  • Options
    You'd be a fool to not think it can happen again.

People are built up with the same qualities as the people who inhabitated earth a 1000 years ago, 2000 years ago, and so on.
    What is born within us, I am afraid, can't be erased.
    I don't agree with much that Alastair Cook says, in fact his 'Letter From America' broadcast is usually impossible to listen to without the mind wandering off on another track, but one thing he said that makes sense (so much so that he's said it three times now) is that television has changed everything. Potentially expansionist dictators can't get away with stuff anymore.
  • Options

Fear.

Fear leads to Hate.

Hate leads to Anger.

Anger leads to the Dark Side.

Say what you like about the Star Wars films but sometimes when you look at them from a different direction there are lessons to be learned.

The last one was working up to show how we move from democracy to totalitarianism through fear. How we are happy to give up rights and freedoms inorder to protect those self same rights and freedoms...

When you consider that it was written before Bush came to power and the WTC attacks happens... I tell you George Lucas is clairvoyant...
  • Options
    The possiblity of a large economic depression are still very real although we now understand better the cuases and there are better controls and co-operation to prevent them, at leats in very powerful nations.

people seem to be taking a somewhat 'devloped world centric' view. There are many nations run by dictators who abuse human rights.......

With regards to a possible Bush 'good-guy' facade, many of the people of Germany and elsewhere saw Hitler as the good guy...........
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Fear.

Fear leads to Hate.

Hate leads to Anger.

Anger leads to the Dark Side.

IIRC, its fear --> anger --> hate --> suffering --> Dark Side... but I'm not really a Star Wars buff. Still a good line / maxim, though.
    The last one was working up to show how we move from democracy to totalitarianism through fear. How we are happy to give up rights and freedoms inorder to protect those self same rights and freedoms...

Let me reply with another quote, this one from Julius Caesar:
    "Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar."

Indeed, many of the changes taking place in the United States seem to be very worrying.
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShInE
    I don't think that any part of the world will ever get like Hitler's regime again. If there was a threat then no doubt one country would bomb the shit out of them.

Unless the country in question is too big and powerful for any other to risk attacking it.
  • Options
    Ceaser kicks ass, what a great quote.......:D

Is that from his hisorties/memoirs Mack?
  • Options
    Originally posted by MacKenZie
    IIRC, its fear --> anger --> hate --> suffering --> Dark Side... but I'm not really a Star Wars buff. Still a good line / maxim, though.

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering." For added authenticity, slow down and let your ears droop as you say "suffering".

Originally posted by RiSe & ShInE
    I don't think that any part of the world will ever get like Hitler's regime again. If there was a threat then no doubt one country would bomb the shit out of them

Ask yourself what happens when said country actually has a large arsenal of WMDs at its disposal; imagine if an ultra-hardline nationalist took control of Russia and decided to try and bring back the glory days of the Soviet Union. Now, Russia's nuclear stockpile may be old and poorly maintained, but if even a tenth of it still worked, would you want to live in the country that tried to stand up to them?
  • Options
    Hey MoK,

Here is a very interesting and disturbing comparitive of the rise of Hitler's control over Germany and that being systematically conducted by the Bush admin...

http://watch.pair.com/reich.html

I think it ties many loose ends together very succinctly!

Although, the end section goes a bit out on the limb with secret society type commentary, but the first part outlines some readily recognisable comparisons.
  • Options
    Here's what i was really searching for...

A little something once said by Hitler's propaganda master...
    "Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

-- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials
  • Options
    Hey, how dare you reproduce my old signature without permission? ;)
  • Options
    Did you have goering's quote as a siggy?

Thousand pardons! :blush:
  • Options
    Ooh, interestingly enough, I came across this page after i found the Goering quote,

Thought you might be interested to see this MoK...

http://www.snopes2.com/quotes/caesar.htm
  • Options
    hitler = bad