Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Admission into what happened

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I knew I'd done the wrong thing in making this thread

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Thank you so much. And thank you to everyone else that have been supportive on here. Means a lot

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    I knew I'd done the wrong thing in making this thread

Sent by Sony Xperia

Whyim only tring to help but your not trying to do anything to help yourself either xx
  • Options
    You don't know anything about me or my life, only what I've put in this thread so you have no right say I haven't helped myself. Have you been with me the past 18 years of my life? No. Was you there when all this happened to me? No. Do you know how badly the police and social services have responded to me when I've told them what has happened? No. So leave it! If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. I have enough things said to me offline, I wanted ts to be a safe place where I could talk with out being judged but once again I can't do that

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Whyim only tring to help but your not trying to do anything to help yourself either xx

Maybe she's helping herself by doing what's best for her, for example, not having to relive it by going to the police could be best for her? I realise I also went on about her going to the police but I didn't take into account the effect it would have on her.
  • Options
    You don't know anything about me or my life, only what I've put in this thread so you have no right say I haven't helped myself. Have you been with me the past 18 years of my life? No. Was you there when all this happened to me? No. Do you know how badly the police and social services have responded to me when I've told them what has happened? No. So leave it! If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. I have enough things said to me offline, I wanted ts to be a safe place where I could talk with out being judged but once again I can't do that

Sent by Sony Xperia

OkayOld Mad
  • Options
    Hiccup wrote: »
    Maybe she's helping herself by doing what's best for her, for example, not having to relive it by going to the police could be best for her? I realise I also went on about her going to the police but I didn't take into account the effect it would have on her.

Thank you. I got your pm too. Much appreciated

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    No need

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I don't think this is a very fair statement to make. You don't know becki's situation. It's always best to not make assumptions about people cos you don't know what somebody is going through.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Do you know what, someone told me it would good for me to make a thread about this so I could get support from the community. Totally regret it now. I told them this would happen, I was right

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Whowhere wrote: »
    you didn't do the wrong thing at all. The initial reaction when people here a story like yours is "tell the police" "if you don't tell the police it may happen to others" e.t.c. which I think can be a very harmful thing to say and places the onus of responsibility on the victim.

It is NEVER the fault of the person who has been abused, the entire responsibility lays at the feet of your dad and the people in authority who have failed you and you should NEVER feel guilty about anything that might happen afterwards. I don't blame you for not wanting to put yourself through the whole thing again. You have made the right decision for you, and that is the only thing that matters.
    If some people who you will never meet can't see that, then that is their problem, not yours. You should never have to justify yourself or your decision here, you came her looking for support and I'm ashamed to say you feel like you haven't found it.

Please don't let this thread prevent you from looking for help again. A few people don't have the benefit of years of wisdom behind them, we can't all be jaded 31 year olds ;)

This. You were right to start the thread Becki and I'm glad that for the most part you have been able to focus on those who've been supportive - keep doing that and know that we just want you to find your own way through this with whatever help feels right along the way.
  • Options
    People don't want what's best for me though, they want what's best for society. I'd like this thread taken down if possible please.
    I was feeling guilty as it is, feel even more so now...

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Hi BeckiBoo,

As Helen and others have said, it was very courageous of you to open up about what you've been through - and please do take away the positive advice and support. You know your situation better than anyone else.
    I will close this thread now, but please feel free to post another about anything else you wish *hug*
  • Options
    This is open again... Just like to say thanks for all your support

Seen as I won't be going in chat anymore this is the only place I will be talking from now on. Please let it be a non judgemental zone...

I've been having flashbacks recently, quite a lot actually. They're so horrid - I hate them. I wish there was some way of making then disappear overnight

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Sending you *hug*s becki :heart:

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Just popping in to say I've deleted a few posts as the thread was getting a big off topic. I'll PM the relevant people :)
  • Options
    Thanks James

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    I have nothing helpful to add (because I thankfully have never been in your situation) but well done for posting this.

I hope you're getting any support, etc. that you need.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    I have nothing helpful to add (because I thankfully have never been in your situation) but well done for posting this.

I hope you're getting any support, etc. that you need.

Thank you 😊

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Sending some hugs your way lovely :)

How's things going!?xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Thank you!! I'm plodding along 😊 how are you? xx

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Had a really bad night last night in terms of flashbacks and stuff. I'm sure they're getting worse which I really don't want. I can see me staying behind close doors forever if they get any worse. I already have up to 4 a day, don't want anymore 😥

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    I don't have anything useful to really say. I am sorry but I am here if you need a chat or anything. :heart:

• Options
    Thanks 'narna

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Thanks 'narna

Sent by Sony Xperia

NanaNanaNanaNana BATMANNNN ;)

It's okay lovely one!! :heart:
  • Options
    Haha

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Having a bad day today. Just had another flashback :( I am sick to death of them. I'm seeing the college counsellor in about 20 minutes (my first proper session after the assessment on Friday) but I don't think I will bring it up to her. Pointless. She can't stop me from having them. I really hope that I don't have these all my life

Sent by Sony Xperia
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you're having a bad day, it would be helpful to tell your counsellor if you can she may be able to suggest ways to minimise and handle the flashbacks if you feel able to open up to her a little x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Do you receive any other help?
  • Options
    My counsellor didn't turn up and she's not answering me. She must be busy.
    Yeah a counsellor comes to the house every other Friday too

Sent by Sony Xperia