Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My mind going downhill

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nobody here will think that about you, honey. Rubber has already said everything else but if you need to chat just drop me a PM x

Thank you x
  • Options
    What can I do? I've been taking the citalopram but it hasn't made any difference. Not even any crappy side effects. I'm really really desperate. I've called Samaritans but talking isn't helping. I'm seeing the doctor again on the 18th but that seems really far away. And I don't see what she can do anyway? I don't know what to do. I'm finding it really hard to cope with being me.
  • Options
    How long have you been taking the citalopram?

It might take a while to kick in.

Maybe you could bring the GP app forward?
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    How long have you been taking the citalopram?

It might take a while to kick in.

Maybe you could bring the GP app forward?

Only a week or so, so I suppose I should wait longer before saying it doesn't work.

I can't change my GP app because I'm going to be in another place this week. Having a change of scenery might do me good anyway, even if it's only Glasgow.

I feel like an awful person today because I got caught by my mum trying to steal temazepam. I don't know what she thought I was planning on doing with it (I think she thought I was just kidding around because me and my sister have both made jokes about selling it before. But she isn't angry and I doubt she's even given it a second thought) but I know what I was planning on doing with it and it makes me all disappointed in myself.
  • Options
    4-6 weeks. can be less can be more.
  • Options
    Well I went for the follow up appointment with the doctor. She couldn't remember who I was so it didn't go particularly well. Increased my dose of Citalopram, without mentioning any other things I could be doing to help myself. However, I am quite anaemic so when I start getting enough iron and stuff I should be a bit less exhausted.

I'm supposed to be starting university on friday and I really can't be bothered.
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey Grace,

How is/was your first day at university? Do you feel you have any more energy than before?
    Hope you're okay
  • Options
    JPick wrote: »
    Hey Grace,

How is/was your first day at university? Do you feel you have any more energy than before?
    Hope you're okay

It's going ok ish so far. My flatmates are quite nice. I'm finding it a real effort to be sociable and meet new people, it's a lot easier to just sleep in my room all the time. The conversations I do have with people seem so pointless and just make me feel kind of angry and apologetic.

I feel really stupid here. I have mild dyspraxia, which isn't normally too much of a problem, but now I'm so nervous about everything else I'm very clumsy and awkward. I fell off my chair today at my enrollment appointment and knocked a big metal sign down the stairs as I was leaving a lecture hall, and people just look at me like I'm an idiot.

I'm looking forward to classes starting so at least I have something to concentrate on.
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    I feel really stupid here. I have mild dyspraxia, which isn't normally too much of a problem, but now I'm so nervous about everything else I'm very clumsy and awkward. I fell off my chair today at my enrollment appointment and knocked a big metal sign down the stairs as I was leaving a lecture hall, and people just look at me like I'm an idiot.

I feel your pain. I had to sit in on a load of graduations and lead people in and out of the hall. I fell over my gown and nearly took a Vice Provost out with me in front of 1000 proud parents and graduating offspring. Even "successful" people at uni have clumsy days (I'm not even dyspraxic)!