Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

speed and exersice

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the reason why people dont mug people etc for nicotine is because its legal, cheap and easily available. If heroin was made as easily available people wouldnt need to commit crime to get it.
  • Options
    Hi Zella

I'm what one could call a post-seasoned user and abuser of several banned substances and take it from me you do not want to mix amphetamines (speed) with exercise.
    When exercising your heart rate increases tremendously, sometimes people often feel nauseas right after a hard workout. When you snort or bomb speed your heart rate will also race, you will be putting your heart under more pressure than is safe. Not to mention the blood vessels in your brain.
    I'm assuming if you're at the point of considering drugs to aid weightloss then you are perhaps a bit overweight- this will only enhance the dangers again.

My advice is loose weight naturally and besides, you'd only talk shite at the gym when full of it anyway :crazyeyes

marblecat
  • Options
    Originally posted by marblecat
    My advice is loose weight naturally and besides, you'd only talk shite at the gym when full of it anyway :crazyeyes

that is very true - EVERYONE will know youre on something. take it from someone whos embarrased themselves far too many times.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    the reason why people dont mug people etc for nicotine is because its legal, cheap and easily available. If heroin was made as easily available people wouldnt need to commit crime to get it.

Well i couldnt agree more with you there i think if someone wants to take something then there guna take it whatever anyone says so why not let them have it on perscription then at least they wouldnt have to go out and take someone elses stuff to feed there habit.A doctor did it down south somewhere i forget where but there was a program on it a bit back and it cut the crime rate about 85% in a matter of weeks. I mean dont just hand it out like no tommorow i mean they have to give a urine sample every week and if any street gear was found then theyd get kicked off no question. I dont know where you buy ya cigs from lol but last time i looked at them in the shop i couldnt believe it cors no one buys them from the shop do they and who can blame them .
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by wappy
    If nicotine was as addictive as heroin you`d have half the uk going out mugging old ladys and robbing peoples house for a packet of cigs. Which thank goodness we dont the worst thing ive come accross to get off wasnt heroin it was alcohol when that gets its grips on ya your in for one hell of a job getting off it.

(Bit of cut and paste here! ;))

ADDICTION CRITERIA

* Taking the drug more often or in larger amounts than intended.

* Unsuccessful attempts to quit; persistent desire, craving.

* Excessive time spent in drug seeking.

* Feeling intoxicated at inappropriate times, or feeling
    withdrawal symptoms from a drug at such times.

* Giving up other things for it.

* Continued use, despite knowledge of harm to oneself and others.

* Marked tolerance in which the amount needed to satisfy
    increases at first before leveling off.

* Characteristic withdrawal symptoms for particular drugs.

* Taking the drug to relieve or avoid withdrawal.

According to large Government surveys of alcohol users, only
    about 15 percent are regular. dependent drinkers. Among cocaine
    users, about 8 percent become dependent. For cigarettes, the
    percentage is reversed. About 90 percent of smokers are
    persistent daily users, and 55 percent become dependent. Only 10 percent are occasional users.

Surveys also indicate that two-thirds to four-fifths of smokers
    want to quit but cannot, even after a number of attempts.

Dr. Jack E. Henningfield of the National Institute on Drug Abuse
    and Dr. Neal L. Benowitz of the University of California at San
    Francisco ranked six substances based on five problem areas.

Withdrawal: Presence and severity of characteristic withdrawal
    symptoms.

Reinforcement: A measure of the substance's ability, in human
    and animal tests, to get users to take it again and again, and in
    preference to other substances.

Tolerance: How much of the substance is needed to satisfy
    increasing cravings for it, and the level of stable need that is
    eventually reached.

Dependence: How difficult it is for the user to quit, the relapse
    rate, the percentage of people who eventually become dependent,
    the rating users give their own need for the substance and
    the degree to which the substance will be used in the face of
    evidence that it causes harm.

Intoxication: Though not usually counted as a measure of
    addiction in itself, the level of intoxication is associated with
    addiction and increases the personal and socIal damage a
    substance may do.
    .COMPARATIVE DATA CHARTS

1 = Most serious 6 = Least serious

HENNINGFIELD RATINGS

Substance Withdrawal Reinforcement Tolerance Dependence Intoxication

Nicotine 3 4 2 1 5
    Heroin 2 2 1 2 2
    Cocaine 4 1 4 3 3
    Alcohol 1 3 3 4 1
    Caffeine 5 6 5 5 6
    Marijuana 6 5 6 6 4

BENOWITZ RATINGS

Substance Withdrawal Reinforcement Tolerance Dependence Intoxication

Nicotine 3* 4 4 1 6
    Heroin 2 2 2 2 2
    Cocaine 3* 1 1 3 3
    Alcohol 1 3 4 4 1
    Caffeine 4 5 3 5 5
    Marijuana 5 6 5 6 4

In some cases the dependance to nicotine has been descibed as 25 times the strength to heroin. Though puting a value on the addictiveness of a substance is never going to be very accurate!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I thought nicotine was classed as the most addictive drug on the market it terms of the % of people who after one smoke go on to be addicted to it.

As for there being no 'withdrawl' from speed, well I guess your the person who is different. Most people have a nasty time of it, and I dont think its just the lack of energy thats the problem, its the mind set, when I stopped I was obsessing about it for ages afterwards and it really wasnt healthy.
  • Options
    If you do that you'll end up having heart attack or something! I read somewhere that shagging all night on ecstasy is the equivilant of running 2 marathons...so I presume its the same with speed.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda

As for there being no 'withdrawl' from speed, well I guess your the person who is different. Most people have a nasty time of it, and I dont think its just the lack of energy thats the problem, its the mind set, when I stopped I was obsessing about it for ages afterwards and it really wasnt healthy.
    I thought you still did it?????
  • Options
    On a very occational basis, not daily like I used to. So its ok and totaly healthy for me to do so.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    So its ok and totaly healthy for me to do so.
    LOL, yes i can see its for medicinal purposes only. just what the doctor ordered!
  • Options
    Glad you can understand.
  • Options
    speed has its good sides and its bad,take it from someone that knows! b4 i started taking speed i was a size 20 i am now a size 12 thats the good side! the bad side,wow where 2 begin! mouth ulcers,constipation,dry mouth,mood swings the list is endless! but hey no pain no gain!
  • Options
    Originally posted by angie28
    speed has its good sides and its bad,take it from someone that knows! b4 i started taking speed i was a size 20 i am now a size 12 thats the good side! the bad side,wow where 2 begin! mouth ulcers,constipation,dry mouth,mood swings the list is endless! but hey no pain no gain!
    except you were probably healthier as a size 20 than as a size 12 speed freak. but hey, who cares about health as long as your skinny. isnt that the general idea these days?