Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Yanks Shoot Protesters Dead

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Once again speaking of what you have neither the academic nor professional credentials to claim. Notwithstanding that fact, your response had nothing whatseover to do with the points put to you.

Just more of your emotional and pointless utterances. :rolleyes:

Again... "The Irony".

Obviously, he uses the same tactic as you do.
  • Options
    Hardly. Although you and he do share a common lack of substantive analysis in just about every post.
  • Options
    Once again speaking of what you have neither the academic nor professional credentials to claim
    Clandestine

Few people on the site do because, hello, the site is devoted to people in school or just entering the work force.

But since you asked for my professional credentials, I shall repond in kind sir.

I ran my own business for one day: A lemonade stand. I had three customers: My dad, my mom and the mail man.

I was hired by the town to put up American flags...all over the place.

I was hired by the town to put up Christmas lights...all over the place...while my friends followed me around singing "dick the halls" and other favorites.

I dressed like a Victorian and drove a horse and buggy for tourists. The horse had gas.

I polished the brass on yachts for wealthy and unhappy people who were elsewhere during my entire work.
  • Options
    So how is your posting tactic superior to everyone else'?

You fucking go off on the same tangent over and over again, and avoid points by highlighting things which are irellevant.
    If you really do what you say you do, then I feel sorry for your emplyers paying to read bullshit as yours.
  • Options
    Clandestine you have no depth of understanding to see the myriad of reasons for policy that includes core values of a culture.

You also don't see the differences between people of a religion or ethnic group. Some of the wealthiest Jews in America were and are against the war. Some Jews are pro war. Some Jews don't give a darn either way. It takes intelligence to see that Clandestine.

I think my responses are more measured, fair, accurate and mature than yours.
  • Options
    Hardly. Although you and he do share a common lack of substantive analysis in just about every post.

Wheras you offer a detailed analysis of every issue?

Don't make me laugh. You present a one-side argument just like PNJ does. Just becuase you use longer words and more obscure sources doesn't mean that your argument is any more valid than his. Just because people don't agree with your version of "the truth" doesn't mean that they haven't carried out their own analysis.

What these two people do offer though is a recognition that they don't know everything. Something your arrogance prevents your from seeing about yourself.
  • Options
    With over 2000 posts under my belt You need only go back and see that the vast majority are more highly substantive and backed with legitimate citations than ive seen from either yourself , jacq, or pnj.

The bulk of what ive seen you post since you first showed up in this forum has consisted of either snide remarks towards me or others who dared even mention Israel in any way shape or form, or else denials of any wrongdoing by your precious Likhud Party.

As for pnj, I am in good company here in recognising that all but a handful of his posts are mere reguritations of sensationalistic and grossly distorted reports from Murdoch's media empire.

Yes this site indeed caters predominantly to those of school age, however, Ive seen far less bravado, jingoism, unquestioning acceptance of politically inspired media claims, and blind nationalism from the vast bulk of our fellow posters than either of you have ever demonstrated here.

If you wish to feel sorry for anyone jacq, feel sorry for those who like yourself think that force of arms and the excusing of our own nations' hypocrisies can ever bring about the global stability that you claim to care about.

MoK, no not every post is substantive, that I readily admit. When responding to snide remarks I confine my response to similar retorts.

And if pnj or jacq had ever aknowledged that they dont truly know what they are talking about Id be the first to welcome and respect that. What we have seen though, without fail, is continual jingoistic and sensationalistic claims about what Europe is or what it believes, etc.. by a boy who has experienced little more than his NJ beachfront world.

If he had ever asked me to attempt to correct reports he has heard or to try to clue him in to the thinking prevailing in EU discussions, I would have gladly assisted in his understanding.

And I challenge you to show how internationally respected sources like the Federation of American Scientists, MediaWatch, and other such links I have provided are considered "esoteric". To those who deal with policy matters these are well respected sources whether or not one agrees with their conclusions on any given issue.
  • Options
    Lets not forget that a great deal of those substantive posts come from perving in the sex forum...
  • Options
    oh gosh, god forbid anyone should ever post in the sex forum. Are you a non sexual entity then jacq? :lol:
  • Options
    I post articles for debate and as proof. The fact that old skool liberals are so closed minded that they can't contemplate all sides of an issue, is evidence, to me, that I am dealing with someone who has held the same opinions for years and refuses to budge or even to comtemplate that there may be more than one reason for an action by a country. Things are rarely ever black or white...good or bad.
  • Options
    Indeed, things are rarely balck and white. A fact Ive tried to get across to you too many times to count, only to be responded to with further mindless BS about Europe (or various countries within its borders).

You rarely make any point whatsoever, you merely regurgitate some sensationalist article youve read without so much as a question or contribution of well reasoned analysis.

I rarely take anything liberal or conservative on face value. You on the other hand seem to accept only that which points the blame for all the world's ills anywhere but Washington.

That is what undermines your credibility.
  • Options
    oh gosh, god forbid anyone should ever post in the sex forum. Are you a non sexual entity then jacq? :lol:

You keep on preaching about your substantive posts, and I'll remind you what a great deal of them consist of...
  • Options
    As Ive not posted in that forum for well unto 6 months now, I can safely say the vast majority of my posts remain confined to this forum alone.
  • Options
    You on the other hand seem to accept only that which points the blame for all the world's ills anywhere but Washington.

Nope. Oil does enter into this war...on all sides. Is it the only or most important issue? Nope.

I'm not allowed in the sex area of any of these sites. I gave my word to my dad.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Heydrich,

Why don't you go over to Iraq and personally take part?
  • Options
    Heydrich, Why don't you go over to Iraq and personally take part?

A. I am not an Iraqi.

B. I respect the sovereignty of Iraq - unlike imperialists in the U.S. and the U.K.

C. I do not care who runs Iraq, a nation on the otherside of the world.

D. I do not care if Iraq is a threat to Israel, in fact, that would please me.

E. That would be a waste of time and of money.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Heydrich

C. I do not care who runs Iraq, a nation on the otherside of the world.
    [/B]

So why do you keep whining?
  • Options
    So why do you keep whining?

See "B."
  • Options
    I suppose you support Abu Abbas as well.
  • Options
    I suppose you supported Suharto?
  • Options
    I suppose you support Abu Abbas as well.

I suppose you support the Contras.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Heydrich
    I suppose you support the Contras.

Sure did.

Right up to the point that free elections occurred in Nicaragua and Daniel Ortega lost.
  • Options
    Next youll be claiming that Pinochet was legitimately and freely elected too I suppose? :rolleyes:

The Contras were intimidating and murderous thugs who had as much civilian blood on their hands as the government Washington sought to depose at the time. Of course its clear that killing civilians is acceptable to you as long as they are committed in the furtherance of Washington's perceived interests.
  • Options
    You were there, Clandestine? Or are you just going by third-hand information from sources who weren't there either?

I was there. You don't have a clue what you are talking about.