Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

"Shame on you American-hating liberals"

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by hk9147
    As I said before I will worry about threats today! Why did chamberlain sell out the Czechs in 38 and why didn't the French invade germany in 36. Man I wish I had that time machine, we could fix so many problems this politic forum would be blank.
    "Who now remembers the Armenians?", eh? You have any idea what company that places you in?

Pop quiz, Newbie! Which George Santayana aphorism includes the words 'lessons', 'history' and 'doomed'?

Care to argue that the jews don't deserve to have a homeland based on a dodgy claim to territory from thousands of years ago? You certainly won't get any arguments from the arabs...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe
    Which is theoretically what we've had a nuclear deterrent for all these years. I guess the weapons manufacturers are happy, anyhoo...

So tell me, Uncle Joe....

Which of the countries that we contained during the cold war and post cold war, has actually used weapons of mass destruction?

The Soviets?

Chinese?

Cubans?

North Koreans?

Iraq?

Iran?

South Africa?

Hmmmm....the answer seems to be: Iraq...

Which of those countries has used "suicide bombers" as a normal tool of war?

Hmmmm....the answer is Iraq and Iran...

M.A.D. works when both sides have demonstrated a concern with their nation's survival. Saddam Hussein has not demonstrated such, in fact, he has demonstrated the opposite.

Is Hussein the only threat? No.
    Is he the most dangerous threat? Yes.
    Because he has demonstrated that he is willing to use WMD and delivery systems in a manner that is close to impossible to stop, and because he has the weapons to make those deliveries extremely dangerous.

What would the effect of Bali have been if instead of an explosive device, it had been Sarin gas? Or a biological agent?

Anyone remember that Japanese group that attempted a Sarin attack in the subways of Tokyo? How successful would such an attack be with the knowledge from Hussein's weapons programs behind it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Further proof of what a complete jackass you are hk. To even suggest that I or anyone would say such a thing is the height of arrogance and ignorance.

Maybe it should give you pause on how you come across. The height of arrogance seems to be your unwillingness to examine yourself.
  • Options
    Originally posted by hk9147
    Now now, I didn't call you names. You lose "cool points" when you digress to immature name calling.
    No, no, name-calling is fine, as long as you don't go so far as to paint a graphic image of a moderator dropping his trews to be sodomised, as Globe did a couple of bans ago... ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat
    So tell me, Uncle Joe....

Which of the countries that we contained during the cold war and post cold war, has actually used weapons of mass destruction?

The Soviets?

Chinese?

Cubans?

North Koreans?

Iraq?

Iran?

South Africa?
    I know! I know! It's... Iraq!

And far from being 'contained' for their actions, the Iraqis were rewarded with a resumption of US-Iraq diplomatic ties (severed after Iraq's involvement in the Yom Kippur War, if I remember correctly).
    Which of those countries has used "suicide bombers" as a normal tool of war?

Hmmmm....the answer is Iraq and Iran...

M.A.D. works when both sides have demonstrated a concern with their nation's survival. Saddam Hussein has not demonstrated such, in fact, he has demonstrated the opposite.

Is Hussein the only threat? No.
    Is he the most dangerous threat? Yes.
    Because he has demonstrated that he is willing to use WMD and delivery systems in a manner that is close to impossible to stop, and because he has the weapons to make those deliveries extremely dangerous.
    Previously with the demonstrable blessing of the American government. What a bunch of prick teasers, eh? :) Saddam must be feeling a little betrayed himself...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe
    No, no, name-calling is fine, as long as you don't go so far as to paint a graphic image of a moderator dropping his trews to be sodomised, as Globe did a couple of bans ago... ;)

You are getting your facts AND forums confused...

Confronting a moderator was at Urban-75, where your "editor" proclaimed he knew everything there is to know about Americana because he had been on the Jenny Jones Show, and no self-respecting American would admit to even watching that tripe, much less take pride in being seen there... :lol:

The post here? Was directed at another poster who had a displayed a preferred "I'll play the victim so I can be on a higher moral plane" role. The text of the "offending post" was along the lines of "rather than confront the rapist, you would attempt to convince yourself that you enjoyed it", and was addressing an invertebrate condition. Seems to have had some connection to the example of Neville Chamberlain... ;)

But then, why concern yourself with accuracy or honesty, when your preferred MO is to fabricate or distort your way through.

Got another herring to paint red, and toss into the ring?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Globe
    You are getting your facts AND forums confused...

Confronting a moderator was at Urban-75, where your "editor" proclaimed he knew everything there is to know about Americana because he had been on the Jenny Jones Show, and no self-respecting American would admit to even watching that tripe, much less take pride in being seen there... :lol:
    Let's not delude ourselves into thinking that you're in any position to 'confront' a site moderator over anything, shall we? ;)
    The post here? Was directed at another poster who had a displayed a preferred "I'll play the victim so I can be on a higher moral plane" role. The text of the "offending post" was along the lines of "rather than confront the rapist, you would attempt to convince yourself that you enjoyed it", and was addressing an invertebrate condition. Seems to have had some connection to the example of Neville Chamberlain... ;)
    No, you're right in that you didn't suggest that Squinty would try to enjoy being anally raped, your post was directed at Vox. You did, however, compound your error by trying to suggest to Squinty that it was a perfectly innocent remark, when your closing "And by what you post, you just might" line gave the lie to that.

An open letter to MacKenzie

and click hyperlink for offending post.
  • Options
    And there is a point to this?

Some prefer to submit to any insult, indignity, or injury, rather than to fight back. Some believe that it places them on a "higher moral plane" to willingly, voluntarily victimize themselves.

Some toe the line, become the line. Others cower. Does not require a program to figure out who plays which position... :rolleyes: Those that refuse to fight back, yet demean them who fight in their stead? Disgust me, as they are nothing more than parasites.

By his reaction, it appeared that Squinty believed there was some homosexual reference on my part: such was definitely not the case. I have no interest in being made aware of anyone else's preference, or predilections. It was not germane to the issue at that juncture, any more than it would be now.

Again... there is a point to this?

Or do you just enjoy reaching down into the toilet to stir up a stink?
  • Options
    Some toe the line, become the line. Others cower. Does not require a program to figure out who plays which position... :rolleyes: Those that refuse to fight back, yet demean them who fight in their stead? Disgust me, as they are nothing more than parasites.
    'Them', as in Bush? 'Them' as in Rumsfeld? (who served as a Navy pilot for a couple of years, just missing the Korean War) 'Them' as in Powell, maybe, the least belligerent of Bush's staff, though they seem to have brought him into line sufficiently to prosecute their great venture. 'Them' as in Tony Benn MP for Chesterfield, surely not, although he fought in the second world war. Do you need a program to work out why people who have 'fought back' are opposed to military action against Iraq? Just might find a few Vets among them...

You seem to have the notion that I criticise the people who have to do the fighting, when actually I criticise the parasites who send them to fight, and the possibly well-meaning but certainly misguided people who trust these parasites to make decisions that will really safeguard the American people, and restore America's reputation as a protector of liberty.
  • Options
    Them as in France and Germany.

We're not known as the protector's of liberty...our allies and the US are the main reason why there's still democracies in the world.
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    Them as in France and Germany
    France and Germany 'fight in their stead'? You need to read people's posts more carefully if you want to be taken seriously.
  • Options
    Susan Sarandon says

'I am sick of being called Anti-American, just because I ask questions'

...Thats what I hate about the Militant right in America - they go round accusing people of communism, being supporters of Saddam/Bin Laden etc JUST because they don't think its right to accept everything the government tells them.

People SHOULD ask questions...doesn't neccesarily make them America haters!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    Susan Sarandon says

'I am sick of being called Anti-American, just because I ask questions'

Susan Sarandon does a bit more than just ask questions.
  • Options
    Germany and France have profited from the protection of America....yes we've fought in their stead including when the French government that capitulated, more than the French will now admit, with the Nazis.

byny I just assumed you hated the US...which I took as being your right.

When there's a new government in Iraq, I wonder how those people will feel towards Saddam's enablers in the American peace movement? I would hate them if Saddam had tortured or murdered one of my relatives.
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    Germany and France have profited from the protection of America....yes we've fought in their stead including when the French government that capitulated, more than the French will now admit, with the Nazis.

byny I just assumed you hated the US...which I took as being your right.

When there's a new government in Iraq, I wonder how those people will feel towards Saddam's enablers in the American peace movement? I would hate them if Saddam had tortured or murdered one of my relatives.

I don't hate the US - I think there are some fine people in America, and some fine writing and artistry has come from America...Kurt Vonnegut, Bob Dylan, Dennis Hopper, James Ellroy, Allen Ginsberg, Michael Moore, ...

what I don't like is people who are consumed by greed...who concentrate on getting what they want instead of what they need, who believe themselves to be part of a country that is the saviour of the world, I hate wars that are based on Racism and religious intollerance.

Germany and france may have profited from American money and power but America was built on the genocide of native Americans....

The USA has to stop thinking of itself as some great perfect example to the world - perhaps she should sort out her own problems...like literacy rates, poverty, education, the kids so freaked out that they kill their own classmates, the gun problem, the drug problem....
  • Options
    those problems are true byny. But with terrorism, it's all about the Saudi sponsoring Wahhabbism which knocks the West and protects Arabs from focusing on corrupt Arab leadership.
  • Options
    So why talk as if you think that the US should move on to Germany and France...you are talking as if you want to take over the world!!
  • Options
    I feel that they will benefit from a war on Iraq and risk nothing. No one wants war. It's not good for Tony Blair's, Bush's or the PM of Australia's career.
  • Options
    Re: "Shame on you American-hating liberals"
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/columnists/tonyparsons/tonyparsons/page.cfm?objectid=12188969&method=full&siteid=50143

Yeah, I know...

Y'all consider it a bad joke.

Still, there is hope for some of you... ;)

:nervous: That reminds me of Aznar's, Blair's, Berlusconi's, etc letter...

"Thanks in large part to American bravery, generosity and far-sightedness, Europe was set free from the two forms of tyranny that devastated our continent in the 20th century: Nazism and Communism"
  • Options
    The same American bravery (and European complacency) that allowed an evil fascist scumbag rule Spain for 40 years unchecked. Never mind that he sent troops to fight alongside Hitler, never mind he murdered a lot more people than Saddam. He hated commies, and that was enough for some.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    The same American bravery (and European complacency) that allowed an evil fascist scumbag rule Spain for 40 years unchecked. Never mind that he sent troops to fight alongside Hitler, never mind he murdered a lot more people than Saddam. He hated commies, and that was enough for some.

No one rules without the consent of the ruled...

Were you one of the consenting, Aladdin?
  • Options
    Oh really Greeny? Tell that to Chavez, or Musharrof, or the Kuwaiti Ruling family, or any host of dictators, autocracies or military regimes who rule by tradition, political oppression or direct military control.

And despite your own particular adherence to military life, the military do not speak for "the people".
  • Options

No one rules without the consent of the ruled...

Were you one of the consenting, Aladdin?

What kind of utter bollocks are you talking about now???

Go and tell that to the citizens of Chile (whose murdering tyrant Pinochet you kindly assisted in taking power by force), or to the citizens of Iraq, who you are supposed to be "liberating" (your government's words), or those in Burma, or those in Argentina...

On second thoughts, you'd better don't tell such bullshit to a Chilean as you might likely be ripped apart. In particular if they happen to be relatives of one of the disappeared, or a woman who was raped by one of Pinochet's specially trained dogs, or just any ordinary citizen who saw their democratically elected government forcibly removed by a bastard no better than Hitler; all with the assistance and compliments of that bastion of freedom and democracy, the United States of America.

I see you are incapable of even admitting to the most elementary and obvious facts if they happen to put your county under a bad light. Please stop insulting our intelligence with bullshit statements like the above.
  • Options
    For our rabid warmongering military personnel who like to smear anyone who opposes their unquestioning adherence to the Washington spin factory, perhaps you'd call these patriots traitors too? (though not to their face i would suspect)...

http://www.veteransforcommonsense.org

Nice to know that some of former men at arms can see through the rhetoric and corporate backed political propoganda!
  • Options
    Nah, it'll be dismissed as a fake website, or perhaps these veterans will be accussed of not living in "reality" we keep hearing about. ;)
  • Options
    Okay, Greehat's comments about "ruled with the consent of the ruled" may be a load of arse...but isn't that what you suggested Clandestine?

The people of Iraq should be allowed to liberate themselves was you stance. Surely that would imply that they have a option here, and that currently they choose to be oppressed?
  • Options
    Supporting an indigenous opposition movement is considerably less destructive and more in keeping with internal law and international peace and security than yet another full scale invasion, my friend.

There are opposition groups which, if properly vetted by potential western supporters, could well undertake regime change according to the principles of self determination which our own nations claim to value so highly. So, yes, I would agree that such a case would provide greater assurance that whatever government was eventually elected (undoubtedly with international monitoring at theoutset at least) would be more reflective of universal Iraqi suffrage.

I would prefer that to Washington and London's narrowminded and ill considered warmongering, which will only leave thousands more Iraqis dead or suffering to a greater degree than they are currently.

However, I dont even see the point in replying to you if your mind is as made up as it appears to be.
  • Options
    Supporting an indigenous opposition movement is considerably less destructive and more in keeping with internal law and international peace and security than yet another full scale invasion, my friend.

Depends on what you mean by "support". Personally I think we made a huge mistake when we didn't assist back in '91.
    if properly vetted by potential western supporters

Okay, but what do you mean by "vetting", surely the local populace should be doing this, not anyone else. I would have thought that any other option would run the risk of us being accused of "imposing" a govt on them. Somthing which would be no better than what is on the table currently.
    However, I dont even see the point in replying to you if your mind is as made up as it appears to be.

Actually I don't think it is.

I do believe that the local polution would be better served by fighting this out than by having any solution imposed on them either through our military force or through a diplomatic compromise which pleases no-one. It was diplomatic solutions which gave us Iraq/Balkans in the first place.

Problem is, with the current Iraqi regime, there is no way that the population will rise. They fear Saddam and his henchmen too much...
  • Options
    Oh really Greeny? Tell that to Chavez, or Musharrof, or the Kuwaiti Ruling family, or any host of dictators, autocracies or military regimes who rule by tradition, political oppression or direct military control.

And despite your own particular adherence to military life, the military do not speak for "the people".

Read any John Locke, Clandestine? I suggest you do.
  • Options
    Political theory is a nice duck and cover tactic. Doesn't change the cold hard reality of modern pluralistic society though, so much the sadder for you and your narrow worldview. ;)