Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

"Shame on you American-hating liberals"

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    But do you really think Saddam poses such a danger to justify a war? Aside from all the moral issues and double standards, if it was proven that Saddam is a clear and immediate danger to peace most people would support a war. The problem we have over here is that not the slightest thread of evidence has been presented to justify an attack. And as such it is our (as well as your) duty to scrutinise the US motives.

And while I am prepared to accept that Saddam presents a real and immediate danger to others- upon proof- surely you can accept that there are grounds for scepticism on the US' motives to attack Iraq all of the sudden.
    And how will we correct the mistake of killing thousands more innocent Iraqi civilians in this supposed "clean up" operation? Guess the little people of that country havent already suffered enough eh? :rolleyes:

And why is it that the only "clean up" option Bush and those who support him can come up with is full scale invasion? Perhaps the real point is that Bush has failed our nation in so many other areas that he needs this invasion to divert the attentions of people like yourself from far more pressing issues.

Long live our wonderful spin factory.

When the news of 9/11 broke on the West Bank, those freedom- loving Palestinians were dancing in the street. America watched all of that - and didn't push the button. We should thank the stars that America is the most powerful nation in the world. I still find it incredible that 9/11 did not provoke all-out war. Not a "war on terrorism". A real war.

those images were taken from the CNN archive of palestinians celebrating the liberation of kuwait in 1991 or somehitng like that. we have copies of the very same images in the BBC vaults somewhere or other... this really bothers me, people being manipulated by the media like that.

grr
    Ive tried pointing out that very fact, but sadly many people wish to believe the spin rather than question how they being lead by the nose.
    There were Palestinian celebrations of the 11th of September in Eastern Jerusalem.

Maybe that exact footage which you are referring to is from a different occasion, but celebrations did take place.
    Originally posted by hk9147

Until someone invents a time machine so we can go back to right all the wrongs in the past, we will have to deal with the world as it is TODAY. I will not agonize over the past. I will agonize over the safety of America today. So with Iraq we helped create a monster. Now we will fix the problem. Mistakes happen, the best intentions can prove to be wrong, but one must always correct mistakes if possible.
    Provided that... sorry, make that only if it suits us to correct those 'mistakes', eh? Nothing like a second bit at the cherry, AKA having yer cake and eating it :D
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    And how will we correct the mistake of killing thousands more innocent Iraqi civilians in this supposed "clean up" operation? Guess the little people of that country havent already suffered enough eh? :rolleyes:

At the hands of their current leader and his government. Will thousands die? Hmmm...they didn't in 1991. Making some assumptions aren't you?
    And why is it that the only "clean up" option Bush and those who support him can come up with is full scale invasion?

What would you suggest? Beg Saddam to please be nice?

Containment is no longer a workable strategy for a regime that has illustrated their willingness to use weapons of mass destruction and their willingness to sacrifice their people in their "cause". 9/11 and Bali should have illustrated to everyone that devices can be delivered anywhere in the world at anytime by anyone with the resources and the will.
    Originally posted by Greenhat
    Containment is no longer a workable strategy
    Yes, Saddam knows now that he can attack another country with impunity, so unless he's dealt with now, he'll invade Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Jordan... :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    But do you really think Saddam poses such a danger to justify a war? Aside from all the moral issues and double standards, if it was proven that Saddam is a clear and immediate danger to peace most people would support a war. The problem we have over here is that not the slightest thread of evidence has been presented to justify an attack. And as such it is our (as well as your) duty to scrutinise the US motives.

And while I am prepared to accept that Saddam presents a real and immediate danger to others- upon proof- surely you can accept that there are grounds for scepticism on the US' motives to attack Iraq all of the sudden.

Yes he does pose such a danger. If a rattlesnake den is next to your house, do you kill them one at a time or take out the whole nest. American public opinion supports military action so I don't really give a hoot what you think. Your PM is on the U.S. side, which means he has principles. Saddam will be disarmed. I also find it very amusing that when I say the whole Iraq problem is the U.S. fault and that we can fix it by removing Saddam you still say we should do nothing. You just want the world to ignore the problem and do nothing but talk and contain. That worked really well with Nazi Germany. Peace through appeasment is not an option.
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe
    Yes, Saddam knows now that he can attack another country with impunity, so unless he's dealt with now, he'll invade Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Jordan... :rolleyes:

Or maybe deliver a biological device against London, Seattle, or Brussels...
    American public opinion supports military action

As Greeny is fond of asking, "you've spoken to every American have you?"

The polls do not actually suggest that. Not if it comes to unliateral invasion without UN approval.
    Containment is no longer a workable strategy for a regime that has illustrated their willingness to use weapons of mass destruction and their willingness to sacrifice their people in their "cause". 9/11 and Bali should have illustrated to everyone that devices can be delivered anywhere in the world at anytime by anyone with the resources and the will.

Your fantasies are getting the better of you! lol.

Notwithstanding the fact that you now make the same sort of confusion of the issues as the media spin doctors, it's laughable that the might of our military is incapable of containing a battered pissant country like Iraq despite the fact that we contained the Soviet empire, it's WMD's, and its expansionist agenda for 40+ years.

Keep dreaming boys, youre progressively making this half rate despot, as tyrannical as everyone here undoubtedly agrees he is, into the worst monster the world has ever known, and it only makes you look like paranoid fools

Yes he does pose such a danger.

You obviously know something we don't.
    I also find it very amusing that when I say the whole Iraq problem is the U.S. fault and that we can fix it by removing Saddam you still say we should do nothing.
    No. We'd just like to know why Rumsfeld and co didn't feel like doing anything about nearly 20 years ago, when they actually chose to resume diplomatic ties with Iraq...
    Originally posted by Greenhat

Or maybe deliver a biological device against London, Seattle, or Brussels...
    Which is theoretically what we've had a nuclear deterrent for all these years. I guess the weapons manufacturers are happy, anyhoo...
    15% of the UK's exports go to America and the UK is heavily invested in American companies. Also by millions, Americans comprise the largest tourist that visits the UK.

Thanks for posting this Globe. :p
    http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/us.html

Morrocan Roll here's a link to facts about the US via the CIA.

As Greeny is fond of asking, "you've spoken to every American have you?"

The polls do not actually suggest that. Not if it comes to unliateral invasion without UN approval.

Your fantasies are getting the better of you! lol.

Notwithstanding the fact that you now make the same sort of confusion of the issues as the media spin doctors, it's laughable that the might of our military is incapable of containing a battered pissant country like Iraq despite the fact that we contained the Soviet empire, it's WMD's, and its expansionist agenda for 40+ years.

Keep dreaming boys, youre progressively making this half rate despot, as tyrannical as everyone here undoubtedly agrees he is, into the worst monster the world has ever known, and it only makes you look like paranoid fools

Ahh the 40+ years of containment was possible because of Mutual Assured Destruction. Neither side wanted to destroy the world. Saddam can't blow up the world. But killing everyone in London or New York or Paris, is in his realm of possibilities. If you can't see that for yourself you truly are an enemy of the American people (notice I didn't say government). It would be a tad late after 100,000 americans die. But you would say we deserved it.
    Further proof of what a complete jackass you are hk. To even suggest that I or anyone would say such a thing is the height of arrogance and ignorance.

Go sell your bullshit to the Billy Beer-swilling yokels whom you resemble so much.

If you can't see that for yourself you truly are an enemy of the American people (notice I didn't say government).

Steel on target.

The clandestine-collaborator has proven himself to be the philosophical spawn of the Whore of Hanoi...
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe
    No. We'd just like to know why Rumsfeld and co didn't feel like doing anything about nearly 20 years ago, when they actually chose to resume diplomatic ties with Iraq...

As I said before I will worry about threats today! Why did chamberlain sell out the Czechs in 38 and why didn't the French invade germany in 36. Man I wish I had that time machine, we could fix so many problems this politic forum would be blank.
    :rolleyes: :lol:

And of course you being the best that our nation can produce. God help America if neanderthals like you become representative of the majority.

In years to come we'll be seeing who the "enemy of the people" is when your brand of "shoot first ask questions later" destabilises the geo-political situation further and increases the security risks for us all, at home or abroad.
    Further proof of what a complete jackass you are hk. To even suggest that I or anyone would say such a thing is the height of arrogance and ignorance.

Go sell your bullshit to the Billy Beer-swilling yokels whom you resemble so much.

Coming from you that is the most sincerest compliment I have ever recieved. First time I have ever seen you use profanity. You are crass in your conspiracy theories about 911. You insult the memory of almost 3,000 people who died on that day. So you get this loud and clear. Islamic fundementalists that hate america hijacked 4 civilian aircraft and flew them into the World Trade Center and Pentagon. Nothing that our foreign policy may have done justifies their act, NOTHING. Governments that harbour terrorism or support it will be dealt with (if through the U.N. great, if not well the Constitution of the United States is the highest power in the United States). If you are an American, I pity you for your ignorance.
    As much as I pity you for your blind adherence to media spin and a cover story which disgraces the memory of the 3000 victims who deserve a far more instensive probe into a government which has shown itself as consistently evasive and diversionary, and on more than this horrendous event.
    :rolleyes: :lol:

And of course you being the best that our nation can produce. God help America if neanderthals like you become representative of the majority.

In years to come we'll be seeing who the "enemy of the people" is when your brand of "shoot first ask questions later" destabilises the geo-political situation further and increases the security risks for us all, at home or abroad.

Now now, I didn't call you names. You lose "cool points" when you digress to immature name calling. Makes you look like I hit the nail on the head and that you lost the point in the discussion. I told you in another thread that I would no longer respond to your posts, but you kind of insulted me so I had to tell you like I saw it. Its the "Cowboy in me".
    God help America if neanderthals like you become representative of the majority.

Will not happen. Even during the Revolutionary War, those supporting breaking away from the tyrannical rule of the "good King George" were a distinct minority, and the most were parasites who prefered that ANYONE ELSE get their hands dirty doing the necessary job. Parasites find it more comfortable and convenient to demean them who ARE the line as "neanderthals" and "troglodytes". ;)

Just like the issue of "heroes"...

Heroes are created in the minds of them mired within their own mediocrity, and are too gutless to do the thing required of them. It is easier to elevate an individual who has not been dis-empowered by his own cowardice to the position on a pedestal, rather than to objectively observe that it is more accurate that the hero-worshipper is groveling upon his belly, face in the slime of his own making.
    It is your kind who speak of "heroism" and the "glory" of combat. Warriors? Observe that it was just a job which needed to be done.

So much easier to call us "neanderthals", than to admit your own cowardice, isn't it? :lol:

You define the disease which brings about the fall of empires, the degenerative cancer which eats away at it from within.

There is a cure for that cancer, don't you know?

Better you should stay within the European capital of Al Qaeda: the United States is a much healthier place in your absence.
    As much as I pity you for your blind adherence to media spin and a cover story which disgraces the memory of the 3000 victims who deserve a far more instensive probe into a government which has shown itself as consistently evasive and diversionary, and on more than this horrendous event.

Ho hum. Where is that ignore button. Darn they don't have one.
    I simply learned to play the game by the rules you yourself set. Seems you have a memory problem if you think you havent repeatedly insulted me with inflammatory remarks for which you have no legitimite cause save your own narrow minded adherence to a corrupt status quo.
    Yes indeed, Id have pushed it ages ago. :lol:
    I simply learned to play the game by the rules you yourself set. Seems you have a memory problem if you think you havent repeatedly insulted me with inflammatory remarks for which you have no legitimite cause save your own narrow minded adherence to a corrupt status quo.

Oh you mean when I said that you only posted meaningless rhetoric, post after post and other folks on the board kind of jumped on the band wagon and called you on it. Sorry I hurt your credibility. Like I said before, Calls them as I see um pardner.
    "Other folks" being the militant posse of which you daily show yourself a staunch advocate. Those with more than testosterone between their ears outnumber your self righteous little band and put about about as much credence in your narrow vision of reality as they do in whatever claims you make.

Keep right on blustering, as I said before, it does provide endless amounts of amusement for those of us less intellectually challenged.