Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

NO CHATS UNTIL TUES 7th APRIL (except Easter Quiz)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone :wave:

Last week saw some very busy and difficult chats. Demand for chat is growing but we recognise that it's not always easy to get support and to feel heard in the current format (support chat in particular).

We hear that a lot of you are feeling frustrated and we're taking this seriously.

When chat works well, it is a fantastic place to get advice from the community and to work through what's on your mind. The chat room is precious and we need to be making sure that it's being used in the best way possible.

So, we have taken the decision to close chat from today for one week so that we can scope ideas and work on the schedule and format of chat sessions. We will re-open on Tuesday 7th April.

We also want to hear your ideas too, you can do that in this thread.

What can I do this week if I need support in the evening?

We know that a lot of you rely on chat and this decision may feel drastic or unfair. We do appreciate this, but we care about chat as much as you do and we want to make sure we tackle the problems head on get chat back on track. That's why we're taking this time out.

In the mean time you can:

1) Post a thread on the boards so that the people who are online can reply to you there. There is likely to be a group of you that usually come to chat who will be online in the evenings. We'd encourage you to take this break to get stuck in with posting threads and helping each other through the message boards.

2) Contact a 1-2-1 service that can support you. Some good examples are:

TESS: http://www.selfinjurysupport.org.uk/...upport-service

Get Connected: http://www.getconnected.org.uk/

Samaritans: http://www.samaritans.org/

7cupsoftea: http://www.7cupsoftea.com/

Thanks for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you all in a week, enjoy your Easter and the Easter Quiz will be running as normal :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There's been a chat thread posted for today already, I'm assuming we just ignore that?
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hiccup wrote: »
    There's been a chat thread posted for today already, I'm assuming we just ignore that?

There's no chat tonight, so we've deleted the thread. Thanks for letting us know ;)
    Jo7 wrote: »

1) Post a thread on the boards so that the people who are online can reply to you there. There is likely to be a group of you that usually come to chat who will be online in the evenings. We'd encourage you to take this break to get stuck in with posting threads and helping each other through the message boards.

Just wanted to add my thoughts on this, I'm really sorry if it's out of place. Would be great if people could post their own threads (if they feel like it) rather than, for example, rely on the hugs thread. I want to be able to offer support by replying to people's posts but find it really difficult to respond to vague statements in this thread, compared to a thread someone has created. It's a lot easier when everything is in one place, especially for someone like me who spends limited times on the boards and in chat... I feel bad responding to people with generic advice when I know that there probably is a whole lot of background to that person's situation, but I don't know about it because its all over the place! Again I'm sorry if I've spoken up inappropriately, I hope it makes sense.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Just wanted to add my thoughts on this, I'm really sorry if it's out of place. Would be great if people could post their own threads (if they feel like it) rather than, for example, rely on the hugs thread. I want to be able to offer support by replying to people's posts but find it really difficult to respond to vague statements in this thread, compared to a thread someone has created. It's a lot easier when everything is in one place, especially for someone like me who spends limited times on the boards and in chat... I feel bad responding to people with generic advice when I know that there probably is a whole lot of background to that person's situation, but I don't know about it because its all over the place! Again I'm sorry if I've spoken up inappropriately, I hope it makes sense.

:thumb: totally makes sense, thanks for your input yellow.
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I agree with ysh.

I will be about to offer support if anyone needs it.

:heart:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    I would like to recommend http://blahtherapy.com/ as an addition to the list of 1-2-1 services that can support you.

I've used it a couple of times (the strangers option) and I find it a lot better than 7 Cups of Tea. Had some really good advice from the anonymous listeners. I'd say give it a try.

:)
    I think we all all need a break from chat as it been up and down with disagreements and start a fresh start after Easter :)
    Fair enough I think a break is a great idea :-)
    Hey jo sc isn't open
    Tamzin123 wrote: »
    Hey jo sc isn't open

That would be because SC and GC are closed until the 7th
    but

but it says there's an easter quiz
    but it says there's an easter quiz

yeah....which finished 30 minutes ago.
    it's not been opened yet
    it's not been opened yet

The easter quiz was 7-8 its now nearly 9pm. The quiz was on because i attended it myself.
    who was mod?
    can you ask them to unblock me
    who was mod?

Nobody's been blocked? The chats closed now. If you've got an issue or you think you've been blocked your best bet would be to PM one of the mods
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    who was mod?

Hey Tamzin :wave:

As Hiccup and the first post in this thread says, normal chats (like support chat and general chat) are on a break over Easter. They will start up again on Tuesday the 7th of April.

Last night's Easter quiz was open from 7pm to just before 8pm in the GC room. Sorry to hear you couldn't find it - some people said they had an issue getting into chat the normal way as the 'join' button didn't appear. You're not blocked, so maybe this was what happened?