Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Saddams Wife and kids in Leeds

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well if they were directly threatening them then yes I would, obvioulsy with such large numbers I would call the police first.

If your current 'normal' neighbours who you know to be nice people had a crowd outside their house shouting at them and throwing things, what would you do?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg

If your current 'normal' neighbours who you know to be nice people had a crowd outside their house shouting at them and throwing things, what would you do?

you can't compare 'normal' neighbours to Saddams family. To be honest I dont even think I would compare them to your 'normal' refugee, purely based on the fact of who they are.

In normal circumstances if there was a problem outside my house then no I wouldnt go out, how the hell could I on my own stop them doing whatever they intend doing? Id be very silly if I even opened my door, its ok phoning the police which i would do but Im not going to endanger myself by even contemplating facing 50/100/150 angry people outside.
  • Options
    saddams cousin has been living a happy productive life in leeds. no one knew who he was. they now know. all the biggots will be round to harm a harmless and decent man.
    saddams daughters, husbands were executed by their father ...i would imagine they hate the bastard.
    but lets see what happens to saddams inocent cousin who was living peacefully until he tried to help out the daughters. i think the poor man will now be terrorised. shame on the bastards who take part.
  • Options
    Like I said, I very much doubt anyone would ever know where they lived if they are protected by injunctions.

And I don't even think they would attract that many crowds anyway. Most people who now say Saddam is the most evil man alive couldn't give a fuck about him or the Iraqis until Dubya and the Murdoch newspapers told them Saddam was evil. These people have typically short memories (amongst other shortcomings) and even if they did a bit of Sun-sponsored protesting it would only last a week before they get distracted by the latest Beckham haircut or go paedo-hunting.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    you can't compare 'normal' neighbours to Saddams family. To be honest I dont even think I would compare them to your 'normal' refugee, purely based on the fact of who they are.

Why not?

These people have done nothing worng that you or I know of, they are related to a bad person but that doesn't make them bad epople or peopole who don't deserve to be protected from scum.......

Would your opinion be the same about Hraold Shipmans nephew and his two daughters for example (I made them up but you get the point)
  • Options
    I think I mislead you there. I meant more of because they are refugees then they are not your normal neighbours. Also the fact of who they are.
    This is debating *refugees*, not your *normal* neighbour.

Sorry for the confusion.
  • Options
    I don't think you have expalined why it is different to live next to refugees than to people who were born in Britian.............
  • Options
    I don't think you have expalined why it is different to live next to refugees than to people who were born in Britian.............

we intitially werent talking about your *normal* neighbour, you brought that into the equasion. We were talking about if we lived next door to assylum seekers, then you brought normal neighbours in. Thats when i said you cant compare the two as they are different, moreso being Saddams family.

Even if i lived next door to a refugee and there were 50 or whatever people outside I still wouldnt go out to help, however I would call the police. The same as if my neighbours were not refugees.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo

Even if i lived next door to a refugee and there were 50 or whatever people outside I still wouldnt go out to help, however I would call the police. The same as if my neighbours were not refugees.

Well you dont sound like you'd be too fussed by the crowds!

Your basis for argument is like guilt by association, no ones accused his daughters of anything have they? Tis not them being accused of murdering thousands of innocent people.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    Well you dont sound like you'd be too fussed by the crowds!

I would be fussed by the crowds, why do you think I wouldnt go out to ANY confrontation of that size, regardless of what the confrontation was about. My safety comes before anyones, as Ive already said *im no hero*

Copy and pasted from earlier reply I made:
    If they ever were allowed to come to Britain I think there would be one big uproar, I personally would not like to live in the city where they live because I care for MY families safety before anyone else.

This is why I would not want them in my city........MY families safety.
  • Options
    Well that isn't an entirely unreasonable proposition though I am not sure that such an event would affect a whole city...........:confused:

The point though is a more general one, would you not make any sacrifices to protect these people?

If everyone thought that then a lot of things wouldn't be doen.......

I also don't understand why you think refugees attract trouble, I didn't think they did.........:confused:
  • Options
    Well that isn't an entirely unreasonable proposition though I am not sure that such an event would affect a whole city...........:confused:

The point though is a more general one, would you not make any sacrifices to protect these people?

If everyone thought that then a lot of things wouldn't be doen.......

I also don't understand why you think refugees attract trouble, I didn't think they did.........:confused:

Let me clarify something here.
    If Saddams wife was allowed to stay I feel that there would be one uproar, which I beleive I said in my 1st posting. I beleive that there would be people out to get them/ harm them/ scare them etc, so if I was just down the road from them YES I would be afraid for my safety, especially moreso if large numbers appeared (which I happen to think there would).
    Ive told you regardless of who they are if there was a large congregation outside I would NOT go outside, ok so im a fuckin wimp but I would not put my safety for someone in the street. Ive already said I would phone the police, what more do you want me to do? Risk my own safety? I dont think so.
    I never said refugees would attract trouble, I said I feel that if Saddams family came to Britain there would be one big uproar......see two totally different things.
  • Options
    Fair enough then.........

(Wimp :p )
  • Options

(Wimp :p ) [/B]

I know :p

I wouldnt want my good looks damaged now.....would I :p
  • Options
    Too true, who would attack a nun though?
  • Options
    Too true, who would attack a nun though?

Im not your normal nun......Im *Norty Nun* :naughty: