Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Really anxious :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Really anxious about everything atm, i'm really pleased that i'm being given a lot of support now and hopefully that will prevent me going back into hospital but I can't help being anxious about it all. I'm really anxious because i've got a crisis team assessment on Monday and the last time I had one of those I was admitted. I'm anxious nothing will or can ever help me. I'm anxious i'll end up back in hospital. I'm anxious about seeing a psychologist. I'm anxious about meeting my new support worker. I'm anxious for the future. I'm anxious about if I go under home treatment and especially anxious about seeing another psychiatrist I'm hoping I can refuse to see a psychiatrist and i'm anxious about going into supported housing and i'm anxious that my doctor is probably sick of me and i'm worried i'll book another appt and she wont want to see me just so anxious it's silly and I am really appreciative of the help being offered but i'm also really worried about it all sorry if i'm being silly :(

Comments

• Options
    Ah my assessment is tomorrow :/ So nervous.
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey,

It seems like you have lots going on at the minute, it's good that you are getting the support though. I understand that you may be worried about seeing the crisis team for that assessment, cos sometimes when something happens that we don't like from something, then when something happens that is similar we think we may get the same outcome, I hope that makes some sense. So what I mean you may associate the crisis team with being admitted to hospital, but this time it may be different.

It's normal to be worried when you are meeting somebody new, so try not to worry to much about it, do you have anybody you can talk to about all your worries?

Doctors can't get sick of you, they have a duty of care and it is their job role.

Keep us posted on how your doing.

Sorry my reply isn't that great, I have been trying to word it in my head for like 10 minutes and it still doesn't make sense.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    You may associate the crisis team with being admitted to hospital, but this time it may be different.

Doctors can't get sick of you, they have a duty of care and it is their job role.

:yes: I agree with everything *BananaMonkey* has said.

It's completely understandable that you feel so anxious with everything, you have a lot going on. I know it's hard but try and remember that, mostly, nothing is ever as scary as you think it is going to be.

We had an expert chat on anxiety and panic attacks a few months back. Maybe you could have a read at some point:

http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat/chatarchive/anxietyandpanicattacks
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies I appreciate it. My assessment is this afternoon. I'm struggling to see the point in going. I just want my life to be over. And no got no one i can talk to about it :(
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    You can talk to us hun. We are here for you.

Hopefully you manage to get to go to your assessment it should hopefully help you. Hugs x

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Thank you I appreciate it. I don't see how it can help, nothing can. I need to die :'(
  • Options
    You just need to be completely honest. Whatever happens will be to help you, people care and they want to help. You can do this.

Maybe you could write down some positives? What you want your life to be like, what you want to do in the future, good things, happy things. Keep looking at that list, and realise the help you are getting will help you to, one day, achieve all of that.
  • Options
    Thank you. I'm freaking out. I think I've made a huge mistake. Shitting myself can't do this :(
  • Options
    What's happened? How did your appointment go? We're here for you *hug*
  • Options
    Well I'm under home treatment being seen every day at first which I guess is fine but I've got to see a psych and I've got to have blood tests and possible physical exam and they can't weigh me! they are things that panic me so much I don't wanna see any doctors other than my own I don't know what to do I dont think I can do this and there will be a review Monday to see if I can go down to being seen every other day or go into hospital if necessary ahh sorry if I'm being silly but I don't think I can do this :'(
  • Options
    You're not being silly at all, I understand why this is all making you panic.

I know it's a lot, and I know it's a scary thought, but try and remember all of this is to help you. Do you want to ever feel happier? Maybe you could try, and if you don't like it or it's still so scary, then you can give all of the help up, if that's the way you feel.
  • Options
    Thanks for understanding yeah I guess you're right I could refuse the things I really cant do but I will try to engage as much as I can and hope for the best. I just hope I get someone nice seeing me tomorrow and that I don't see the doctor for a few days :/ yeah I do want to feel better just feel so hopeless.
  • Options
    Well done on giving it a try, that's really great and really brave.

We're here, post whenever you need to.
  • Options
    Thank you x
  • Options
    I can't do this. Ah panicking so much :(
  • Options
    Do what? Remember to take slow deep breaths, remember all of this is to help you. We're here.
  • Options
    Do home treatment :( thanks I'll try just don't know how to calm down. Maybe I should just discharge myself then kill myself :/
  • Options
    You can do it, remember usually it's no way near as scary as you think it will be.

Just try to focus on your breathing. Lie down, put one hand on your stomach and one hand on your chest, notice your breathing, what it feels like, how it enters and leaves your body.
  • Options
    Thanks. Not gotta do it now thank God. I discharged myself. Oh well guess that means I've got to kill myself.
  • Options
    Thanks. Not gotta do it now thank God. I discharged myself. Oh well guess that means I've got to kill myself.

Why do you feel like you've got to kill yourself?

Discharging yourself is not bad, or weak, and I still think you're brave for even trying.

I think we should try and find some positive coping methods for you.
  • Options
    I didn't even give it a chance though. I don't see a way forward now. Only killing myself. :'(
  • Options
    It doesn't matter that you didn't go through with the help, you tried and that's the most important thing.

There is definitely a way forward, there always is.

Tell me what you enjoy doing, what makes you happy?
  • Options
    hope it went ok for u xx
  • Options
    I didn't even try though I cancelled the appt and discharged myself over the phone. My doctor and cmht are gonna hate me. Guess I've been given too many chances and I should just kill myself. I'm a horrible person. I don't enjoy anything anymore. I feel nothing. And thank you xx
  • Options
    I hope it isn't too late. Otherwise I really am going to end up dead pretty soon :(
  • Options
    I hope it isn't too late. Otherwise I really am going to end up dead pretty soon :(

What do you mean?
  • Options
    Called out of hours to say i'd changed my mind again I will try and engage and I explained that I just panicked they said the crisis team will give me a call tomorrow and hopefully sort something out. I'm not sure if they'll want to or whether they'll bother with me now. They'll probably see it as me messing them around. I really haven't meant it. I just really panicked. Since speaking to my doctor earlier I feel a bit better about it and I need to do what she says so I am really trying to push myself I just hope it isn't too late and that they'll still put me back under home treatment :/
  • Options
    Well done! That's such a brave thing to do, and I think you've made a sensible decision.

I'm sure everything will be okay if you've explained. Keep us posted :)
  • Options
    Ah thanks. I was an idiot for cancelling and discharging myself in the first place but I just couldn't help it I panicked so much. It definitely helped to speak to my doctor earlier though she has made me realise. I'm not sure how to explain to them though? They probably would rather me kill myself now :/
  • Options
    Nobody would rather you kill yourself at all.

People care and want to help you. You can do this, you're clearly brave.

Try not to be too hard on yourself.