Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

If 'Dubya' wishes to eradicate the world of terrorism....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
then how can he allow Irish-Americans to fund the Provisional (and perhaps) the Real IRA?

Bush is a buffoon and is the most incompetent US President in my lifetime!! Bring back Ronnie!! :D;)

Comments

• Options
    Re: If 'Dubya' wishes to eradicate the world of terrorism....
    Originally posted by onenatcons
    then how can he allow Irish-Americans to fund the Provisional (and perhaps) the Real IRA?

Bush is a buffoon and is the most incompetent US President in my lifetime!! Bring back Ronnie!! :D;)

It's called "liberty". Idiots can do what they like with their money. If they're caught breaking the law, they can lose their money and go to jail. How can the Prime Minister allow you to make your idiotic comments?
  • Options
    There are LIMITS AND RESPONSIBILITIES linked with freedom!!! :)

A war against terror must be total or non-existent. If Dubya wants to eradicate terrorist organisations he must atttempt to dismantle the Provisional and Real Irish Republican Armies. Isn't funding terrorist organisations against the law? If some Irish-American can fund the IRA then why can't a Muslim in the USA fund Al-Qaeda? Fair is fair, no.......

Besides, if an American is free to do what they wish with their money (which is their property, after all :)) then why not buy cigars from Cuba? Or an ounce of pot from their local cannabis dealer? Shit..you mentioned freedom...:rolleyes: Both are evidently illegal in the US, no? :D
  • Options
    Yeah, I think Bush's attitudes are slightly contradictory here. If everyone followed his logic of bombing nations that harbour terrorists or people who fund terrorists, then the response to IRA attcks on London could mean that Britain would be within its rights to bomb Boston. That said, I think saying that freedom is illegal in the US is slightly over the top.
    Although I'm sure the US doesn't openly condone funding the IRA etc, it is still a real problem and Bush should probably do something about the problems in his own backyard before trying to set the rest of the world to rights.
  • Options
    Who has let onenatcons out of his cage again? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    for once onenatcons speaks the truth!

(and not the usual bullshit :rolleyes: )
  • Options
    There are LIMITS AND RESPONSIBILITIES linked with freedom!!! :)

True, but what makes you think you get to be the one to decide what they are?
    A war against terror must be total or non-existent. If Dubya wants to eradicate terrorist organisations he must atttempt to dismantle the Provisional and Real Irish Republican Armies. Isn't funding terrorist organisations against the law? If some Irish-American can fund the IRA then why can't a Muslim in the USA fund Al-Qaeda? Fair is fair, no.......

So, now you are an expert on warfare? "must be total or non-existent"? Mind if we NUKE Belfast? It is in fact illegal to fund organizations listed as terrorist organizations...however, most fund-raisers in the US claim to be raising funds for the legal party, not for the Tangos.
    Besides, if an American is free to do what they wish with their money (which is their property, after all :)) then why not buy cigars from Cuba? Or an ounce of pot from their local cannabis dealer? Shit..you mentioned freedom...:rolleyes: Both are evidently illegal in the US, no? :D

You can buy Cigars from Cuba. Not cheap, but legal. Importing them from Cuba is illegal. Though the cigars from Honduras are a hell of a lot better. As for pot, it is illegal. Maybe you should reread my post.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Who has let onenatcons out of his cage again? :rolleyes:

He speaks perfect sense (which came as a pleasant surprise;)) and it is an issue that has come up on here a couple of times before, yet is never resolved. Bush is showing blatent hypocrisy, and I think Blair should bring it up with him. But, of course, he won't.
  • Options
    True, but what makes you think you get to be the one to decide what they are?

OK, so if have freedom, then why can't I be free to stab the first person I see in the street with a knife? I'm free, no..:rolleyes:...

The ONLY limit to one's freedom must be when those freedoms conflict with the freedoms of others. EVERY old dimwit knows that!!!! :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mindless all the way

He speaks perfect sense (which came as a pleasant surprise;)) and it is an issue that has come up on here a couple of times before, yet is never resolved. Bush is showing blatent hypocrisy, and I think Blair should bring it up with him. But, of course, he won't.

As long as your government recognizes the political arm of the IRA as a legitimate party, the fund raisers have their way of raising money. I expect that is why Blair won't mention it....not to mention that you lot wouldn't take too kindly to American soldiers digging the terrorists out from among you. :p
  • Options

OK, so if have freedom, then why can't I be free to stab the first person I see in the street with a knife? I'm free, no..:rolleyes:...

The ONLY limit to one's freedom must be when those freedoms conflict with the freedoms of others. EVERY old dimwit knows that!!!! :D:D:D:D

OK, so don't pay taxes....
  • Options
    Greehat:
    not to mention that you lot wouldn't take too kindly to American soldiers digging the terrorists out from among you.

onenatcons did seem to ignore that.. Point is, by onenatcons's words not attacking the IRA is bad. However again by onenatcons's waords about Bush being a warmonger for attacking islamic extremists, attacking the IRA would also be bad..

Which statement applies to onenatcons's position:
    1. Bush is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't apply here
    2. onenatcons does not have a consistant position, nor can he make up his mind..
    onenatcons:
    If 'Dubya' wishes to eradicate the world of terrorism....
    Three Bombs Used in Bali Attack
    Police consider how to interrogate ailing spiritual leader of militant group
    Must be a DubYa in Bali....
    Abu Sayyaf Leader in Custody
    Philippines captures leader of extremist group, kills five guerillas
    Must be a DubYa in the Philippines...
    U.S., South Korea to Pressure North Korea on Nukes
    S. Korean negotiator visits communist state to urge it to abandon weapons program
    Must be a Dubya in S Korea.
    Explosion Near Moscow McDonald's
    Officials unsure if blast is 'terrorist' or 'criminal' act; at least seven injured
    If the Russians go after the terrorists, might even be a Dubya in Russia..

I could go on and on listing more attacks and more Nations responding to terrorism.

So there seems to be a lil Dubya in many people, especially after the killing reaches their home.. I guess the question becomes, how many must die before there's a little Dubya in you?
  • Options
    Indonesian Cleric Arrested in Church Bombings
    Suspect in Bali bombing is spiritual leader of militant Islamic group

An arrest? Hmmm must be that warmonger Dubya again...

If you wish to live life wearing blinders, a blindfold and in the osterich position, head in hole in sand and your arse showing... Expect others to notice...

After the war on terrorism is over, I'm sure those that are against it will be the first to take advantage of the peace, stability and safety offered...

Probably by taking a nice safe Holiday while complaining... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat

....not to mention that you lot wouldn't take too kindly to American soldiers digging the terrorists out from among you. :p

Hmmm... that had me wondering, too. :confused:

Was that an open invitation for US forces to come to the UK and settle things down?

Think I hear the Marine recruiters gearing up...
  • Options
    Originally posted by reverse
    onenatcons did seem to ignore that.. Point is, by onenatcons's words not attacking the IRA is bad. However again by onenatcons's waords about Bush being a warmonger for attacking islamic extremists, attacking the IRA would also be bad..
    Think you're overanalysing ONC's post. The point is that someone's being a hypocrite if it's regarded as being OK to make deals with the IRA but not with Al-qa'ida. Of course, one could argue that Al-Q haven't actually made any demands, but that is to ignore the facts that there are things the Bush admin cold do to 'drain the swamp water' and reduce the support Al-Q enjoys from disaffected muslims across the globe.

BTW, I guess there's been a little Dubya in the British PM for some time now. Explains why he felt able to dispense with Peter Mandelson's services (ooh, behave, now...:D )
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat

OK, so don't pay taxes....

Taxes..:confused: What the crap are you blabbering on about man and what has that got to do with this thread? :) So you reckon I can kill and get away it? Shit, the dopey strike again...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • Options

Which statement applies to onenatcons's position:
    1. Bush is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't apply here
    2. onenatcons does not have a consistant position, nor can he make up his mind..

Must be a DubYa in Bali....

Must be a DubYa in the Philippines...

Must be a Dubya in S Korea.

If the Russians go after the terrorists, might even be a Dubya in Russia..

I could go on and on listing more attacks and more Nations responding to terrorism.

So there seems to be a lil Dubya in many people, especially after the killing reaches their home.. I guess the question becomes, how many must die before there's a little Dubya in you?

Bullshit. :)

IF Dubya reckons that terrorism is bad, then ALL terrorism must apply. Not those that just directly threaten the US.
  • Options

IF Dubya reckons that terrorism is bad, then ALL terrorism must apply. Not those that just directly threaten the US.

Dearie, his firs priority is the US.
  • Options
    onenatcons, read what Jacqueline said..
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper:
    Dearie, his firs priority is the US.
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper:
    That's all for now, from this little and naive Danish girl

Perhaps a little Danish girl, but not at all a naive Danish girl

Now speaking of naive.......... :D

Our little Danish girl's words do seem to apply, plus beings some many here are against Bush attacking those that attacked his Country....
    Wouldn't they be very angry if Bush attacked their specific terrorists also??
    My oh my can you read the posts here if a Cruise missile blew up an IRA HQ.. :D

He said all terrorists, plus those that harbor them and support them.. Give him time, obviously the list is quite long...

First, you fault him for wanting to attack some, now you fault him for not immediately attacking all..
    Which is it?? :rolleyes:

• Options

My oh my can you read the posts here if a Cruise missile blew up an IRA HQ.. :D

A little drastic, to be sure.

However...

Where should we set up the fire base? Londonderry? or London?

Problem is... we would have to bring along our own recreation. Not as much a fun place as that other place we partied... ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by sopite
    Problem is... we would have to bring along our own recreation. Not as much a fun place as that other place we partied... ;)
    Yes, in Ireland the favoured neck adornments are Rosary beads, not human ears ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe
    Yes, in Ireland the favoured neck adornments are Rosary beads, not human ears ;)

Another urban myth... :rolleyes: and proof to my assertion that both Londonderry and London are rather boring places to be stuck. So boring, the indigs live their lives in fantasy, rather than their mind-numbing reality. The quoted post would give evidence of such...

*wonders if "uncle joe" has ever sought medical/chemical help for his delusional state*
  • Options
    Another urban myth...
    Sure, we wouldn't expect you to admit it, now... ;)
  • Options
    You know? Attempting an intelligent discussion with you in the area is like talking to a pile of dogshit... when your done, it still stinks up the place, just the same.

The taking of NVA or VC (or even civilian ears) as "trophies" in Vietnam - much less the wearing of same as an "ornament" - simply was not tolerated, much less accepted. To have done so would have Articled your sorry ass to the brig for a long damned time. While there may have been isolated occurances, it was NOT common or accepted behavior.

That fucking simple.

All of your wishing and hoping and praying that your individual delusions might be real, simply does not make it so. It simply demonstrates a pathetic inability to deal with reality...

{edit} You really should get some help concerning your delusions.
  • Options
    The taking of NVA or VC (or even civilian ears) as "trophies" in Vietnam - much less the wearing of same as an "ornament" - simply was not tolerated, much less accepted. To have done so would have Articled your sorry ass to the brig for a long damned time. While there may have been isolated occurances, it was NOT common or accepted behavior.
    Well, we seem to have gone from "urban myth" (checked the Snopes site, by the way, and it wasn't in there) to "isolated occurances" which weren't "accepted behaviour". That's some distance in such a short space of time, but at least it accords with

http://members.aol.com/philliprcoleman/pc17.htm

"Nearing the end of the war the "body count" became the measure for mission success or failure. Incidents like My Lai revealed the killing had gotten out of hand. Photographs of GI's pridefully wearing necklaces of human ears or other body parts made their way into the international press. Some soldiers found targets in anything that moved... resulting in thousands of Americans injured or killed by 'friendly fire'. Unrestrained racism leads to unrestrained killing."

(interesting homepage, btw)

Anyway relax, I'm only funnin' witcha, in the same spirit you and reverse like to extend to us 'parasites'. Go on, tell us more about "that other place we partied..." :)
  • Options
    Unca joe,
    The man responsible for my lai went to jail..

BTW
    Our world, the human race, simply cannot survive if even one group is permitted to wage genocidal war on another group.
    The islamic radicals say cease to exist..

sheepw_stuck_on_fence_md_wht.gif
    Yes, that is what a sheep straddling a fence looks like. It would make a great avatar for you..
  • Options
    Well, we seem to have gone from "urban myth" (checked the Snopes site, by the way, and it wasn't in there) to "isolated occurances" which weren't "accepted behaviour".

As clearly as can be stated:

Your claim that wearing ears taken from Vietnamese was commonplace in Vietnam is an URBAN MYTH, joyfully repeated by those who wish it were so.

In the years from 1970 through 1972 - while I was in country - I did not once witness ANYONE wearing (or possessing) an ear as a trophy. NOT ONE DAMNED TIME.

I have never spoken to another vet who stated that he had either taken an ear, or had witnessed the same.

While it MAY have happened, I did not witness it. I was obviously not in every corner of the country on every day through out the US involvement, so I cannot state that it never happened. If it HAD happened, the person wearing the ear would have been court martialled, and imprisoned. Just as happened concerning the incident at My Lai. Such behavior was NOT accepted, NOT tolerated, NOT allowed.

There is no "distance traveled", but a statement of truth.

The ONLY equivocation comes from your corner.

Phill Coleman has his own agenda, and his own axe to grind. Might take his motivation into consideration before accepting anything/everything he utters as "gospel".

Why do you not regale us with your experiences in Vietnam during that timeframe?

If such pictures exist - from the infamous "international press"? Post them. Otherwise? Kindly zip your sewer.
  • Options

Taxes..:confused: What the crap are you blabbering on about man and what has that got to do with this thread? :) So you reckon I can kill and get away it? Shit, the dopey strike again...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You have a hard time with basic thoughts, don't you?

If the only restriction on your freedom is that which conflicts with others' freedom, then you are free to not pay taxes. Try it and see how free you are.

By the way, I mentioned "liberty", not freedom. They aren't exactly the same thing.
  • Options

Why? Because onenatcons says so?
  • Options
    "resulting in thousands of Americans injured or killed by 'friendly fire'. Unrestrained racism leads to unrestrained killing."

Well, that page doesn't have an agenda, does it?

Thousands of "blue on blue"? Bullshit. Are all your sources this reliable, Uncle Joe?
  • Options
    Photographs of GI's pridefully wearing necklaces of human ears or other body parts made their way into the international press.

Anyway relax, I'm only funnin' witcha, in the same spirit you and reverse like to extend to us 'parasites'. Go on, tell us more about "that other place we partied..." :)

uncle joe,
    Did you ever try thinking about that statement?

Lets apply some thought..

Wouldn't you agree that Vietnam's climate is rather hot and humid.
    So next summer, get a pigs ear or "other body parts" and wear it as a necklace.. Even in the cooler climate of the UK, it will decay, rot, stink and attract flies.

Didn't you even pause for a minute and think about the stench of rotting flesh.. No you did not think at all, some one publishes that on the web, you swallow it, hook, line and sinker...

I say a lot in jest, but I am quite serious here, think when you read such drivel. Don't believe it because you read it, think about what you read. Use your mind. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

BTW, do not put words in my mouth. I never called you or any one else a parasite. Parasites are hard to trick and by what I just saw, they aren't as guillible as you.

Nor have I used the phrase "that other place we partied..."

However I did say that a lack of latin has nothing to do with your lack of a floppy green cover. Its a physical and mental lacking, a lack of manstuff. SAS does not require latin and they will never see you either..
    I can elaborate if you wish, but I am sure even you get what I am saying..