Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Isreal has no future.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In the near future, there will be more Arabs citizens of Isreal than Jewish citizens. Arabs have many more babies than Jews. Immigration to Isreal has gone down to nothing because there are no jobs. Both the economies of Isreal and Palestine are dead-in-the-water as we say in the US. Sharone would like to kick all of the Arabs out of Isreal before, by population, it is no longer a Jewish state. Isreal liberals say that's like the Nazi's clensing countries of Jews in WW2. If he did do that, I have no doubt that terrorism from surrounding Arabs would never end against Isreal and....once again you'd have an economy with no job growth. No job growth. No future.

I haven't studied economics yet, nor psychology, nor technologies, nor advanced math.

And my opinion is there is no future for Isreal unless it is a Jewish state with a population that's mostly Arabs.

Comments

• Options
    I think that Israel will survive, it by far the most productive nation in that part of the world. My question is can the Arabs survive? Take away the oil and they have nothing. If the west does not buy their oil who will? And this is starting to happen.

The other big issue that the Arabs have is charity fatigue in the west. The US gives Billions in aid to Egypt each year. Many in Egypt hate the west and support OBL. The US gov, is starting to ask questions such as why are we giving this money to a nation whose ppl hate us. Egypt with a population of 85mil, it is the most nonviable nation on earth, its got far bigger problems than Israel.
  • Options
    Oh I agree, the Arab countries are a mess too. I'm mostly speaking about just numbers of people. To have a Jewish state, it must be Jewish dominated. And how can that be when Jews become the minority...in terms of population?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Paul_2
    I think that Israel will survive, it by far the most productive nation in that part of the world. My question is can the Arabs survive? Take away the oil and they have nothing. If the west does not buy their oil who will? And this is starting to happen.

The other big issue that the Arabs have is charity fatigue in the west. The US gives Billions in aid to Egypt each year. Many in Egypt hate the west and support OBL. The US gov, is starting to ask questions such as why are we giving this money to a nation whose ppl hate us. Egypt with a population of 85mil, it is the most nonviable nation on earth, its got far bigger problems than Israel.

Er... I'm talking from memory here but I seem to remember Israel has received to date around 40 Billion Dollars in aid from the US- that's not including much of the stat-of-the-art military hardware given to them or sold for peanuts. I suspect that is more aid than any country in the world could ever dream of receiving. Without it Israel would have long disintegrated as a country, not only from neighbouring hostility but from bankruptcy.

As for productivity, Israel does sell some food products- strawberries, oil- and have a better than expected hi-tech industry. However much of the food products are actually grown in Palestine by Palestinians- the Israelis then shamelessly buy it from them for next to nothing, stick an Israeli label to the olive oil bottle and sell it to Europe for a tidy profit. Much of the Israeli's agriculture exists thanks to the fact that Israel has appropriated most of the water in the region- draining countries such as Jordan in the process. A fairer, UN supervised redistribution of the water amongst the countries in that region would make much of the Israeli agriculture unsustainable. Not that it is likely to happen though.

There is also an unofficial boycott of Israeli products practised by a sizeable part of European consumers- not to mention other parts of the world. Until public opinion of Israel improves the country will only make limited profit from exports.
  • Options
    Translation of the Israeli national anthem:

As long as deep in the heart,
    The soul of a Jew yearns,
    And towards the East
    An eye looks to Zion,

Our hope is not yet lost,
    The hope of two thousand years,
    To be a free people in our land,
    The land of Zion and Jerusalem.
    To be a free people in our land,
    The land of Zion and Jerusalem.

Yes Israel has a lot of problems on their backs, and lot of uncertainties(is that a word?) and question towards the future.
    But I have no doubt concerning the fact that Israel will survive.
    Haven't they gone against all odds, so many times before?

I really don't know of any other country which has developed so rapidly in less than 60 years.
    Israel is known to be a leading agriculture country, and very advanced in the fields of medicine and hi-tech (as Aladdin mentioned).
    Yes they have been helped, but without a will and a huge amount of hope, they wouldn't be were they are.
    Just compare to a lot of other coutries who have recieved aid, and not had half of the accomplishes which Israel has.

At the moment the future doesn't seem very bright, but I'll tell you, NO Israeli I have ever met hasn't had the longing for the better. And this is a goal, which they will try to succeed on achieving.
    So far they have had their downs, but look at it on the whole, and they have managed better than anyone could have thought was possible, with all of the difficulties they have had on their backs.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    I really don't know of any other country which has developed so rapidly in less than 60 years.

Taiwan, S.Korea, China

Are you talking about development as a whole (poilitical, socail, cultural, economic) or just economic?
  • Options
    The key to everything- to state the obvious- is to achieve lasting peace. Both Israel and Palestine, as well as other countries in the region, would make an absolute killing (no pun intended) out of tourism. Great beaches and diving, historical and archeological sites of tremendous importance, not to mention religious pilgrims from the world's 3 biggest religions.

Increased confidence would also mean foreign investment and development projects would rain in. That land has lots of potential for everyone. Unfortunately it lacks peace and stability.
  • Options
    But if you wipe out the Arabs then there will be lots of room for hotels and permanent peace, how good is that?
  • Options
    But see Jacqueline you still didn't get to the main problem: people. To have a Jewish state, you need Jews. Israel is becoming less Jewish. Now peace may help if Jews from around the world relocate to Isreal. Or if peace causes Jews to have many more babies. Meantime, Arabs have more babies than Jews. That's my point.
  • Options
    Israel is a secular state is it not?
  • Options
    No, it's a Jewish state. One example, their work week starts on Sunday. They're off on Fridays and Saturdays...as is followed in their religion. Think that works out well for the Muslims too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    But see Jacqueline you still didn't get to the main problem: people. To have a Jewish state, you need Jews. Israel is becoming less Jewish. Now peace may help if Jews from around the world relocate to Isreal. Or if peace causes Jews to have many more babies. Meantime, Arabs have more babies than Jews. That's my point.

I am aware of the fact that this is a huge future problem for Israel.
    Especially as Arafat has been quoted to say something along the line of "The palestinians Trojan horse and strongest weapon, is the womans womb".
    But I guess that when peace will be achieved, then the Palestinians will have their own country, and not feel the need to invade Israel?

Toad. Israel is a "democratic jewish state". The problem lies, in what has the highest priority, the judaism or democracy within the state?

About your development question; I mean in the whole. Israel has developed and experienced an enormous growth in every way possible.
    Economically(even though the economical state isn't anywhere near good the shekel is still stronger than the Danish crown), socially, culturally and politically.
    You'll find much more diversity within the population, influences and mixes from all over the world.
    Under such conditions, you can't expect anything elese but some kind of gradual development. In Israels case, this has happened very fast (though I don't oppose to the fact that there is still a big whey which they can go).
  • Options
    In order to be a jewish state, does Israel need to have a majority jewish population or merely a majority jewish government?

Israels future is a bloody one :( , but its a future.
  • Options
    Democratic Jewish state?

Souds like a contradiction to me........:confused:
  • Options

The last thing the region needs is mass immigration for the sake of numbers. The ONLY key to peace is for Israel to get out of the occupied territories, give Palestinians their land and allow and recognise a full independent Palestinian Nation.
  • Options
    But even if Isreal did that, the Arab population within Isreal would outnumber the Jews within the Jewish state.

The reason I brought this up is because it seems even more futile.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Balddog
    In order to be a jewish state, does Israel need to have a majority jewish population or merely a majority jewish government?

Either way, with a majority of arab voters, your probably get the majority of the government being arabs, which I don't think would benefit any jewish cause.
  • Options
    Well, that's the thing. Here's another thought. If most of your population is no longer Jewish but you want to still have a Jewish state, do you start passing laws that only Jews can vote? I think there's issues with land ownership and voting within Jeruselem. (spelling)
  • Options
    Well, that's the thing. Here's another thought. If most of your population is no longer Jewish but you want to still have a Jewish state, do you start passing laws that only Jews can vote? I think there's issues with land ownership and voting within Jeruselem. (spelling)

As far as I know every israeli citizen over the age of 18 has the right to vote, this includes arabs.
    I am not sure about land ownership. Though in the whole there are some spcific rules for building houses in Jerusalem, and I don't know exactly which rules apply tho who.
    Could try to find out.
  • Options
    See, if there's peace, it could all work out because emigration would just take care of the population difference. But this issue gives you insight into what drives Sharon and the settlers who want a Jewish homeland. As an outsider, the more I read about the Middle East the more complicated it seems.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin

Er... I'm talking from memory here but I seem to remember Israel has received to date around 40 Billion Dollars in aid from the US- that's not including much of the stat-of-the-art military hardware given to them or sold for peanuts. I suspect that is more aid than any country in the world could ever dream of receiving. Without it Israel would have long disintegrated as a country, not only from neighbouring hostility but from bankruptcy.

Ummm, its much higher than that.

link

And yes, Israel as a state would have ceased to exist long ago without the US, probably in the '67 war.
  • Options
    I don’t think that there will ever been peace in that part of the world, not in the way you are thinking, too much bad blood, it’s been going on for centuries and is not going to stop by some peace accord. There will only be peace when one side has completely defeated the other. At the moments the Jews are well in the lead and the Arabs are just managing to hold on. This may be down to US funding, but any nation that makes friends with a Superpower has made a smart move in my view, the Arabs have not been very successful in that area, and with OBL and his Muslim friutcake mates, the Arab cause is all but lost.

I’ve never seen or heard of anybody boycotting Israeli/Jewish business, this must be a student thing. I know lots of people who have boycotted Islamic business since 9/11 but not Jewish.

The initial comment on the future variability of Israel could be expanded to virtually, any nation in the Middle East, Africa, central Asia and much of the Pacific Rim. Many of these places are in a terrible mess. A geopolitical map of the world in 50 years time might look very different to one of the present.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Alessandro

link

Jesus Christ! One could wipe out the third world's debt for good and have every child in the world vaccinated against all known diseases for that amount!
  • Options
    any nation that makes friends with a Superpower has made a smart move in my view, the Arabs have not been very successful in that area, and with OBL and his Muslim friutcake mates, the Arab cause is all but lost.

I’ve never seen or heard of anybody boycotting Israeli/Jewish business, this must be a student thing. I know lots of people who have boycotted Islamic business since 9/11 but not Jewish.

Not so much 'making friends' with a superpower as running the country in question. ;)

No doubt some people will boycott certain businesses because of their links with one culture or another. I know people who will not shop in Marks & Spencer because of its alleged Jewish connections, and I've seen others handing out leaflets listing Jewish-owned businesses. These include some of the big supermarket chains and other big names.

Blanket boycotting of a company because it has Muslim or Jewish connections is just plain stupid anyway. Unless the company or product is directly involved in the conflict at hand, that is.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Alessandro

link

And yes, Israel as a state would have ceased to exist long ago without the US, probably in the '67 war.

Well its 240billion dollars which is a lot more but that article really scrapes the barrel..

Its the cost of Israel rather than the money given to Israel. Money lost because of an arab imposed oil embargo thanks to the US helping Israel defend herself in the '73 war :rolleyes:

Lets be fair, most nations wouldnt exist without help from others. USA wouldnt be here if not for France, UK wouldnt be here if not for US and Russia etc etc etc etc etc. This isnt a new thing.
  • Options

Seen just the opposite. There's a shop here, which only purpose is to sell those hidious thesite-orange "Boycot Israel" t-shirts and other things of the like.

Many shops stopped importing foods from Israel (primarily oranges, grapes and other forms of citrus-fruits), though after demand they got it back.
    And even when they got the stuff back, stickers with "Boycot Israel" was stuck on every single product.

I am just wondering how much those people would boycot medical treatment which has been developed by Israelis?
  • Options
    I understand that the UK are about to purchase the Israeli designed and made Arrow A2S missile, the yanks are also looking at buying the same thing.

Boycotting M&S because it was started by two Jewish guys is just plain ludicrous.
    It’s hardly affected their profits has it?
  • Options
    In the Middle East, Starbucks was being boycotted by Arabs for a while because the founder/President is Jewish and made a pro-Israel statement.
  • Options
    After 9/11 a lot of the Pakistani restaurants in Birmingham (UK) were empty, all those anthrax scares as so on, I’m not sure that they have recovered, I’ve not been back myself since, taken to eating Chinese.

My wife will not get in a taxi, if the driver is Asian (meaning mainly Moslem in UK) as she is of the opinion that many are rapists. She always phones a company that only employ white drivers.
  • Options

My wife will not get in a taxi, if the driver is Asian (meaning mainly Moslem in UK) as she is of the opinion that many are rapists. She always phones a company that only employ white drivers.

Are you sure that is a post- 11th/9 reaction?

Don't know... Personally, pre/post- 11th of Sept, I have never told arab/muslim cab drivers where my mom is from.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin

The last thing the region needs is mass immigration for the sake of numbers. The ONLY key to peace is for Israel to get out of the occupied territories, give Palestinians their land and allow and recognise a full independent Palestinian Nation.

Glad you are so open to various options. I can come up with at least two other scenarios that will solve the problem. You won't like them, of course. And if that was the answer...why didn't the Arab nations of the region take back the land when offered and do just that?