Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Saddams Wife and kids in Leeds

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    no i wouldn't leave my kids with him, but then again, i wasn't stupid enough to have kids with him...
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    His daughters are like in their early 30s :p
    :lol::lol:
    What a nob I am. I didn't know that, just imagined little kids :)
  • Options
    No, one is 35 and the other is 33. They're applying for asylum with their 10 children and their mother.

The reason they've chose Leeds is cos a relative (Saddams cousin) already lives there.
  • Options
    Where?
    The bastards better not come and live on my doorstep.
    :crying: What have I done to deserve this :crying: Said in the most sarcastic voice you can think of.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    We got murderers and rapists etc...dont see you all rushing to put them on a boat out of the country.

We haven't done that for over 200 years! Sorry to all the Aussies!
  • Options
    Its curious that many of you seem to think she was with him out of choice, do you really think so? I would doubt it.

As for him being a mass murderer, yes he probally is, but its not like there is dozens of other leaders who dont do that. If we went to war to install democracy and get rid of a nasty leader we have a lot more wars to wage.
    Hmmm, lets have a think;
    Zimbabwe
    North Korea
    Democratic Republic of Congo
    Congo
    Most of Central America
    Colombia
    Bolvia
    Libya
    Myanma (Burma)

And loads more. Too many even for the US to handle I would think.
  • Options
    Wait until I've graduated, then leave them in Bradford.

:nervous:
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda

As for him being a mass murderer, yes he probally is, but its not like there is dozens of other leaders who dont do that. If we went to war to install democracy and get rid of a nasty leader we have a lot more wars to wage.
    Hmmm, lets have a think;
    Zimbabwe
    North Korea
    Democratic Republic of Congo
    Congo
    Most of Central America
    Colombia
    Bolvia
    Libya
    Myanma (Burma)

And loads more. Too many even for the US to handle I would think.
    Yeah but that's neither here nor there. We shouldn't take families of depraved dictators from any country.
  • Options
    I just heard on the news that the Govt's said there is 'no way' Saddam's daughters will be allowed to take asylum in Leeds.

(courtesy of Virgin Radio!)
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    I just heard on the news that the Govt's said there is 'no way' Saddam's daughters will be allowed to take asylum in Leeds.

Well thats good news :D

Shit or is it......where will they go instead :nervous:
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day

Nice one.
  • Options
    I agree with the original post and 84% of the people responding to a pole on Sky News agree with you too. She's garbage. She was knocking the war and the West. Now if she was doing that out of fear it's one thing. But letting immigrants, and I don't care who they were married to, who hate your country into your country is stupid and dangerous. Let the radical Muslims, not the nice peaceful ones, who want to destroy the West, rot in the Middle East hell-on-earth they've created.
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    on teletext a minister was quoted as saying that they would have to go through the application process like everyone else :rolleyes:

Oh please dont.......if they cant go to leeds they may end up trying to get near us :nervous:
  • Options
  • Options
    Why do people not want to offer hospitality to women and children who have not been proved to have done anything wrong, are likely to be persecuted in their own country and have relatives here......

If they have commited crimes then they should be put on trial but otherwise we must presume them innocent.

There are 10 children there, why anyone want them to suffer?

And then people complain about the decline of values and get very upset about any threat to local children, thiunk about what you are saying..............
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    Why do people not want to offer hospitality to women and children who have not been proved to have done anything wrong, are likely to be persecuted in their own country and have relatives here......

They are not just any ordinary family now are they :rolleyes:
  • Options
    bit off topic here but not everyone in the world believes democracy to be the best thing invented. most iraqis want a strict religous leader now saddam has gone. the reason being they trust the words of a man of god ...the guy from the mosque ...over the words of worldy politicians and generals.
    the mass graves that have been found in iraq are the fault of george bush senior. after gulf war one he rallied the iraqi people to revolt against saddam, promising them full american financial, military and political help. thousands duly rose up and the americans turned their backs on them, resulting in thousands dying.
    the warehouse full of old skulls and other body parts, all cleaned and labelled which the americans flashed pictures of around the world as evidence of evil doings were realy the bodies of iranian fighters from the iran iraq war of the 80's when america paid saddam and armed him to fight against iran and gas the kurds! the bodies had been cleaned and prepared in a deal done with iran to exchange and return the remains of the dead from both sides of the war so they could be buried propperly in their own countries.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    They are not just any ordinary family now are they :rolleyes:
    Why should that be the most important factor.

Frankly I would have thought you of all people would be supporting those mothers in trying to keep their children safe, why would you want children to suffer, whoever they are related to?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    Why should that be the most important factor.

Frankly I would have thought you of all people would be supporting those mothers in trying to keep their children safe, why would you want children to suffer, whoever they are related to?

oh please dont try and imply that I do not think about the children, of course I do. I know it has nothing to do with them but they are such a high profile family.
    If they ever were allowed to come to Britain I think there would be one big uproar, I personally would not like to live in the city where they live because I care for MY families safety before anyone else.
  • Options
    if it happens the americans will invade.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I dont mind Asylum seekers as long as they are here for a geniune reason, but we are seen as a soft touch.

BUT I do NOT want Saddam's wife and kids in THIS COUNTRY never mind MY OWN CITY! We already have racial tension here, so lets dump the wife of the most hated man alive here :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Can't they (Sadam's family) bugger off and get asylum in France? The French will love them I'm sure.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    I dont mind Asylum seekers as long as they are here for a geniune reason

Definitely!

What I find intolerable is that they travel through numerous very developed countries, such as France and Germany, but decide to stay here. Surely if they are in genuine trouble, they'd happily and willingly stay in the first country outside the one from which they come instead of people so picky? This obviously suggests that they are not perhaps in so much danger as they might have us believe.
  • Options
    What very nasty comments and attitudes in this unpleasant thread!

I don't think anyone here knows whether Saddam's daughters and grandchildren were actually involved in anything. Chances are that they weren't. And chances are that they disagreed with Saddam's ruling or even plain hated him (remember Saddam had two of his sons-in-law shot after they briefly fled Iraq with Saddam's daughters).

So why on earth are some people making a fuss? Unless it is proven these people were involved in wrongdoing, how dares anyone to reject them, call them scum and so on? Is this what we have descended into? Fucking savages prepared to demonise (and some probably prepared to kill) persons because of family ties?

And here where go again with asylum seekers and immigrants. I'd advise a few people to read the Independent's comprehensive report on asylum and attitudes towards it released a couple of weeks ago. The link doesn't work anymore but you can read some highlights here. There is so much nastiness and bigotry in this country about certain issues it is shocking.

Any member of Saddam's family who had no part in human right abuses should be allowed in if they happen to be in genuine danger. Anyone who has a problem with this should have their heads examined, or perhaps crawl out of the arses of Bush and Blair, chuck the S*n and the Daily Mosley into the gutter and look at things from a humane angle. “Most hated man in the world” my fucking arse.
  • Options
    Aladdin - I kind of agree with you but do you think they will be left alone if they come to this country? I know if they came to Leeds they would get some shit. They wouldn't get put in a nice area but on one of the estates where racism issues are a problem anyway. Do you think they would live in peace? There windows would be put through, there kids bullied, petrol bombs in there front room. They would have been safer with Saddam.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    Aladdin - I kind of agree with you but do you think they will be left alone if they come to this country? I know if they came to Leeds they would get some shit. They wouldn't get put in a nice area but on one of the estates where racism issues are a problem anyway. Do you think they would live in peace? There windows would be put through, there kids bullied, petrol bombs in there front room. They would have been safer with Saddam.

agree totally !!!!

Aladdin you would be ok living next door to that abuse wouldn't you ? You wouldnt feel threatened yourself in that enviroment would you.

Yeah need I say anymore :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    Surely if they are in genuine trouble, they'd happily and willingly stay in the first country outside the one from which they come instead of people so picky? This obviously suggests that they are not perhaps in so much danger as they might have us believe.

err its also about being able to integrate into and become a valid member society - English is most likely to be the other language they have a grasp of. So the process of integrating and not having to rely on state benefits is easier.

the french don't exactly have a good track record with "Arabs" as they call them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by hobbs
    err its also about being able to integrate into and become a valid member society - English is most likely to be the other language they have a grasp of. So the process of integrating and not having to rely on state benefits is easier.
    Don't really know what your getting at here, but I'm pretty sure if they came to our country they would be provided a house and would live on benefits all at our expense.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss

That is a genuine concern. One thing is being concerned about their well-being here and possible problems with brain-dead 'vigilantes', and I kind of agree with that. But my rant was directed at the "they are scum, they have the blood of the most evil man in the Universe running through their bodies, don't let them in" mentality some have displayed here. I don’t' have much time for News of the World-reading lynch-mob attitudes.

And Becky, well that's always the case isn't it? Be a mobile phone mast, an airport runway or some "undesirable" immigrants, the Not In My Back Yard brigade will always be unhappy. But the fact remains that mobile phone masts are needed. New airport runways are requested. And if people are in need of genuine help and they are innocents, we should grant that help. If someone ends up living next to them, well that's life!