Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Don't enjoy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey Peeps :) hope everyone is ok & behaving!! Hehehe!

I recently (at the wkend) had sex for the first time with my boyfriend. We have known each other for about 6months and have really strong feelings for each other. It was my 1st time, but he has slept wih 6 girls before me. Problem is it was awful, it didn't hurt but I couldn't wait for it to be over. I felt like shit because I don't think he enjoyed it.

Anyway we spoke about it & he said he also felt shit because he thought I wasn't enjoying it. Thats because it was awful!! Is this common if it's your 1st few times?!

How can I improve?!

Comments

• Options
    Re: Don't enjoy
    Originally posted by Dale
    Is this common if it's your 1st few times?!

How can I improve?!

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it.

Just relax. If he's more experienced then you, let him take the lead - he's not going to expect you to be the seductress for your first few times - let him concentrate on pleasuring you & you'll learn a trick or two ;)
  • Options
    It may have a alot to do with what position you were doing it in.
    Most people lose their virginity in the missionary position.

The problem with this is that the girl can not often do a lot so to speak- its harder to build up a rhytm unlike say doggy. And if it was your first maybe you didnt kind of have a rhytm and he thought you wereent enjoying it and so he didn't. That make sense?

So my prescription is go have lots more sex! :eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve
    unlike say doggy.

Which willl hurt if you've only had sex once before! I'd give it a little while before you do that! (but definitely get round to it:naughty: )
  • Options
    First time sex is rarely mind blowing - It takes time to get to know each other's bodies and their hot spots, positions you like and those you don't etc. Take your time and be open and honest, and you'll stand a better chance than most...

Get clued up on
    contraception and STIs before you get passionate.

Improve your technique
    here

Susie :)
  • Options
    Re: Don't enjoy
    Originally posted by Dale

How can I improve?!

Try playing with yourself more, by doing that, you get to know what feels good for you. Then all you need to do is tell/show your bf where you like to be touched

He’ll be happier, and then you can take a more active & lively role in sex, once you two have gained a rhythm. You’ll be moving like a bitch on heat!
    :p;):naughty:
  • Options
    The main problem with your first time is facing the reality of the preconceptions you had built up in your mind. More often than not, you expect sex to be magical when it's not. I'm lucky that my first time was with someone very loving and understanding and it was nice.

In a nutshell, practice makes perfect and you will only get better the more you do it. I don't think you need much more of an incentive than that :)
  • Options
    Sex is meant to be fun??? :lol:

Ok, no first times very rarely are good. YOu don't know properly what to expect and ti doesn't very often live up to how you had expected.

Everyone says sex is natural, but it isn't completely, it's something you learn with practice, when you find out what positions you prefer as well as learning your partner, learning what feels good for both of you, and getting a rhythm going that suits you both.

Don't worry about it, keep trying and it will come better in time. Don't let it put you off though chuck.
  • Options
    At least you're talking to each other about it. Now you've just got to tell each other what you like, and try that out each other. Sad as it may seem, some couples don't even get as far as you, and don't even talk about it. They just stupidly put up with it. Talk, and it will get better. :)

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    i absolutely agree with kazbo, most peoples first times leave them with a feeling of "is that it!" but you'll only start to enjoy sex when you and your partner know what each other likes and is completely comfortable with each other. sex isn't mechanical, its animal!(not literally)
    Have fun!