Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

speed and exersice

if i take speed just before i go for a work out in the gym or somthing would it quicken the time it would normally take me to get into shape?
i'm wonder cos my mates were taking about it and i got curious....im not thinking of taking them tho.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    no, but it would give you more energy to be able to exercise longer and it would decrease your appetite, thats why a lot of speed freaks lose weight. You would probably suffer for it in the comedown though
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    You would probably suffer for it in the comedown though

Eurgh...I can handle pill comedowns and the like, but no, wouldn't touch a speed comedown with a barge pole. Pure, 100% nastiness. :crazyeyes
  • Options
    White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    hmm, i've found there isn't much of a difference in the comedown for pills n speed. Cept maybe u get a tad bit more sleep with pills.

i say try it, go for the indoor human speed record on a tredmill!!!:lol:
  • Options
    well now im thinking that getting into shape out weighs the bad side of a speed come down. do you think i should try it.....im deperate to get thin and toned and this seem like a easy way to go about it. although i am very very scared about the addictiveness of it all.
  • Options
    i am very very scared about the addictiveness of it all.

so true. on the down side u might start taking some when ure not off to the gym just for the buzz.

i say give it a go for a week, whats the worst that could happen..... :chin:
  • Options
    I wanna try it soo much, is it addictive?
  • Options

i've heard it can be. haven't really done it enough to find out the truth. best thing to do is check out the internet. theres loadsa different info sites out there, some blatently biased but some good. use ure noggin a bit and find one that shows both sides of the arguement.

personally its pretty cool, not as good as pills tho :D

good luck!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by jellygirl
    yes, take it from me, it can be very addictive, but youre unlikely to get addicted from using it occasionally, If you use it too often then your body forgets how to stay awake without it, and you just cant do anything unless youve had some - take it from someone who knows.
  • Options
    Is speed addictive? Good question but also a very wierd one if you ask me.
    Some people just fall in love with speed, you rack up that first line and even before you've done it you like the stuff, the little burn and then creaping energy and euphria.
    However some just dont like it, the burn is too much and theres nothing to it, to much like life just faster.
    So I'd say if your going to try it, it could be love at first snort and then even if you dont really have a 'problem' with it you will have to watch yourself very very closely.

As for speed and exercise, there are relatively serious health problems, as in the speed and exercise could put a lot of strain on your heart etc. I'd say small oral doses would be best.
    It will help you trim down your fat reserves but I dont think it will help you build muscle as such. You will burn fat quicker because of the way speed works.
    BUT its not like you can just use the speed to get thin, I'd say your best option would be to eat better, exercise more and only use the speed to trim off some of your fat reserves when your dont the gym twice a week.
    However if you get addicted dont say we didnt warn you.
  • Options
    If you take speed before a workout, it can put too much strain on your heart. You can also train too hard and end up injuring yourself.
  • Options
    Speed seems good but the imsomnia just isn't worth it. Done it a few times and it doesnt get easier. Your entire body is exhausted but your brain just wont sleep. It really is horrible. Even with a mate to talk to in the end you both just end up staring into space wishing it was over.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sharkky
    Speed seems good but the imsomnia just isn't worth it. Done it a few times and it doesnt get easier. Your entire body is exhausted but your brain just wont sleep. It really is horrible. Even with a mate to talk to in the end you both just end up staring into space wishing it was over.

So true.
    The amount of times I've been in that exact situation. Idon't like speed anymore. :p
    I think personally, that using speed to lose weight/help prolong an exercise routine is a bad idea. Surely the downsides must outweigh the bad. Like your body rejecting it all because of all the energy used and an incapability to eat.
    Or wouldn't they sell speed or something similar as diet pills?
    Oh wait. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    The insomnia can be preaty bad but if she was going to use it during the day that wouldnt be a great problem.

As for the comedown from speed, its really nothing like from beans, I just get exhasted but I dont get the nasty depression like side effects you can get from pills. Unless you really push it and you've been awake for 40+ hours that is.
  • Options
    Hmmm....I dunno. I always find speed comedowns a hell of a lot worse than pill comedowns. On pill comedowns, if I can just sit somewhere n listen to some music or watch TV or something I feel content, especially if there's a joint or two. But with speed, eurgh, it's just horrible depression for me no matter what I do, a thumping head and what feels like a broken glass bottle in my stomach, coupled with the fact I can barely eat anything at all.
    Maybe it's personal...one person may find a certain comedown bearable, and another find it torture?
  • Options
    I used to solve the comedown problem by just taking more and more speed. Not really recommended though.
  • Options
    Re: speed and exersice
    Originally posted by Zella
    if i take speed just before i go for a work out in the gym or somthing would it quicken the time it would normally take me to get into shape?
    i'm wonder cos my mates were taking about it and i got curious....im not thinking of taking them tho.

Nah thats bollocks !!!

If you are training to gain weight and muscle speed is the last thing you want.

When you train you need to load your body with protein to rebuild the muscles and energy you have used. If you are speeding then you are not going to want to eat.

You may get some definition but wont get any bigger its also bad for your heart.

Your body is like an engine, it needs fuel to work, you probably will be wasting your time and energy.

:)
  • Options
    It depends whether she wants to trim off excess fat or to build muscle tone.
    Your right for muscle mass then speed wont help you at all, but if your trying to trim off fat then it could help, however the drawbacks may well out weigh the positives.
  • Options
    in general people dont take illegal drugs for the good of their health.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    It depends whether she wants to trim off excess fat or to build muscle tone.
    Your right for muscle mass then speed wont help you at all, but if your trying to trim off fat then it could help, however the drawbacks may well out weigh the positives.

I didnt realise she was a girl !

The chances are then when you came off your speed diet you would put the weight back on again.
  • Options
    Speed is a good way to lose weight but it your after getting in to shape i dont realy think its a great idea.It does give you more energy or at least makes you think you have more energy.Trouble can be it lowers your appetite when you first start using it but doesnt give you the vitamins that you are missing from eating your normal meals.Plus doesnt do ya belly any favours if you take it on an empty stomach. Ive been on speed for bout two / two half year and had to force food down at first but it doesnt effect my eating now unless i take alot then have something straight after .As for the come down when you first have it its prity crappy to say the least but force a bit a food down couple of sleeping tablets and sleep it off is what i did but like i said bout eating mi bodys used to it so dont have much probs now .As for is it addictive well ive been addicted to alcohol and heroin and if ya talking that addiction no its not .But you can get addicted to the buzz you get.But theres no side affects like heroin /alcohol ya just feel crappy for a few days.If you ever cant do with the come down theres a way round it thats dont let your self come down but its not a very good idea as its twice as bad as it would have been anyway.Take lots of vitamins if you do and dont over do it good luck
  • Options
    hya wappy, got your pm but an to friggin stoned tonight .
    i too have been a serious speed freak. one way of maintaining healthy bones and liver and kidneys and living to a ripe old age is to swallow one little cap of cod liver oil every day. it was one of my demented theories years ago. somewhere about 2yrs back i came across an article, cod liver oil is a must for people who's appetite has been restricted by drugs, anorexia, poverty and stuff. the benefits are long term. i have seriously abused my body for longer than most of you lot have been on the planet. so have friends. i am very fit and healthy considering ...the others look fucked! cod liver oil. the saviour from excess.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    in general people dont take illegal drugs for the good of their health.

is that right? what about the health benefits of having a damm good time?
  • Options
    Wappy; I wouldnt say that speed isnt addictive compared to heroin, its just a very different addiction, most of it with heroin is the physical symptoms, however with speed its more to do with mood and thought patterns.
    Anyone who has properly been in the grip of speed will tell you there is an addiction and in a lot of cases the thought patterns dont change so your almost still addicted long after you stop using.
  • Options
    bongabudda ive been taking speed ever since i was about 16 and iam 27 now but just used to take it on a friday/saturday.But since coming off heroin ive been taking it everyday for about two /two and half years.So i dont realy need to ask anyone what been on speeds like ive got a prity good idea like i said if you have been drinking for years and just stop like that it can actauley kill you as can heroin in certain cases .But if you come off speed its justy feel abit crappy for abit nothing you can handle. You dont often find people on speed robbing off people ect to get money for there habit thats mainly heroin.Id say if theres an additiveness too it its in the same group as smoking is .Which i used to do as well but its bad for the health you know so i gave it up.Why dont they ban smoking that kills the most people strange init
  • Options
    well speaking as someone who had a pretty bad speed habit for 4 years, I KNOW its addictive and i KNOW there are withdrawal symptoms. I couldnt function properly trying to come off it, I could barely stay awake and would just sleep constantly every time i tried to come off it. Its not funny when youre trying to hold down a job, I had to have it or I couldnt leave the house. Maybe I found it worse because of the way I was doing it as well as the amount
    I dont know to compare it to heroin as ive never been a heroin addict, but I know it was pretty much the most important thing to me for a long time. Its not a lifestyle id recommend. Doing it for nights out recreationally is one thing, just dont do it too often or for too long, and dont bother doing it for the health benefits, because there are none.
  • Options
    yeah you do feel like you cant do anything go any where but its all in the mind theres nothing phsyically stopping do anything.And at the most last a few days dont know how much you were having a day but i function ok when either i cant afford it or what ever reason but i never have a day off work (yea i work too) dont get me wrong its not a life alot of people would want but its definatley no where near as dangerous as drinking and smoking are .Not everybody wants it but you cant make it out like heroin or coke ect because its not i mean its not that long ago the doctors would be given it out on perscription.Never did elvis any harm or hitler well maybe hitler but you know what i mean.Realy when it comes down to any drug the problems not actauly the drug but its what people do to get the money for it thats the problem. I cant see why i shouldnt be able to have it when ever i want as long as iam not hurting ne one else that is which i arnt you probably go out for a drink sometimes well i have speed i dont drink at all any more ive got to have something i enjoy surley .
  • Options
    im glad you found it ok to function without it, my best friend is like that, she can have it as much as she likes, then is fine when she doesnt have it. whereas me and my husband had a problem with it. I didnt have a very good combination though - large amount - every day - and a particularly naughty way of doing it. I didnt really stand a chance.
  • Options
    I take speed regulary and enjoy it but on the downside the comedowns are pretty bad. The next day is usually a non-event coz more often than not you'll have had no sleep on it.
    Then for the next few days your body feels zapped of energy and also i've had a few sleepness nights......on the other hand speed is excellent when taken in the bedroom, if ya catch my drift. It does more for the mind than the body but me and the missus have shared some real horny fantasises on speed....!

As for taking it in the gym then dont bother, if you really insist on taking a stimulant for the gym try ephedrine caps, a lot of body builders use them (and other sportsmen) Be careful though, any stimulant puts excessive strain on the heart.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I've known plenty people who can't go a day without a bit of billy and most of the time they're pretty messed up people, often suffering from severe cases of paranoia they always look in bad health. Speed can be addictive there's no doubt about it, but as with most drugs, the majority of users use it sensibly.
    Originally posted by wappy
    since coming off heroin ive been taking it everyday for about two /two and half years.

Every day for 2 and a half years and you say you're not addicted? If I was consuming that amount I would be worried!
    Never did elvis any harm or hitler well maybe hitler but you know what i mean.

Elvis died from a heart attack on the shitter- which could easily have been agravated by the drugs he was taking, and Hitler was a fucking lunatic ...bad examples there mate!

If your doing speed every day and have been doing so for years there little doubt your health is going to be negatively affected. There's no need to do that much - if you can get through 1 day without it why not five and save it for weekends! It sounds to me like you doing it out of necessity which i.e addiction!!!
    Id say if theres an additiveness too it its in the same group as smoking is

Nictotine is generally thought to be more adictive than Heroin.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive

Nictotine is generally thought to be more adictive than Heroin.

If nicotine was as addictive as heroin you`d have half the uk going out mugging old ladys and robbing peoples house for a packet of cigs. Which thank goodness we dont the worst thing ive come accross to get off wasnt heroin it was alcohol when that gets its grips on ya your in for one hell of a job getting off it.In one year i was in hospital more than i was out getting blathered every day then going doing stupid things just to get back in hospital were i felt safe when i was drunk on the night i did want to come off it cors i did or so i thought next morning let mi get to that shop.
    The trouble is its ever where you go theres no getting away from it .More or less everyone does it every shop you go to its there infront of ya .Where as at least with heroin ect you can get away hard to do but once youve got it in ya mind to get off it can be done.So can alcohol not that id recomend going to the alcohol you know whats twice there was enough for me .If i cant get off it with out the help of jesus wheres something wrong some where .By the way do you know how many people die sat on the shitter youd be surprised :naughty: