Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

@ peace with Saddam.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    byny, Iraq is in the way of creating an independent, unarmed Palestine by 2005. Saddam pays for suicide bombers and as long as there are suicide bombers you're not going to see a Palestinian state.
  • Options
    The suicide bombings would occur at exactly the same rate with or without the cash from Saddam. They don't do it for the money, nor does the cash reach the families of the suicide bomber nearly as often as you think. The average Palestinian doesn't have a bank account to wire money to.

But you could also say that the hundreds of billions of dollars in cash and state-of-the-art military hardware given to date to the killing squads of the IDF are helping to perpetuate the conflict as well. Perhaps we should stop that source of money as well.
  • Options
    War is brutal Aladdin and its awful how many people have died in Palestine and Israel.
  • Options
    I couldn't agree more. The mention of the words 'Middle East' is enough to depress me and remind me of how much shit and suffering there has been. If only we could employ the same energy and commitment we're devoting to Iraq to get the Israeli-Palestinian conflict sorted once and for all...
  • Options
    I view you and a few others on the site as humanitarians Aladdin.
  • Options
    Link to editorial: An immoral Protest.

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/54711.htm