Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Axis of Weasel...Continental Cowards.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    something else for you to explain mr glob. in the gulf war most of the people who were killed on our side, were killed by american "friendly fire".

The result of being the deadliest armed forces on the face of the earth. :D

But since you are so pissed off about it, how about trying a little research to help to see a different perspective.

First, find out exactly how many British troops died in Desert Storm/Desert Shield.

Second, find out exactly how long that period of time was.

Third, find out how many British troops were involved in Desert Storm/Shield.

Now, do a similar bit of research....but make it for the British occupation of Germany (post-WWII).

How many troops died (all causes..auto accidents, suicide, training accidents, disease)...

Find out how long a period of time it was..

Find out how many troops...

Now, do a per man year comparison of the mortality rate for each duty. You might be in for a surprise.
  • Options
    Newsflash: people die in wars. Some as heros. Some in really dumb ways like by accident on ships far from enemy lines. Get a clue.

Meantime: France is readying 15,000 troops for the Gulf.

Our anger should be a Saddam for not disarming and living happily ever after in one of his gold-leafed palaces.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Shush now PNJ, you mentioned someone else's duplicity again.

We know that you mustn't mention it, especially if those countries agree with the no-war in Iraq brigade... ;)

Remember duplicity is only an issue if you disagree with Clandestine... ;):p
    Careful, MoK, you're perilously close to sounding as caricaturish as Thanatos was... ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe
    Careful, MoK, you're perilously close to sounding as caricaturish as Thanatos was... ;)

Yeah, over did it a bit with the smilies etc.

Point remains though, if we are going to discuss duplicity we shouldn't bury our heads in the sand and pretend that the US is the only country to be acting in such a way.

I don't think anyone here has argued that the Iraq situation has nothing to do with oil. Shame that other people cannot accept that the French and Russian approach may be connected to their relationship with Iraq, as much as it is to do with WMD etc. Seems like, just because these countries are currently anti the impending war, their duplicity doesn't matter.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Globe
    Next thing you know, YOU will be accused of being Thanatos! :lol:
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe
    Careful, MoK, you're perilously close to sounding as caricaturish as Thanatos was...

LOL. Tell me Globe, what else does that crystal ball of your tell you?
  • Options
    LOL. Tell me Globe, what else does that crystal ball of your tell you?
    You don't think my post was related to Teuf's tired old backhanded compliment shtick? "Oh, who's being naive, Kay?"
  • Options

Remember duplicity is only an issue if you disagree with Clandestine... ;):p

Anyone else observe the hypocracy of the clandestine-collaborator's incessant attacks upon GWB, but his sycophantic genuflection before the biggest liar who ever held the office of US president... Komrad Blow-job Klinton, himself?

The economy? Klinton's house of cards started collapsing before Klinton even left office...

National security? Another house of cards, not addressed while Klinton focused upon the ever important self gratification...

Duplicity? None may EVER equal Klinton.

When clandestine-collaborator addresses the farce which was Klinton, then we might have a basis to comprehend why it has been necessary to make the swing of the pendulum to GWB. No one who has taken the conservative position within these discussions has ever claimed that GWB is perfect - is a God send - but rather, is a necessary step to correct what transpired before him.

Any rational person will have difficulty in blaming what was passed on the platter to the current president upon him... it was the work of the lying degenerate previously in office, the one who continually attempted to sell out the nation he swore to protect.
  • Options
    There's also a conceit to the liberal view of people in democracies. It's this: if people get to know us, they'll want to live like us.

The radical Muslims saw the opportunities to live free in a diverse society with diverse views: they hated us for it.
  • Options
    So you prefer to trash the Constitution and follow the likes of Ashcroft who can spy on whomever he wishes, gather evidence against any American citizen without judicial review and without having to disclose said evidence to the defence, hold you on whatever charge they wish as long as they wish, and a host of other conditions that we think are the sole domain of Saddam or any number of oppressive dictatorships?

Guess you dont value your liberty too highly then eh pnj?
  • Options
    Valid points Clandestine...that must be measured against the threat.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Axis of Weasel...Continental Cowards.
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    I think you need to change your source of news pnj. Judging by the articles and editorials you regularly post here from the NY Post you've got yourself a pretty lousy rag.

The New York Post is a JOKE of a newspaper. I don't understand why anyone, and I'm a former New Yorker, would read this when you have the New York Times available.

The only national newspapers worth reading in the US are the NY Times and Washington Post.
  • Options
    NY Post headlines are the best. They're classic. Like using Michael Jackson's face close up with his words as a headline: "I am not a freak." Another good one: Arafat Chance!

The NY Times is very liberal. Wash Post is in between.
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    NY Post headlines are the best. They're classic. Like using Michael Jackson's face close up with his words as a headline: "I am not a freak." Another good one: Arafat Chance!

The NY Times is very liberal. Wash Post is in between.

If you pick your news source because you like the cute headlines, hey that's your choice. I'd rather get my news from the best.