Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Should we go in and wipe out Hezbollah

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Heydrich
    That is FLAT OUT lie. The surrender of Japan was imminent yet the American civilian government intentionally and with malice, against Eisenhower, Leahy, and the American military leadership dropped two atomic bombs on Japan.

Stalin was an example of one of the biggest mass murderers in world history being armed to the teeth by the United States of America. Eastern Europe has America to thank for almost 50 years of savage Communist tyranny.

1. Engaging in a little revisionist history, aren't we, Heydrich? The ONLY member of the Japanese government who was suggesting surrender was the Ambassador to the Soviet Union. Every other member of the Government (a military dictatorship) was advocating defending the islands to the death. That was still true even after the first atomic bomb was dropped. It took the Hirohito forcing the issue to bring surrender about, despite the clear message of what the Japanese would face if they continued the war.

2. America is to thank for Stalin? We provided the Soviets with trucks, some tanks, some airplanes, during WWII.. but we didn't arm them to the teeth, they were quite capable of doing that themselves. The T-34, Il-2, Mig-9, JS-III, etc. were not produced in American factories.
    What do you think would have happened if we had not provided Lend-Lease to the Soviet Union? Germany would have won? Not the slightest chance in hell of that. Please, keep your fantasies to yourself.
  • Options
    LOL Denmark, even Somalia held out longer than Denmark. .

LOL Your STIL living in the 1940's? Nazi weirdo
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat
    1. Engaging in a little revisionist history, aren't we, Heydrich? The ONLY member of the Japanese government who was suggesting surrender was the Ambassador to the Soviet Union. Every other member of the Government (a military dictatorship) was advocating defending the islands to the death. That was still true even after the first atomic bomb was dropped. It took the Hirohito forcing the issue to bring surrender about, despite the clear message of what the Japanese would face if they continued the war.

2. America is to thank for Stalin? We provided the Soviets with trucks, some tanks, some airplanes, during WWII.. but we didn't arm them to the teeth, they were quite capable of doing that themselves. The T-34, Il-2, Mig-9, JS-III, etc. were not produced in American factories.
    What do you think would have happened if we had not provided Lend-Lease to the Soviet Union? Germany would have won? Not the slightest chance in hell of that. Please, keep your fantasies to yourself.

For once I agree with you Greenhat!
  • Options
    Oh Greenhat, I do wish youd watch the world with open eyes, rather than blindly follwing whichever right-wing facist is in Washington.

Surrender was not imminent but WWII was almsot at its conclusion, it wouldnt have cost many more US lives to fight the war conventionally. It was a "dont fuck with us" message to Stalin, with whom relations had already deteriorated badly because of everyones favourite fascist George Kennan.

The USA didnt appease Stalin, they sanctioned what he was doing. In order to maintain their financial interests in West Germany the USA allowed Stalin to do what he did in Hungary and in Poland, the US were too afraid of losing their dough to prevent Stalins more dictatorial traits.

And thast the trouble with the US administration- its too damn hypocritical. Suharto is fine cos he allows Shell in his ocuntry, same with the Junta in Myanmar, but Saddam is evil beacsue he doesnt. And because the right-wing Zionists seem intent in destroying all Arabs.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Simbelyne
    LOL Your STIL living in the 1940's? Nazi weirdo

Only argue in here if you ahve the intelligence to at least TRY to justify what you say. Even pnj manages that at least, and hes as simple as two short planks.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Only argue in here if you ahve the intelligence to at least TRY to justify what you say. Even pnj manages that at least, and hes as simple as two short planks.

He constantly talks about WWII from a Nazi POV, he uses the name of a Nazi as his nick and he is openly fascist in his views.
  • Options
    That is FLAT OUT lie.

I feel like I'm talking to someone who's posting from an old age home with you. So I hope my arguments to cause you to wing out too much. The bomb saved thousands of American lives as well as Japanese. The Japanese were ordered to commit suicide. Also, you fail to mention the torture and cannibalism the Japanese committed against the Australians and Americans in Baatan. Unlike the Iraqi war, civilian casualties were used in WW2 to foster surrender...that's why Dresdon was bombed the way it was.
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    I feel like I'm talking to someone who's posting from an old age home with you. So I hope my arguments to cause you to wing out too much. The bomb saved thousands of American lives as well as Japanese. The Japanese were ordered to commit suicide. Also, you fail to mention the torture and cannibalism the Japanese committed against the Australians and Americans in Baatan. Unlike the Iraqi war, civilian casualties were used in WW2 to foster surrender...that's why Dresdon was bombed the way it was.

Valid point. Every country in WW2 committed war crimes. The nuclear bombs saved hundreds of thousands of americans and japanese. If Iwo Jima had been repeated on the scale of the japanese mainland the casualties would have exceeded hiroshima+Nagasaki.
  • Options
    I feel like I'm talking to someone who's posting from an old age home with you. So I hope my arguments to cause you to wing out too much. The bomb saved thousands of American lives as well as Japanese.

Once again you are LYING. Both Eisenhower and Admiral Leahy admitted dropping the atomic bombs on Japan were totally unecessary. That was the same conclusion reached by the U.S. Strategic Bombing Survey as well.

"The use of this barbarous weapon at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan. The Japanese were already defeated and ready to surrender. . . .

In being the first to use it, we . . . adopted an ethical standard common to the barbarians of the Dark Ages. I was not taught to make war in that fashion, and wars cannot be won by destroying women and children."

-- Admiral Leahy

The Decision to Use the Atomic Bomb, p. 3

"The Japanese position was hopeless even before the first atomic bomb fell, because the Japanese had lost control of their own air."

-- Henry H. "Hap" Arnold, Commanding General of the U.S. Army Air Forces

"LEMAY: The war would have been over in two weeks without the Russians entering and without the atomic bomb.
    THE PRESS: You mean that, sir? Without the Russians and the atomic bomb?

LEMAY: The atomic bomb had nothing to do with the end of the war at all.

-- Major General Curtis E. LeMay, Commander of Twenty-First Bomber Command,

"MacArthur once spoke to me very eloquently about it, pacing the floor of his apartment in the Waldorf. He thought it a tragedy that the Bomb was ever exploded. MacArthur believed that the same restrictions ought to apply to atomic weapons as to conventional weapons, that the military objective should always be limited damage to noncombatants. . . . MacArthur, you see, was a soldier. He believed in using force only against military targets, and that is why the nuclear thing turned him off. . . . "

-- President Richard Nixion

"The Japanese had, in fact, already sued for peace before the atomic age was announced to the world with the destruction of Hiroshima and before the Russian entry into the war. . . .The atomic bomb played no decisive part, from a purely military standpoint, in the defeat of Japan. . . ."

-- Chester W. Nimitz, Commander in Chief of the Pacific Fleet, New York Times, October 6, 1945

"The first atomic bomb was an unnecessary experiment. . . . It was a mistake to ever drop it. . . . [the scientists] had this toy and they wanted to try it out, so they dropped it. . . . It killed a lot of Japs, but the Japs had put out a lot of peace feelers through Russia long before. "

-- Admiral William F. Halsey, Jr., Commander U.S. Third Fleet

"During his [Stimson] recitation of the relevant facts, I had been conscious of a feeling of depression and so I voiced to him my grave misgivings, first on the basis of my belief that Japan was already defeated and that dropping the bomb was completely unnecessary, and secondly because I thought that our country should avoid shocking world opinion by the use of a weapon whose employment was, I thought, no longer mandatory as a measure to save American lives. . . . "

-- Dwight Eisenhower

"It is my opinion at the present time that a surrender of Japan can be arranged with terms that can be accepted by Japan and that will make fully satisfactory provisions for America's defense against future trans-Pacific aggression. "

-- Admiral Leahy
    The Japanese were ordered to commit suicide. Also, you fail to mention the torture and cannibalism the Japanese committed against the Australians and Americans in Baatan.

The Japanese had already sued for peace. The Japanese were defeated and they knew it as well. Dropping the atomic bombs on Japan from the military standpoint was utterly unecessary.
    Unlike the Iraqi war, civilian casualties were used in WW2 to foster surrender...that's why Dresdon was bombed the way it was.

Yes, the allies deliberately targeted civilian populations in order to MURDER hundreds of thousands of innocent people.
  • Options
    Yes, the allies deliberately targeted civilian populations in order to MURDER hundreds of thousands of innocent people.

As did all sides. It was barbaric all round.
  • Options
    1. Engaging in a little revisionist history, aren't we, Heydrich?

History is the constant reinterpretation of the past.
    The ONLY member of the Japanese government who was suggesting surrender was the Ambassador to the Soviet Union.

The U.S. Strategic Bombing Survey concluded that it was utterly unnecessary to drop the atomic bomb on Japan. Eisenhower, Leahy, MacArthur, and Nimitz were all utterly opposed to the savagery of using atomic weapons on Japanese civilians.
    Every other member of the Government (a military dictatorship) was advocating defending the islands to the death. That was still true even after the first atomic bomb was dropped. It took the Hirohito forcing the issue to bring surrender about, despite the clear message of what the Japanese would face if they continued the war.

Unsupported accusations. Truman was advised to modify the surrender terms by . . .

1. by Acting Secretary of State Grew on May 28, 1945;
    2. by former President Herbert Hoover in a May 30, 1945 memorandum;
    3. by Grew again on June 13, 1945;
    4. by Counsel to the President Samuel I. Rosenman on June 17, 1945;
    5. by Grew once more on June 18, 1945;
    6. by Assistant Secretary of War McCloy on June 18, 1945;
    7. by Admiral Leahy on June 18, 1945;
    8. by the State Department in a formal recommendation of June 30, 1945;
    9. by Under Secretary of the Navy Ralph Bard on July 1, 1945 (it appears from certain evidence);
    10. by Secretary of War Stimson (with the support of Secretary of the Navy Forrestal and Grew) on July 2, 1945;
    11. by Stimson again on July 16, 1945;
    12. by Churchill on July 18, 1945;
    13. by the Joint Chiefs of Staff on July 18, 1945;
    14. by Stimson on July 24, 1945.

2. America is to thank for Stalin? We provided the Soviets with trucks, some tanks, some airplanes, during WWII..

Absolutely.
    but we didn't arm them to the teeth, they were quite capable of doing that themselves. The T-34, Il-2, Mig-9, JS-III, etc. were not produced in American factories.

They were produced in factories in the Soviet Union - BUILT BY AMERICANS.
    What do you think would have happened if we had not provided Lend-Lease to the Soviet Union? Germany would have won?

Germany and its European allies would have annihilated Communism in Europe if it had not been for the Americans who industrialized the USSR, which armed it to the teeth, and supported its savage conquest of Europe.
    Not the slightest chance in hell of that. Please, keep your fantasies to yourself.

There is not the slightest chance in hell the USSR would have been able to conquer Eastern Europe if it had not been for AMERICANS industrializing the Soviet Union in the first place, saving the Soviet Union from collapsing into famine in the 1920s, and supporting it with massive amounts of foreign aid throughout most of its existence.
  • Options
    As did all sides. It was barbaric all round.

Only one side used atomic weapons in anger.
  • Options
    And only one side used gas chambers to exterminate 6m people.
  • Options
    And only one side used gas chambers to exterminate 6m people.

Show me the bodies of the six million people who died in gas chambers. Give me their six million names.
  • Options
    Show me the bodies of the six million people who died in gas chambers. Give me their six million names.

I'm sorry? Did you actually just say that? have you not seen the pictures? Listened to the survivors? That comment is absolutely disgusting.
  • Options
    I'm sorry? Did you actually just say that? have you not seen the pictures? Listened to the survivors? That comment is absolutely disgusting.

Once again, show me the six million bodies. Show me autopsies of the six million people who were supposedly "gassed." What are the names of the six million Jews who died? Would they be the same Jews who sued for reperations after the war was over, the same Jews who apparently were large enough to found the State of Israel?

Do you deny the Romans killed several billion Jews? Do you deny the Holocaust? ROFL

1948ausplaq.gif

Four million people suffered and died here at the hands of the Nazi murderers between the years 1940 and 1945."

1990ausplaq.gif

"For ever let this place be a cry of despair and a warning to humanity, where the Nazis murdered about one and a half million men, women and children, mainly Jews from various countries of Europe. Auschwitz-Birkenau 1940-1945."

No wonder its illegal to deny the Holocaust in Germany. Someone might then have to explain how 2.5 million people who were supposedly killed by the Nazis came back to life.
  • Options

Oh, you are connected to the kind who believed the Iraqi information minister.
  • Options
    You are beyond cure Heydritch...

I suppose you don't believe the Moon exists either. And for all you know the Earth is flat as well.
  • Options
    Oh, you are connected to the kind who believed the Iraqi information minister.

Six millions people were killed by the Nazis in gas chambers it is claimed. Who were they? What are the names of these 6 million people?
    I suppose you don't believe the Moon exists either. And for all you know the Earth is flat as well.

Europeans used to believe the Earth was flat. Many people were actually burned at the stake for witchcraft for denying it as well just like people are imprisoned today for denying the so-called Holocaust - the sacred cow of this age.
  • Options
    Six millions people were killed by the Nazis in gas chambers it is claimed. Who were they? What are the names of these 6 million people?

Europeans used to believe the Earth was flat. Many people were actually burned at the stake for witchcraft for denying it as well just like people are imprisoned today for denying the so-called Holocaust - the sacred cow of this age.

Are you disputing that it actually happened?
  • Options
    Are you disputing that it actually happened?

I absolutely deny the German government killed six million Jews in gas chambers. I also deny the Romans killed several billion Jews for there were not several BILLION people in the world during those times. Who are these people? What are their names? Did the 2.5 million people who supposedly died at Auschwitz come back to life? Do the Holocaust liars admit the German Government was falsely accused of killing 2.5 million people?
  • Options
    Firstly, Why are you talking about Romans?

Secondly, do you not believe the Russian, american and British soldiers who saw the death camps? The photographers whose inadmissable evidence still haunts me from when I first looked at it in a school textbook in year9? The german citizens who had to clear it up? do you wish me to go on?
  • Options
    Let me ask you: how many people do you think the Nazis murdered then? And do you think it makes it any less evil if they had killed 2m instead of 6m?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Simbelyne

Secondly, do you not believe the Russian, american and British soldiers who saw the death camps? The photographers whose inadmissable evidence still haunts me from when I first looked at it in a school textbook in year9? The german citizens who had to clear it up? do you wish me to go on?

Heydrich:
    Russian, American and British soldiers where bribed by the Jews to tell horific stories.
    Photos were manipulated, and people with tattoos did them so they could claim money... etc.
  • Options
    Heydrich, it was a different time...not your government today. It makes us all want to keep an eye on our politicians and abuses of power. But it did happen.

You, for your own sake, need to learn how to hate less. You're going to ruin your life with hate by always being angry. Whatever religion you are. Think about it. Do all people in your relgion think the same? If your answer is no than why would you think all people of another religion would think the same?
  • Options

In the Talmud, it is claimed the Romans killed several billions Jews by wrapping them in scrolls and setting them on fire.
    Secondly, do you not believe the Russian, american and British soldiers who saw the death camps?

I believe Russian, American, and British soldiers saw what happens in concentration camps when a nation is collapsing, large numbers of people die of sickness and disease. I have seen similar photos from the American War Between the States in Andersonville, GA. This does not mean the Confederates were gassing Union soldiers.
    The photographers whose inadmissable evidence still haunts me from when I first looked at it in a school textbook in year9?

Here is a survivor of Andersonville POW camp. Was the Confederacy gassing Union soldiers too?

andersonville.gif
    The german citizens who had to clear it up? do you wish me to go on?

Plenty of Boers died in British Concentration Camps in the Boer War. Tens of thousands of them in fact. Does this mean the UK was gassing these people to death?
    Heydrich:Russian, American and British soldiers where bribed by the Jews to tell horific stories.Photos were manipulated, and people with tattoos did them so they could claim money... etc.

LOL

AuschwNoSmoke.JPEG

Original photo published in The Auschwitz Album (New York: Random House, 1981), p. 126 (photo 183). It shows Hungarian Jews shortly after their arrival at Auschwitz. They appear to be relaxed.

AuschwSmoke.JPEG

In 1997 the Simon Wiesenthal Center [SWC] posted the same photo on its Website captioned: "As these prisoners were being processed for slave labor, many of their friends and families were being gassed and burned in the ovens in the crematoria. The smoke can be seen in the background." It is dated "June 0, [sic] 1944."
  • Options
    They appear to be relaxed.

Almost just as much as you appear to be sane.
  • Options
    Almost just as much as you appear to be sane.

camp.jpg
  • Options
    You can dig up all the Nazi apologist shit you want Heydrich... you'll only be deluding yourself. I can point you to whole websites devoted to prove that the Moon doesn't exist. Funnily enough they are very similar in composition to the nonsense you post in here. Half-truths, vague information and lots of photographs that prove fuck all.

Unless of course the reader wants to believe the shit presented to them, in which case everything makes perfect sense.
  • Options
    Heydritch

NOONE has claimed that the brits or anyone else gassed people held in concentration camps. The only country known to have gassed people is Germany.

If they weren't being gasserd, why the HUGE shipments of zyklon B, a pesticide which vaporises at external body temp [ie a tab is dropped in, and dues to the number of people it turns to a gas] and is fatal t humans?

WHy the suits, which have haircloth lining, found in berlin WITH TRACES OF ZYKLON B ON THEM, and made with hair from auscwitz?

why the huge rooms full of false limbs

you really make me despair. have you ever been to any of the camps there? or Lidice, a village that was wiped out [literally levelled] by the germans in the Czech Republic?

you are a sickening individual