Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Admission into what happened

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys

I've been getting loads of questions asked to me about what was put in the thread the other day so I thought it would just be best to make a thread explaining everything. This is really hard for me to do and didn't really want to do it. So please don't give me any harsh or horrible comments please.

As most of you know, I'm in care and don't have any contact with my parents. However around a month ago my dad messaged me asking me to meet him (don't want to go into details about why). Me being me was stupid enough to go see him. One thing happened after another and history repeated itself. The mods on here have been great and very supportive, they were the first people I told about this happening. No one outside of TS knows about this and I'd like to keep it that way please.

After it happened I was very scared about being pregnant. I felt guilty because I had an MRI scan with the chance of me being pregnant. I did the test though and I'm not so that's fine. Well I say its fine, its not really but what can you do

So yeah, struggling with feelings and stuff at the minute but I just created this to answer everyone's questions. Like I said, I didn't want to do this but the comments in the thread sort of made me have to. It was too painful for me to keep repeating myself

Sent by Sony Xperia

Comments

• Options
    I am going to state the obvious and tell you to report him to the police. What if he is molesting other minors?
  • Options
    Don't you think that's at the front of my mind? But its totally pointless telling the police, they do nothing. I've told them time and time again about him but because theres no solid evidence they can't do anything

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    First of all, Im sorry that happened to you, I cant think of anything more awful. But strubbles is right, this man should be in prison and this should definately be reported. Even if you think they cant do anything they cant ignore repeated reports forever
  • Options
    Its totally pointless. I know what will happen and its just not worth the risk. I'm not believed by anyone with authority so what's the point in going through the pain of having to say it all over again to have it thrown back in my face and told I'm lying? They're not going to do anything

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Hi Beckiboo

I'm so sorry about what happened, just really want to give you a big *hug* No one should go through that, I can't imagine what it must feel like - but we are here to support you however we can. I'm really pleased to see you let the mods know about this on here, and I hope that you are ok.

I have to agree with the other comments on here, about reporting your Dad to the police. You might feel like you might be betraying him, however he shouldn't be abusing you - and there's a risk to other young people if you don't tell anyone about this. Have you tried talking to any family members, or a close friend about what's happened?

You mentioned you don't have any faith in the authorities, have you tried to report your Dad to the police before? The police should take this very seriously and let social services know what is going on. You might also want to have a think about contacting Childline - they have a free number you can call if you want to get support and advice about what to do next, and you can even chat to an advisor online in a 1 2 1 session if you feel that might be helpful for you http://www.childline.org.uk/Explore/AbuseSafety/Pages/Sexualabuse.aspx

I really feel for you and hope you are ok. Please let us know how you get on and I hope things get better for you *hug*
  • Options
    I really didn't want sympathy from making this thread... People go through a lot worse then what I've been through.

Social services and the police know what both parents are like. I've reported both of them so many times but never taken seriously. I'm in care because they had no choice but to move me out. But they've made it quite clear they think I'm making it up so I am not going through the trauma of reliving the whole thing by telling the police just to get a predictable outcome. Please don't say I don't know what the outcome will be because I really do. I've been there too many times.

I might sound selfish through what I'm saying but unless you have been with me all my life and been with me when social services told me they didn't believe me, then I don't think anyone has any room to judge

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Becki

Sorry to hear about that. :/ I aree with the others-you should go to the police,no matter what!?You are 18 now and they wil more than likely treat the matter differently and listen to you more.What did/didnt they do last time you spoke to them?

Have you spoken to CL?Theyd listen as well as al the mods and members on here
  • Options
    Okay, so if it was as easy as just going to police don't you think I would have done that by now? Do you think I like the thought of him roaming the streets etc?! No. So please listen to what I am saying about not being able to go

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Well there is no point giving up.It IS worth a try,Trust me.And I am only trying to help.Well,if you went to the police then your dad would NOT be roaming the streets?! :'( xx
  • Options
    Yes he would because as I've explained numerous times I've been to the police countless times and nothing was done

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    Yes he would because as I've explained numerous times I've been to the police countless times and nothing was done

Sent by Sony Xperia

He wouldnt,more than likely anyway.You are older-now 18 too so theyll listen more to what you hae to say.Trust me!
  • Options
    They won't listen to a child but with listen to an adult? Very unlikely

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    They won't listen to a child but with listen to an adult? Very unlikely

Sent by Sony Xperia

It's actually more than likely that they'll listen to an adult than a child
  • Options
    I won't be believed though. Never have, never will.
    I knew it was a mistake to make this thread

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    I won't be believed though. Never have, never will.
    I knew it was a mistake to make this thread

Sent by Sony Xperia

But you don't know that for certain.. You cannot possibly know that for certain.

It wasn't a mistake making this thread, not at all. Props to you for making it, I certainly wouldn't have had the courage to.

I'm sorry all this happened to you I really am
  • Options
    I've reported him to the police more times then I can count on my hands and they've never done anything so I am more then certain

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    I've reported him to the police more times then I can count on my hands and they've never done anything so I am more then certain

Sent by Sony Xperia

Not every outcome is the same though. I know that it's horrible having to bring it all up to the police, trust me I do.
    But you can't predict the future so you definitely can't be certain of the outcome
  • Options
    I'm not going round in circles with people. I'm not reporting it because I know that I won't get anywhere with them so can we just drop the whole police thing please

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Its true.They will.
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Sending you *hug*s Becki.

Proud of you for making this thread. I know how difficult it was for you :heart:

How are you feeling today?
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    I'm plodding on

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Sending you *hug*s
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Thanks

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Nobody can know for sure how this is for Becki and ganging up on her about the police certainly isn't going to help. Yes I know you're only trying to help but you need to respect what Becki is saying and realise that you probably make things worse nagging at her like that.

Sending you a massive hug Becki *hug* I really wish there was something I could say/do to make all of this go away for you.
  • Options
    Well done making this thread Becki and sorry to hear what you've been through.

I know what you mean about the police I think it depends on the police officer you get I had a great one but lack of evidence meant it couldn't be processed further which is a let down but it meant it was on record. It's upto you what you want to do as it's hard for anyone not in your position to make the decision for you and you have to think of your own health and mental well being in the process.

I'm here if you want to chat lovely xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Wait,so i get moaned at for stating the truth(the other day)then I get moaned at for trying to help.What the hell am I suposed to do then?

I am NOT ganging up on here for a start.But if you think that then fair enough!!Old MadOld Mad
  • Options
    Wait,so i get moaned at for stating the truth(the other day)then I get moaned at for trying to help.What the hell am I suposed to do then?

I am NOT ganging up on here for a start.But if you think that then fair enough!!Old MadOld Mad

I think you may have misunderstood my post a little. I recognised that I'm aware you're trying to help and I should have added that the support you've been trying to offer is lovely but you don't need to post more than once saying the same thing over and over, especially when Becki has made it very clear that she doesn't want to involve the police again. I'm not moaning at you at all and I apologise if I've offended you, maybe nagging wasn't the right word for me to use.
  • Options
    Okay.I did understand what you meant but maybe i didnt need to speak that way in my post.I understand what your saying there but she is not helping herself either!xx
  • Options
    I understand what your saying there but she is not helping herself either!xx

See, that's not fair to say at all and I completely disagree with that. You really need to take in what Becki has told you on here and accept it. I'm leaving this thread now.
  • Options
    Maybe it wasnt right to say?I dont intend to be mean in any of my posts....so am I