Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ok..condoms

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Someone early asked about doing it without condoms,and if its better..But most of you said yes!
DO guys still enjoy it WITH them?

Comments

• Options
    Yes:p

and the added bonus of not wanting to be a teenage father helps out as well.:cool:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless
    Yes:p

and the added bonus of not wanting to be a teenage father helps out as well.:cool:

Yeeeeeah :p

Most of the lads i know dont like it and arent fussed about the above for some reason. Probably cos they know they can run fast.
  • Options
    sometimes I'd just prefer abstanance from sex rather than abstanance from feeling. Also, herpes and genital warts can still be easily spread with a condom. I've also had condoms rip more than once. I guess a condom is better than nothing at times, but if I'm drunk, I can't finish the job with a condom.
  • Options
    Well I can understand why guys prefer without, it must numb alot of the feeling wearing one, and they can't be very comfortable at all.

Although like Harmless said at least they have the bonus of knowing they've been safe.
  • Options
    As a girl it doesn't bother me but I get why guys don't like them but come on. Who cares what it feels like as long as its safe.
  • Options
    That's why the pill is such a wonderful invention. If you're worried about the feeling then use extra thin ones, or ribbed ones.
  • Options
    I prefer it without and a bit of a contradiction...........but I tend to last longer without one!!:rolleyes:

But I LOVE the sensation of my gf putting one on me :D
  • Options
    I don't use condoms. I only have sex with people that I'm in long term relationships with. And I'm on depo (a contraceptive injection).
  • Options
    Yes But not as enjoyable
  • Options
    personally it doesn't bother me. My gf is on the pill and we have sex without a condom, but if i had to wear one it wouldnt bother me to be honest. I'd rather be safe than sorry, and my dick performs just as well with a condom on or not
  • Options
    Originally posted by kosari193
    Who cares what it feels like as long as its safe.

I thought the whole point of doing it was because of the feeling!! :p
  • Options
    Not sure if you are joking or not MrMoggy, hope so!
  • Options
    Sex without condoms? How about NO sex WITHOUT condoms. . .
  • Options
    Originally posted by kosari193
    As a girl it doesn't bother me but I get why guys don't like them but come on. Who cares what it feels like as long as its safe.

If it feels quite shit, then yeah i'm bothered about what it feels like!

I have a long term girlfriend who is on the pill and we tend to not use a condom, which is great! But, for instance, if need be that i have to wear one (like, if she has been sick recently or has accidently missed the deadline for taking the pill on a specific day, then i wear one. I don't like them, takes away a lot of the feeling, a lot of the pleasure, a lot of the enjoyment for me, but i still wear one...

moo
  • Options
    Ok here goes :D

Im speaking as a married mum, so I dont tom about and hubby dont tom about :D

Without is deffinately best :D

But if youre in a new relationship, have several partners, are not on the pill etc etc

USE CONDOMS EVERY TIME

Better be safe than sorry :)
  • Options
    i don't mind condoms but they do take some of the feeling away, but hey! look at this way (which i do) if i have to work a little harder while wearing a condom to stimulate myself, whats that extra time doing for her? :naughty:
  • Options
    Now thats the idea. . . .
  • Options
    I don't like them at all. They're real passion killers. :( But, you've got to be careful, so they have to be used. Once settled in to a relationship, and if we're both commited to eachother, and can trust eachother, then generally we get shot of the damn things as quickly as we can. But not until we both feel ready.
    Sex is definitely better without.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Having sex without a condom is like having sex with everyone the other slept with for the last seven years. I hope there is enough trust there. . . .
  • Options
    Originally posted by MrMoggy

I thought the whole point of doing it was because of the feeling!! :p

I'm not a man, so I can't be sure, but even if it isn't as great during the bulk of sex...isn't the orgasm at the end just as mind-blowing with or without the condom??

I'm on the pill and I still use a condom every time. I'm not taking any chances. I'm 20 and the way I see it, getting pregnant now would no doubt ruin my future.
  • Options
    In days of herpes, aids and othe stds. . . pregnancy is the least of your worries, Kerrileigh
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jasmine
    In days of herpes, aids and othe stds. . . pregnancy is the least of your worries, Kerrileigh

You must be the only person to point out std's/sti. The pill can protect you from so much.
  • Options
    Maybe it's my age, or maybe common sense.
  • Options
    As others have said condoms are a better alternative than std's, sti's and pregnancy. As i'm in a committed long term relationship, i'm on the pill and tend not to use condoms.
    But i think another big plus for using condoms is it holds all the mess so you don't have to end up sleeping in a wet patch!

I think anyone who has completely unprotected sex must be mad. If i wasn't in a long term relationship and i decided to have sex, the first thing that would be mentioned would be 'do you have a condom, because if not, there'll be no action for you tonight!' I'd rather be safe than sorry. :)
  • Options
    Just adding my two cents...

There are alot of underlying reasons to using or not using condoms, and every one has to be taken seriously.

I've not slept with my partner yet, but we've talked about it, and she's decided to go on the pill when we do, but i'll also wear a condom, afterall, I don't want to feel sorry for it later - remember, the pill is only 99% effective, and that 1% matters, trust me. The same goes for Condoms, they are only 97%, effective most of the time.

Other reasons such as STI's should only matter if you DON'T know your partners sexual history. Remember, STI's can be passed through oral sex as well, and not just through penetration.

So really, unless of course you are:

a) Disprespectful of your partner
    and/or
    b) Wanting to have a baby

Use as much protection as you can! It can't hurt, can it?
  • Options
    aw. condoms are fun. probably not too much fun to put on... but they make good balloons, and are fun to play with after the deed. (but if you play with them before... you have teenage parents! woo!)

as I always say to those who dont like using them... I'm the godmother to any of those bastard children.
  • Options

My boyfriend and I are completely faithful to each other and before we got intimate for the first time, we both went to the doctor and got tested for everything, including HIV.

Even still, we use condoms every time.

With worries of STDs out of the way, pregnancy is the worst of my fears. Not being able to raise a child the way it should be raised is my worst nightmare. If you knew my shit family you'd understand why.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kerrileigh
    My boyfriend and I are completely faithful to each other

Doesn't everyone believe this? Even the ones that are cheated on all the time?

Not trying to be rude but realistic. No one expects to be cheated on. What if your b/f did??
  • Options
    Having sex without a condom is like having sex with everyone the other slept with for the last seven years. I hope there is enough trust there. . . .

lol - somethings you just cant make up!
  • Options
    I always use condoms and they will continue to dominate my future as i get bad side effects on the pill so i cant take it (not that i like the thought of a drug controlling my bodies natural cycles anyway).

I think there is too many people who stop using condoms in relationships and rely on the pill just because their partner and themselves have discussed sexual hostory! Is this really enough! No way! Even if i was on the pill i would only rely solely on that after both me and my partner had been tested for STDs.

In answer to the initial question, i do hate condoms and they take out the majority of my enjoyment and passion but alike most women, i'm not stimulated that much though intercourse anyway, more through foreplay so it doesnt make too much difference to me!