Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Agendas

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Actually not Thanatos. I'm simply asking if Greenhat considers his country a terrorist state. Because being guilty of pretty much the same things, if the US is still considered not to have links with terrorism then Iraq hasn't either.
  • Options
    Really, Aladdin?

Or just according to you?
  • Options
    We've been down this road many times, be Clandestine, myself or others, and you have consistently denied or ignored common-knowledge reports of the US military/intelligence giving support to terrorists and thugs throughout Central America and South America as well as in Afghanistan and elsewhere. Including a certain Mr. O bin Laden and his jolly good bunch of people.
  • Options
    You mean the reports that written by people who weren't there after talking to people who also weren't there?

As for Bin Laden, I really wish you would bother to do some in-depth research instead of continuing to spew the same tripe over and over again. :rolleyes:

It's "common knowledge" that American revolutionaries fought from behind trees. It's wrong, but it is common.

It's "common knowledge" that the American Civil War was fought over slavery. Although slavery was one of the issues, it isn't the only one. Once again, wrong but common.

It's "common knowledge" that the German Army was the most powerful army in the world in 1940. Once again wrong, but common.

"Common knowledge"?

How about actually learning something instead of relying on common stupidity.
  • Options
    Sorry, I forgot a man only becomes a terrorist when he attacks American targets.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Sorry, I forgot a man only becomes a terrorist when he attacks American targets.

Like Yassar Arafat and the Munich Olympics?
  • Options
    Eh?
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    So again, when papers are found that link Saddam with Al Qaeda....because they have a common enemy....not because they were friends...not to believe that and to be wrong is a chance America isn't willing to take right now. It's also why the new Iraq will be a Muslim democracy...rather than run by a Shi'ite majority as a religious state. We won't take the chance again.

I can believe that Saddam and Al Qaeda have ended up together facing their common enemies. But who forced them into this alliance?

They would have been mortal enemies before - Secular, Police State dictator/thug with dreams of opulence Vs Fanatical, Muslim Zealot, leader of underground suicide network that brands non-muslims as 'infidels'. Quite apart from the difference in approach to their goals there is a fundamental difference in Ideology.

If a belligerent, flailing for someone to blame and economically incompetent administration had not needed a distraction from the fact that the 'War on Terror' was not going too well then they might never have ended up together.:mad:
  • Options
    That's called "transference". Attempting to put your values and reasoning on someone from another culture. It doesn't work.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat
    That's called "transference". Attempting to put your values and reasoning on someone from another culture. It doesn't work.

So whats assuming them all to be thoughtless bloodthirsty maniacs then?
  • Options
    Ever heard "The enemy of my enemy is my friend"?

Find out where it comes from.

Then you might start bothering to learn something about Arab culture and about the motivations of terrorists and dictators. Might even learn something.

To start with, you can find a good book on Arab culture. Try the Culture Shock! series, hopefully they have one on Saudi Arabia or Jordan.

Second, read the Scotland Yard report on the motivations and psychological profiles of terrorists. If you prefer, the FBI also has a report, and so does Interpol.

Third, read about Saddam's idol, Josef Stalin.

Last, if you want to bother, find one of the psychological profiles of Saddam Hussein and read it.
  • Options
    Eh?

Is the above a definitive green beanie surgical strike? :eek:

De-esophogated the target, so easily? :lol:

My compliments, Sir! :D
  • Options
    I think his lack of clarification responds to the fact that he knows that mentioning Yasser Arafat on this thread was little more than a knee-jerk reaction unrelated to the subject in hand.

I could have replied by mentioning a certain overweigh terrorist living not far from Arafat and involved in some dirty deeds in Lebanon some time ago, but decided not to as it was equally irrelevant to this thread.

Still living in a parallel universe Thanatos? :lol:
  • Options
    Are you still living in denial???

Oops... forgot... For you, Arafat is a HERO...
  • Options
    Never said that. There are some here who admit to wrongdoings on both sides, remember? :)
  • Options
    ... AND...

Munich was a "heroic" moment in the jihad against the Zionist nations of Israel and the United States of America.
    Never said that.

Specifically. However...

You have made your perspective ever so well known... ;)
  • Options
    Yes. I have made it very clear that the Palestinians have a right to exist and live in their own land as a free nation, and that the Israeli government has committed crimes (and so have the Palestinians). I have also wished that Israel returns the land it's occupying, dismantles its illegal settlements and recognises the right to exist to a fully independent Palestinian nation.

I guess that makes me a terrorist-supporting anti semite, right?

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    a fully independent Palestinian nation...First Prime Minister of Palestine was just approved...the Middle East plan can now go forward.:thumb:
  • Options
    What Americans were targeted at Munich, Aladdin?
  • Options
    Yes. I have made it very clear that the Palestinians have a right to exist and live in their own land as a free nation, and that the Israeli government has committed crimes (and so have the Palestinians). I have also wished that Israel returns the land it's occupying, dismantles its illegal settlements and recognises the right to exist to a fully independent Palestinian nation.

I guess that makes me a terrorist-supporting anti semite, right?

I'd like a Palestinian-recognized Israel...
  • Options

They will have to do that in order to have a state.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper

There will be. IF there is a viable Palestinian state. Study some maps f Israel/Palestine. The Israelis have the vast majority of fertile land, easy building land and high land. If the palestinians have any more prime land the Fanatical Zionists stck a settlement on it.

There must be two viable states for there to be peace.
  • Options
    What Americans were targeted at Munich, Aladdin?

Doubt that you will ever receive an answer to your incovenient question... ;)
  • Options
    Not inconvenient Thanatos. Irrelevant. I know the word also starts with 'I' but its meaning is rather different. Check it out in a dictionary. If you don't happen to own one, www.dictionary.com might be able to help.

Do you mean the attack on the Israeli athletes? No Americans were targetted there AFAIK. And the link with Osama bin Laden would be?
  • Options
    Going from here:

to here:

Do you mean the attack on the Israeli athletes? No Americans were targetted there AFAIK. And the link with Osama bin Laden would be?

would simply be another example of your waffling obfuscation, correct?

Inconvenient is the intended word, because it is inconvenient to your nefarious agenda to pose a question to you, hold to the question, and not allow you to pervert it into something completely different. Which...

would make Greenhat's observation ever so apropos:

You're backpeddling, Aladdin. Busy trying to divert people from the issue.
  • Options
    Not inconvenient Thanatos. Irrelevant. I know the word also starts with 'I' but its meaning is rather different. Check it out in a dictionary. If you don't happen to own one, www.dictionary.com might be able to help.

Why is it you think Osama Bin Laden is the only terrorist the US is interested in?

You are a very confused individual, aren't you? One minute you say its a good thing that the USA is continuing to fight terrorism, the next you say idiocy like "And the link with Osama bin Laden would be?" What makes you think there needs to be a link?

THE WAR ON TERROR - Not THE WAR ON OSAMA BIN LADEN

• Options
    The only terrorists the US is normally interested in are those who who attack US interests.

Or can we expect US special troops to land in South Africa and arrest Nelson Mandela any time soon?

Thanatos, I worry about you. I really do.
  • Options
    Well then, I guess the assistance that the US gave Britain in dealing with terrorists during the '80s was a mistake. And the assistance given to the French, Germans and Dutch in developing counter-terrorism teams during the 70s and 80s was also a mistake.

Problem for you, Aladdin, is you don't know what you are talking about, but you keep muttering on.

Another Al Queda link

Sarin and Mustard Gas
  • Options
    And the problem for you is that you have still failed to explained what prompted you to drop the name of Yasser Arafat when we were discussing the CIA and US army providing support to terrorists and thugs in Central and South America and elsewhere.

Perhaps you would care to explain it now? Out with it. Very clearly and in full detail. Like if you had to explain it to your President.

Then again, judging by the link you just posted you seem to believe that if a man wanted for terrorism lives in a country, that makes that country guilty of terrorism, so what chance do we have of a logical discussion?

Well I'd be damned. I never realised that the UK, US, Spain, France, Germany, Greece and countless other nations were terrorist states.
  • Options
    And the problem for you is that you have still failed to explained what prompted you to drop the name of Yasser Arafat when we were discussing the CIA and US army providing support to terrorists and thugs in Central and South America and elsewhere.

Perhaps you would care to explain it now? Out with it. Very clearly and in full detail. Like if you had to explain it to your President.

Then again, judging by the link you just posted you seem to believe that if a man wanted for terrorism lives in a country, that makes that country guilty of terrorism, so what chance do we have of a logical discussion?

Well I'd be damned. I never realised that the UK, US, Spain, France, Germany, Greece and countless other nations were terrorist states.

Maybe you should bother to go back and reread your own posts. You might figure it out (although I doubt it).

You really are a fool, aren't you? Did you bother to note the fact that information was provided to allow this person to be arrested by the Iraqis and they ignored it? Did you bother to notice that we are talking about a police state that emulated East Germany with the security apparatus copied from the Stasi?

Tell you what. Travel to Vietnam as a wanted criminal. See how long you can live without being picked up (I'll bet less than 15 minutes in a city, not over 2 days in the countryside). And Vietnam isn't nearly as pervasive in their security systems as Iraq was. He lived there, and the Iraqi gov't knew he was there. Not quite the same situation as the nations you mentioned above.